There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers signed Glenn Dorsey

Our LBs must be smiling with this signing.
Originally posted by PTulini:
FoxSports.com's Peter Schrager on DL Glenn Dorsey's potential with the 49ers: "This is the perfect kind of guy to join the 49ers. He's had his moments in Kansas City, but was really languishing out there… I remember when Glenn Dorsey was a junior at LSU and there was talk that he'd be a top-5 pick. He went back for his senior year and dominated… The Atlanta Falcons had the No. 3 overall pick that... year and took Matt Ryan. A lot of people were shocked they didn't take Dorsey. He was that dominant of a player in college. The talent was there… I still think that talent is there. He's a young guy, this could be trouble. You put him with Justin Smith and that coaching staff; watch out, this could be an amazing signing."

Good stuff to read. Hope he comes to play!
Any relation to Ken Dorsey? j/k

love the signing
FoxSports.com's Peter Schrager on DL Glenn Dorsey's potential with the 49ers: "This is the perfect kind of guy to join the 49ers. He's had his moments in Kansas City, but was really languishing out there… I remember when Glenn Dorsey was a junior at LSU and there was talk that he'd be a top-5 pick. He went back for his senior year and dominated… The Atlanta Falcons had the No. 3 overall pick that... year and took Matt Ryan. A lot of people were shocked they didn't take Dorsey. He was that dominant of a player in college. The talent was there… I still think that talent is there. He's a young guy, this could be trouble. You put him with Justin Smith and that coaching staff; watch out, this could be an amazing signing."
i have a boner. J. Smith and Dorcey will be a monstrous duo, we just gotta solidify that NT position

Nice.
Need more of this in here, and less bird talk.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i have a boner. J. Smith and Dorcey will be a monstrous duo, we just gotta solidify that NT position

Our NT position has never really been a two-gap player. Dorsey can handle the role Soap played.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Our NT position has never really been a two-gap player. Dorsey can handle the role Soap played.
i dunno what that means to be honest lol. they gonna play dorcey inside? ray mac dorcey and justin on the line?

i dunno what that means to be honest lol. they gonna play dorcey inside? ray mac dorcey and justin on the line?

I think he takes over Soaps role. So yes, Ray Mac, Dorsey and Justin. Then we can also rotate him in at end, like we did with RJF (who also played NT). Dorsey can fill in for both players actually.

Our NT position has not often been lined up directly over the center and responsible for controlling two gaps. Like a classic NT.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Mar 15, 2013 at 12:01 AM ]

I think he takes over Soaps role. So yes, Ray Mac, Dorsey and Justin. Then we can also rotate him in at end, like we did with RJF (who also played NT). Dorsey can fill in for both players actually.

sounds good to me man, dorcey was a beast in school and even on that weak ass KC team he was a bright spot. hes still young and hes loaded with talent. seems like a great signing so far
In my opinion, Glenn Dorsey fits us better as a 3-4 DE, not a NT. We could use him in a similar role to how used Ricky Jean-Francois. Put him in a DE rotation, then kick him inside to DT in 3rd down passing situations. I forsee the 49ers drafting a DT/NT early to compete with Ian Williams. Maybe a guy like Jesse Williams (Alabama), Sylvester Williams (UNC), or Jonathan Hankins (Ohio St.)?
  • MILFS
  • Veteran
$20 bucks that he'll make the pro bowl next year.

Nice.
Need more of this in here, and less bird talk.

Love to hear that. I have a really good feeling about Dorsey. It just seems like a typical, under the radar Baalke move. I love it.
He will probably rotate with Ian or whoever at NT and then spell Mac and Justin at DT when they go from 3/4 to 4/3. I think that he will be rejuvenated. This will be the trend, we pick up former players who never reached their potential because they were misused and to much was expected of them.

He said one of the reason's signed with the niners was line coach Tomosula high energy motor mouth got him excited and jacked up to want to play for the niners and that he is excited. I think he will be like Justin Smith, even though small, high motor, doesn't hurt that he will be influenced by JS just like Aldon was.
[ Edited by WildBill on Mar 15, 2013 at 3:23 AM ]
Still need to draft more d-linemen. In 2 years, I'm not sure any of our current d-linemen will be with the team.
Our coaches have a history of taking under performing players and fixing them.

I like this signing.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Mar 15, 2013 at 9:40 AM ]