There are 230 users in the forums

NFC West 2013 Record Projections

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SJniner7:
I dunno. Every time I thought Wilson would fail, he prevailed. It was crazy how good he got down the stretch. I sure hope he has a sophomore slump though, this guys has douche written all over him. And all the ESPN and NFLN guys are swinging from his ... you know what.

Regarding those ESPN and NFLN guys, that's a classic recipe for a let down. They can swing from his you know what's all off season while Kaepernick is working his ass off with linemen and receivers.
San Francisco // 11-5
Seattle // 10-6
St. Louis // 9-7
Arizona // 3-13
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
San Francisco // 11-5
Seattle // 10-6
St. Louis // 9-7
Arizona // 3-13

I seem to agree with this. I thought we'd be 11-5 last year, and we were 11-4-1. I think we'll be slightly worse on defense again and slightly better on offense as we transition from a defensive team to an offensive team. I wouldn't be surprised if Seattle wins the division either, they will be good. Also, the Rams had a few bad breaks at the beginning of the season, but they were in it until the end. Overall, we will have the most competitive division in football and it should be a 3 horse race.
I still think the Seahawks are going to fade a little next season. They'll still have a good defense, but I think Wilson is going to have a sophomore slump. In this day and age, I'll believe a 5'10" QB can be consistently successful from year to year when I see it happen and not before I see it happen. Again, these days, every team has the personnel to do to Wilson what the Steelers consistently did to Fran Tarkenton back in the day. When Tarkenton was playing, there were lots of teams with O-linemen and D-linemen in the 6 ft range. Leo Nomellini was a dominating D-lineman at 6'1". The Steelers, though, had bigger, tall defensive linemen - L.C. Greenwood was 6'6" and Joe Greene was 6'4" - and they had a couple of very tall linebackers. They were one team that made it very hard for Tarkenton to find receivers.

Not just the Niners, but all teams that play them are going to try to be ready to contain Wilson in the pocket by any means necessary next season and linemen are just a lot taller these days so he'll have to be looking through lanes rather than be out in space just playing sandlot ball. And, when you're a shorter guy forced to look through lanes for receivers, you also throw more interceptions because safeties hide behind linemen. Look what's been happening to Drew Brees and he's got over 2 inches on Wilson. Brees threw 19 ints last season. And as far as the Seahawks defense is concerned, I think the Niners and other teams are going to spread them out and make them cover more receivers. Add the fact that the Seahawks have a much tougher away team schedule and I predict that they fade possibly to third in the division and not making the playoffs.
Originally posted by Beeker:
Hello everyone! This will be my first attempt at starting a thread. My goal is here is to get everyone's opinion as to the final regular season records for all 4 NFC West teams. Do the Seahawks match their performance of 2012? Are the Cardinals as bad as they looked? Do the Rams improve or implode? Are the 49ers a lock to 3-peat as division champs? You tell me .....

This is strictly a W.A.G. on my part - nothing more than fun speculation. I personally believe the only team to have a winning record in the division will be the 49ers.
  1. San Francisco 12-4
  2. Seattle 7-9
  3. St. Louis 6-10
  4. Arizona 3-13

Have at it!

LOL.. let me get this straight.. we are virtually bringing back every starter.. we'll more than likely be adding to depth via FA and draft.. All our rookies that started this last season now have a full season and playoffs under their belts, yet will lose 4 more games next season... Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.. yes our road schedule is tougher, but our offense will be much better.. oh ya that's right it won't , Wilson's only 5'10" my mistake.. Wow not even a .500 team? well it was a good ride while it lasted...
Originally posted by hawker84:
LOL.. let me get this straight.. we are virtually bringing back every starter.. we'll more than likely be adding to depth via FA and draft.. All our rookies that started this last season now have a full season and playoffs under their belts, yet will lose 4 more games next season... Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.. yes our road schedule is tougher, but our offense will be much better.. oh ya that's right it won't , Wilson's only 5'10" my mistake.. Wow not even a .500 team? well it was a good ride while it lasted...

for what it's worth, I think he's in the minority here. I think most of us realize that Seattle isn't going anywhere. I also think the Rams will improve and the NFCW will be a 3-horse race.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

for what it's worth, I think he's in the minority here. I think most of us realize that Seattle isn't going anywhere. I also think the Rams will improve and the NFCW will be a 3-horse race.

Yeah, Beeker is in the minority.

As a Niner fan, I would love to see Seattle fall flat and loose 9 games. But it ain't gonna happen. I'm expecting Seattle to be our toughest opponent next season. I'm not so worried about Russel Wilson. He's a solid QB with great mobility. But we have the best linebackers in the league. We already have an answer for Wilson.

I'm more worried about how we address our WR group. We need to beef up our passing attack against those CBs up in Seattle.
I know i'm just giving beeker a hard time.. I actually think it'll be tougher to win the division next season due to our road schedule, that i'll agree with. if we cannot overcome our road woes it'll be a long season.. However both our teams will be improving on both sides of the ball this off season.. no reason to think it won't be a dog fight between us and the rams next season, barring injuries of course...
I know i'm just giving beeker a hard time.. I actually think it'll be tougher to win the division next season due to our road schedule, that i'll agree with. if we cannot overcome our road woes it'll be a long season.. However both our teams will be improving on both sides of the ball this off season.. no reason to think it won't be a dog fight between us and the rams next season, barring injuries of course...

