LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

Deal for Alex Smith Done?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

Former Chiefs GM Scott Pioli says on NFLN that it's "possible" the#49ers get a second- or third-round pick for Alex Smith.

If we got their 2nd I would be ecstatic (unlikely I know)

but then we'd be picking 31 and 33
Rumor is Niners are getting a conditional 4th for Alex Smith. Thought they could get more
Misinformation

No deal is done.

But his value just went up a little lol
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

Former Chiefs GM Scott Pioli says on NFLN that it's "possible" the#49ers get a second- or third-round pick for Alex Smith.

If we got their 2nd I would be ecstatic (unlikely I know)

but then we'd be picking 31 and 33

I'd cream myself if we get their second.
Originally posted by RealShaloop:
Misinformation

No deal is done.

hence the RUMOR tag on the thread title
Originally posted by Ballistic:
Rumor is Niners are getting a conditional 4th for Alex Smith. Thought they could get more

From the voices in your head or what?

Source?
Originally posted by RealShaloop:
Misinformation

No deal is done.

hence the RUMOR tag on the thread title

haha if thats true then the teams who were trying to see if they niners would fold and cut him must be running to the phone now.
@mattbarrows
Former Chiefs GM Scott Pioli says on NFLN that it's "possible" the 49ers could get a second or third-round pick for Alex Smith.

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
LOL at phoenix trying to sell them Smith

with the longest post evar

Hope you're not referring to me......I wouldn't take the time to write all that s**t.....dude damn near wrote an e-book.

Wherever he goes, I wish Alex Smith the best. He's a class act.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Wherever he goes, I wish Alex Smith the best. He's a class act.

yea he is, classiest nfl players i ever seen, wish him the best and will root hard when he plays the raiders!
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
haha if thats true then the teams who were trying to see if they niners would fold and cut him must be running to the phone now.

My first thought is that this some sort of BS to get the teams that were sitting back and going "we'll sign him when he gets cut, LOL", freaking out and joining the bidding process for Alex.
This is b******t. 3rd round pick for a starting QB?
They cant just close up the deal this early for a 3rd-4th rounder.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

The structure of Alex Smith's contract allows Niners to trade him w/no dead $, and is manageable for a team wanting to pair him w/a rookie.

And my understanding is the Niners have been working on the Alex Smith situation the whole time they've been in Indy.
Share 49ersWebzone