There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers signed Glenn Dorsey

So what's the #'s on this contract?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
How does he line up in our 3rd down package? I do see him with his hand in the ground.

It was Smith, Smith, Brooks, and RayMac (iirc). I wonder if that would continue. Maybe Dorsey would replace RayMac in that situation

Think it would be more like this:

1st & 2nd Down: (Brooks) RayMac - Williams - J.Smith (A.Smith)
3rd Down: A.Brooks - Dorsey - J.Smith - A.Smith

If Dorsey is going to rotate in with Smith/RayMac, I'd prefer he do so on running downs. I am unimpressed by his pass rushing, and Ray can get off the ball and move. RayMac gets consistent pressure, as does a healthy Cowboy. Get those guys some rest, and turn them loose on passing downs. No need to downgrade our pass rush, so I don't see them sacrificing reps in the Nickle/dime sets, unless we draft an active rookie early (D.Jones??? )
I'm pleased, though I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm excited. He should be an effective piece of the rotation, but doubtful to be a linchpin that'll have a big impact on improving our D.
Double post: Zone is burning down today
[ Edited by WRATHman44 on Mar 13, 2013 at 3:53 PM ]
Originally posted by Magzarillious:

Seriously!!! Of course, we must have pillowcase-over-the-head donkey-punched his agent if it is taking this long for the contract to go public!
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by Magzarillious:

Seriously!!! Of course, we must have pillowcase-over-the-head donkey-punched his agent if it is taking this long for the contract to go public!

49er inch closer to deal with Glen Dorsey
Cheaper (I would assume) and younger than Soap with some possible upside. What's not to like?
Originally posted by thl408:
Cheaper (I would assume) and younger than Soap with some possible upside. What's not to like?

Knee injuries
I haven't seen him play since college, but I wanna see what Jim Tomsula can do with him.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
49er inch closer to deal with Glen Dorsey

Haven't seen a chiefs game in like 2 years. Did KC utilize him as a pass rushing DT in nickel and dime sets?
Originally posted by Nalo9er:
Haven't seen a chiefs game in like 2 years. Did KC utilize him as a pass rushing DT in nickel and dime sets?

No, he's a classic run stopping 2 gap defender
  • HIMYM
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
So far we got:

1, Dorsey
2. Boldin
3. The #34 pick in the draft
4. A 2-3 round pick next year

We lost:
1. Soap
2. Moss
3. Alex Smith
4. Goldson
5. Walker
6. RJF (probably)

I'd say that is pretty good so far.

The only big loss out of those is Goldson. I love the way out front office operates. Never overpay & stand your ground. It's almost a sure thing that we'll be drafting a safety with 31st or 34th pick. As good as Goldson was, we need a safety with good coverage skills.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Originally posted by Nalo9er:

No, he's a classic run stopping 2 gap defender

Its funny...I've read a tone of stuff that says he's miscast in a 3-4...

...and it makes me flash back to Cincy fans that were critical of Justin Smith because he wasn't capable of playing in a 3-4.

Hrmmm.

Not the same guy...clearly...but Tomsula is a damn good coach.