LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 239 users in the forums

Do the 49ers have the making of a 16-0 team next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We might lose to the Seahawks and Saints on the road
Originally posted by pd24:
14-2

14-2.

You beat everyone except the Rams.
Originally posted by RedAlice:
14-2.

Actually. I see 1 loss against the Rams (maybe) and 1 against the Seachicks (at their place... dam they have a loud crowd!!) Just for giggles, I've heard estimates that the crowd noise at the new stadium should be close to ..... whatever they call their stadium in Seattle this month. 2/3 of the crowd is actually in the lower bowl section, so it will be loud, I'm sure.
[ Edited by Beeker on Feb 6, 2013 at 8:34 PM ]
Division will be tougher, and we havent even seen who we end up losing, cutting, and who we draft and who we sign. as to early for this thread, and even if we do come with a better roster, history is not in favor of 16-0 seasons.

I still think we win the division, and Seattle makes a WC spot, but its gonna be tougher within the division, and it was already tough. All three oponents within the division will get better.
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by RedAlice:
14-2.

Actually. I see 1 loss against the Rams (maybe) and 1 against the Seachicks (at their place... dam they have a loud crowd!!) Just for giggles, I've heard estimates that the crowd noise at the new stadium should be close to ..... whatever they call their stadium in Seattle this month. 2/3 of the crowd is actually in the lower bowl section, so it will be loud, I'm sure.

thats gonna be huge. 2/3 of a 70k stadium that close to the field is gonna be insane. i dunno if we go 16 because we will lose people and gain some new people and so will everyone else but i do know we will make the playoffs again and do serious damage. theres no way we dont get 6 next year. kaep is only gonna get better and the kid already looks liek a big game qb. get some receiver and db help and were back in it. the draft is also loaded with dlinemen so we are set if we make a couple decent picks. luck seems to be smiling at us giving us another shot to get it done
Mike Wallace on this team could be something amazing...
Originally posted by cashmahne:
Mike Wallace on this team could be something amazing...

id rather have bowe or victor cruz if were gonna spend money. maybe even greg jennings if hes fully healthy. we need bigger receivers. kyle and manningham got broken in half and moss doesnt catch anything when hes a bout to get hit, thats the only reason he wasnt hurt.mike wallace is a burner but hes pretty much just a deep threat.
no, not with our defense giving up over 28 points per game in the playoffs.
Took me a minute to remember his name.

Wilson, yea wilson.

Niners will have more than one answer for him this coming season. A scrambler in 2014 is a liability. Everyone will game plan and blitz his ass to hell.

A game breaker is another story.

That is what the Niners have.

We need Justin Smith on fire, a new shutdown corner, and secondary improvement.

Like they mean it.

Offense will be even better next year.
I really don't care, if the 49ers can win 16 games. I am thinking of the SB. Look at what the Ravens did - 10-6, You play the season with the goal of getting the team into the play-offs and then winning the SB. The team needs to gel, grow and mature as the season progresses. New plays installed, injuries and experimentation will take place, all creating possibilities of not coming up with a clean slate after 16 games.
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Feb 6, 2013 at 11:49 PM ]

• tarl
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Lol. Brady/Ryan/Rodgers/Brees/Stafford all lost vs us last season. Not worried about big bad Schaub next year

How did Eli do against you?
Originally posted by tarl:

Originally posted by tarl:
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Lol. Brady/Ryan/Rodgers/Brees/Stafford all lost vs us last season. Not worried about big bad Schaub next year

How did Bradford do against you?
I don't know if we can go undefeated, but I'll take my chances saying we'll have the best record in the NFL.

Why is everybody so scared about the Seahawks, I mean really???
I think the Niners were capable of being a 16-0 team this year, but that just isn't how it works out. It is likely that a loss or two will occur based on the unforeseen. For a team to go undefeated, takes a bit of luck. I do see the Niners as a 14-2 type team, give or take a game, assuming Colin K. does not get injured. As a Sac native, transplanted to Tacoma, WA I get to see the Niners play the one game that they have the most potential for losing. The Rams maybe another one, but it is possible that one other team pulls one out that the Niners didn't see coming.
Originally posted by JayPap:
I don't know if we can go undefeated, but I'll take my chances saying we'll have the best record in the NFL.

Why is everybody so scared about the Seahawks, I mean really???

Because they are actually a good team. I have seen every game the Niners played in Seattle since 2002, the team they have now is for real. I wish it wasn't true.
Share 49ersWebzone