Arizona Cardinals W
Seattle Seahawks L
St. Louis Rams W
New Orleans Saints L
Tampa Bay Buccaneers W
Jacksonville Jaguars (London) W
Tennessee Titans W
Washington Redskins (Wildcard W or L)

12-4 (1st seed) or 11-5 (2nd or 3rd seed)

If we get the 1st seed, I see us going to the SB. If we get the 3rd, that means we have to go through GB, NO, ATL, or SEA. Then we're in a heap of trouble.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Two things: 1. Seahawks have a harder schedule next season while the Niners have and easier schedule. 2. Not just the Niners, but all defenses will scheme to keep Wilson in the pocket and take advantage of his height disadvantage - he'll have a sophomore slump and the Seahawks will suffer.

This is why I can imagine the following scenario:

SF: 14-2
STL: 9-7
SEA: 7-9
ARZ: 4-12

Why will the Niners do so well? In addition to the easier schedule, a complete, cohesive offense built especially for and around Kaepernick and a freshly tweaked defense with some new DB talent and more size, height and depth on the defensive line.

Also, Seattle has a new DC; that will make a big difference in how their defense plays. It will not be as good. That's why Seattle may well be an under-500 team next year.
[ Edited by longtime49erfan on Feb 15, 2013 at 9:05 PM ]
Sea will be better then 7-9 cmon now. I see us going 14-2/15-1. STL will be in the 8 to 9 wins range.
Two things: 1. Seahawks have a harder schedule next season while the Niners have and easier schedule. 2. Not just the Niners, but all defenses will scheme to keep Wilson in the pocket and take advantage of his height disadvantage - he'll have a sophomore slump and the Seahawks will suffer.

Why will the Niners do so well? In addition to the easier schedule, a complete, cohesive offense built especially for and around Kaepernick and a freshly tweaked defense with some new DB talent and more size, height and depth on the defensive line.

This post almost made me cry. (no homo, not that theres anything wrong with that) Saw the 14-2 and had flashbacks to the 80's. When 14-2 was never out of the question, if not expected. If we can truely start expecting 13-3, 14-2 as our record.....all I can say, its been a long long time coming.
I will be more content with no late season injuries and a peaking 11-5 team than a 13-3 or 14-2 team with faults and/or injuries....
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Feb 16, 2013 at 9:12 AM ]
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
Future Opponents 2013

HOME

Arizona Cardinals W
Seattle Seahawks W
St. Louis Rams W
Atlanta Falcons L
Carolina Panthers W
Houston Texans W
Indianapolis Colts W
Green Bay Packers L

AWAY

Arizona Cardinals W
Seattle Seahawks L
St. Louis Rams W
New Orleans Saints L
Tampa Bay Buccaneers W
Jacksonville Jaguars (London) W
Tennessee Titans W
Washington Redskins (Wildcard W or L)

12-4 (1st seed) or 11-5 (2nd or 3rd seed)

If we get the 1st seed, I see us going to the SB. If we get the 3rd, that means we have to go through GB, NO, ATL, or SEA. Then we're in a heap of trouble.
You think we're going to lose at home in the last season of Candlestick!?????

I think we run the table and go out in style and that includes the playoffs :)

Lol. No one knows how tough the schedules are until a few games into the season. You are seriously underestimating the Seahawks and Wilson. Dude is legit. 5'10 or not. I truly don't think we go the whole season with only two losses. How exactly is this offense going to be built for and around Kaepernick?
At this point i dont care if we go 7-9 or 16-0. All meaningless. I want a lombardi trophy.
At this point i dont care if we go 7-9 or 16-0. All meaningless. I want a lombardi trophy.
Originally posted by aTx49er:
Lol. No one knows how tough the schedules are until a few games into the season. You are seriously underestimating the Seahawks and Wilson. Dude is legit. 5'10 or not. I truly don't think we go the whole season with only two losses. How exactly is this offense going to be built for and around Kaepernick?

Fine. We'll see. But ask yourself why you have never seen a successful 5'10" QB in your entire life. Teams are going to take advantage of his height and he's going to have a huge sophomore slump. Happens every time. The only successful QB in this era even close to him is Brees and defenses are already learning how to shade blockers and trick him into interceptions. He had quite a few multiple interception games last season. And, he's got 2 and a half inches on Russell Wilson. And, it's much more important to know who you're playing away and at home than it is when you're playing them - we know that now. As far as your last question: longer chunk routes that take advantage of his canon, 30-yard comebacks, designed roll-outs with stop-go routes designed to take advantage of his canon, more option sets mixed in here and there to take advantage of his speed, spread offenses with multiple receivers designed to blunt the effectiveness of the larger more physical fronts we face at least four times a year, more slant-type routes because he can see over his line -- but the important thing is that whatever it is, he is the only one working with it for an entire off-season, they work with him and figure out exactly what he does best and stress plays that bring out the best in him (as opposed to a work-in-progress where you're going to be changing philosophies throughout the season and even changing QB's).

Yes, two loses is an extremely optimistic projection, but it's based on a cohesive Kaepernick offense, the expectation that they will use the draft to fix problems with their defense and the fact that the 2013 season is an easier schedule than 2012 was. It's also based on my expectation that defenses will figure out how to deal with Russell Wilson a little bit better.

I honestly see Seattle regressing. They just don't really scare me. They benefitted from an easier schedule and a bit of an element of surprise with Wilson last season. Their defense was already beginning to regress starting at about halfway through the season. Combine that with the fact that Pete Carroll has the attention span of an ant, and I see them as an 8-8 team.
49ers 13-3
Rams 10-6
Seattle 9-7
Arizona 2-14
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
49ers 13-3
Rams 10-6
Seattle 9-7
Arizona 2-14

I can agree with that. I do actually see the Rams as more of a threat than Seattle this coming season.
Niner 12-4
Seahawks 11-5
Rams 8-8
Cards 6-10

Scheduling will have a lot to do with it. Back to Back cross country road trips (London) injuries all play a roll. I think it will come down to a late season game against Seattle again. Hopefully we're at home. Those b*****ds can't win on the road. Bradford won't figure it out. He'll play better but will never be a top 15 QB in the league. Poor Fitz, he may never make the playoffs again....unless he becomes a niner!
14-2
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Feb 16, 2013 at 6:57 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone