There are 98 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers signed Glenn Dorsey

So what's the #'s on this contract?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
How does he line up in our 3rd down package? I do see him with his hand in the ground.

It was Smith, Smith, Brooks, and RayMac (iirc). I wonder if that would continue. Maybe Dorsey would replace RayMac in that situation

Think it would be more like this:

1st & 2nd Down: (Brooks) RayMac - Williams - J.Smith (A.Smith)
3rd Down: A.Brooks - Dorsey - J.Smith - A.Smith

If Dorsey is going to rotate in with Smith/RayMac, I'd prefer he do so on running downs. I am unimpressed by his pass rushing, and Ray can get off the ball and move. RayMac gets consistent pressure, as does a healthy Cowboy. Get those guys some rest, and turn them loose on passing downs. No need to downgrade our pass rush, so I don't see them sacrificing reps in the Nickle/dime sets, unless we draft an active rookie early (D.Jones??? )
I'm pleased, though I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm excited. He should be an effective piece of the rotation, but doubtful to be a linchpin that'll have a big impact on improving our D.
Double post: Zone is burning down today
[ Edited by WRATHman44 on Mar 13, 2013 at 3:53 PM ]
Originally posted by Magzarillious:

Seriously!!! Of course, we must have pillowcase-over-the-head donkey-punched his agent if it is taking this long for the contract to go public!
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by Magzarillious:

Seriously!!! Of course, we must have pillowcase-over-the-head donkey-punched his agent if it is taking this long for the contract to go public!

49er inch closer to deal with Glen Dorsey
  • thl408
Cheaper (I would assume) and younger than Soap with some possible upside. What's not to like?
Originally posted by thl408:
Cheaper (I would assume) and younger than Soap with some possible upside. What's not to like?

Knee injuries
I haven't seen him play since college, but I wanna see what Jim Tomsula can do with him.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
49er inch closer to deal with Glen Dorsey

Haven't seen a chiefs game in like 2 years. Did KC utilize him as a pass rushing DT in nickel and dime sets?
Originally posted by Nalo9er:
Haven't seen a chiefs game in like 2 years. Did KC utilize him as a pass rushing DT in nickel and dime sets?

No, he's a classic run stopping 2 gap defender
  • HIMYM
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
So far we got:

1, Dorsey
2. Boldin
3. The #34 pick in the draft
4. A 2-3 round pick next year

We lost:
1. Soap
2. Moss
3. Alex Smith
4. Goldson
5. Walker
6. RJF (probably)

I'd say that is pretty good so far.

The only big loss out of those is Goldson. I love the way out front office operates. Never overpay & stand your ground. It's almost a sure thing that we'll be drafting a safety with 31st or 34th pick. As good as Goldson was, we need a safety with good coverage skills.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Originally posted by Nalo9er:

No, he's a classic run stopping 2 gap defender

Its funny...I've read a tone of stuff that says he's miscast in a 3-4...

...and it makes me flash back to Cincy fans that were critical of Justin Smith because he wasn't capable of playing in a 3-4.

Hrmmm.

Not the same guy...clearly...but Tomsula is a damn good coach.