Yes, I'm a 49ers homer. I freely admit that. Truth be told, the Seahawks SHOULD maintain if not get better. My biggest concern (and not as a 49ers homer) is that R.W. slumps, and badly. That doesn't mean he will, I just THINK he will. Was I a little .... "silly" ... for saying 7-9? Maybe. If they go 9-7 or 10-6, I won't actually be surprised. I just think maybe a few breaks they got last season, and some close games they won, probably go the other way this year. I knew I would catch a ration of ... stuff ... for my predictions. But they are what they are, and I stand by it. And if Hawker wants to give me a hard time about it. then I have earned it!
[ Edited by Beeker on Feb 19, 2013 at 12:01 PM ]
Ok. I wanna play....What the Zone wants

Niners: 16-0
Rams: 4-12
Arizona: 2-14
Seatte: 0-16

What the Zone fears:

Seattle: 14-2
Arizona:10-6
Rams: 8-6-2
Niners: 7-7-2

What the Zone gets:

Seattle: 12-4
Niners: 10-6
Rams: 9-7
Arizona: 7-9

Niners make the playoffs as a wild card team....and win the whole damn thing this time!!!

Originally posted by Robert:

What the Zone fears:

What the Zone gets:

Niners make the playoffs as a wild card team....and win the whole damn thing this time!!!

We are going to be the first 0-16 team to win a super bowl, book it !
Originally posted by Robert:

What the Zone fears:

What the Zone gets:

Arizona has ZERO chance of winning 7 games this year. No matter what they do in the draft and FA< there's no way they address all the deficiencies on that team this year. It will take 3-5 years for them to rebuild - they were already in trouble because of the Kurt Warner deals, it got WAY worse once they signed Kolb. In fact, the Kolb deal is a major factor in why Alex is getting the cold shoulder. That, and his first 6 years in the league. Everyone saw this offseason what happens to a GM and Coach that gave Kolb a 5 year $65 million dollar deal - for having done absolutely nothing in the league. I said before they signed Kolb, it would set that franchise back 5 years. Looks like I might be right on that one LOL
Originally posted by Beeker:
Yes, I'm a 49ers homer. I freely admit that. Truth be told, the Seahawks SHOULD maintain if not get better. My biggest concern (and not as a 49ers homer) is that R.W. slumps, and badly. That doesn't mean he will, I just THINK he will. Was I a little .... "silly" ... for saying 7-9? Maybe. If they go 9-7 or 10-6, I won't actually be surprised. I just think maybe a few breaks they got last season, and some close games they won, probably go the other way this year. I knew I would catch a ration of ... stuff ... for my predictions. But they are what they are, and I stand by it. And if Hawker wants to give me a hard time about it. then I have earned it!

i hear ya.. i sincerely hope Kap regresses next season, the NFL has all this film on him now and should be able to figure out schemes to slow him down and utitlize his weaknesses..aint gonna happen though, because there's a problem with that, he doesn't have a whole lot of weaknesses... So how are NFL teams susppose to go about doing this? same can be said about RW.

The fact that some folks are still talking about RW is too short and eventually that's going to be his downfall is really kind of funny at this point. it's just speculation and above all wishful thinking. If you look at RW's stats, his stats inside the pocket are better than his stats outside.. so to say defenses will contain him and force him to throw from the pocket, sounds good in theory, but already has proven to be unsuccessful...

The fact is in my opinion.. both these guys are special.. physically gifted atheletes, that can make every throw, extend plays with their legs, and scramble for first downs.. bottom line, they sustain drives by moving the chains, by any means necessary.. to think either one of them will regress is very doubtful. Seattle and SF will be two of the best teams in the NFL next season.. not just NFC...
i hear ya.. i sincerely hope Kap regresses next season, the NFL has all this film on him now and should be able to figure out schemes to slow him down and utitlize his weaknesses..aint gonna happen though, because there's a problem with that, he doesn't have a whole lot of weaknesses... So how are NFL teams susppose to go about doing this? same can be said about RW.

The fact that some folks are still talking about RW is too short and eventually that's going to be his downfall is really kind of funny at this point. it's just speculation and above all wishful thinking. If you look at RW's stats, his stats inside the pocket are better than his stats outside.. so to say defenses will contain him and force him to throw from the pocket, sounds good in theory, but already has proven to be unsuccessful...

The fact is in my opinion.. both these guys are special.. physically gifted atheletes, that can make every throw, extend plays with their legs, and scramble for first downs.. bottom line, they sustain drives by moving the chains, by any means necessary.. to think either one of them will regress is very doubtful. Seattle and SF will be two of the best teams in the NFL next season.. not just NFC...

Can't argue with your analysis. I said in my original post, it's simply W.A.G.-ing. I see that Wilson has the potential to be top flite, just like Kaep does. I think Kaep will have a somewhat easier time to to his size and strength. It's also said that they will try to keep Kaep in the pocket - not the best idea in the world because the dude has a cannon and has proven he can win by passing and not just with his legs. Lots of weapons, stout defenses - it's gonna be fun!!!!

Agreed. Both are special and have great intangibles. At this juncture, it's more about everyone else around them.

We had a pretty brutal schedule last year but played great tournament ball and set ourselves up nicely for the run. This year, the Hawks will have a true playoff schedule and teams will be game planning better (lwith CK too). The Hawks will be playing from a winner's-perspective now and will lose key coaches and players along the way. Sustaining a very high level of success will be much more difficult going forward for the Hawks now.

It's funny, talking to all my friends/family up in Seattle. They almost wish they were just a decent team again; it's stressful for them now. Being a front-runner and having everyone gun for you isn't easy!

We feel ya! But it's great to be back...
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 19, 2013 at 12:54 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone