LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Do the 49ers have the making of a 16-0 team next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by bpg4980:
Not saying a team can't ever

Agreed. It's not all about how mentally crushing a SB loss is vs any other playoff loss - but again it doesn't help. And history clearly shows that for whatever reason, teams RARELY go back the next year. Especially the losing team. It's not likely we'll stay as healthy as we did - between Manningham, Hunter, Haralson, and Kyle none of them were starters. It's always really hard to win it all, and it's never going to be easier than it would have been this year.

Packers 1997 and 1998; Broncos 1998 and 1999; Patriots 2004 and 2005. Plus, teams with an elite QB make it back multiple times over five to seven year periods: Steelers '06, '09, '11; Patriots '02, '04, '05, '08, '12; a couple for the Colts under Manning, a couple for the Giants under Manning.

I think Kaepernick is going to be an elite QB in the NFL, a QB that they build their offense around. And, I think they're going to have a good defense for years. There's no reason why the Niners can't be a team that makes multiple Super Bowl appearances over the next 8 or 9 years.
I think the 49ers have the best team in the NFL at this point but 16-0 is really tough to pull off.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
It is officially the off season so we can dream right? But look at the last 16-0 team. It was the 2007 New England Patriots. They had an unstoppable offense with a serviceable defense. They went out and got Randy Moss (in his prime almost) and I still consider them a top 3 team ever even though they lost the SB.

There are so many good FA WR's out there. There is Bowe, Cruz, Jennings, Mike Wallace, and Wes Welker. I think they are all guys who know they can get a ring with the 49ers. They see Kaep as an explosive superstar and will want to play for us if the FO decides to go after them.

Our defense is regressing, but I know it will be addressed in the offseason. We may not need that 2011 defense next year. I think the offense will be pretty unstoppable with another offseason under Kaep's belt. This team next year may resemble those 2007 Pats and who knows, maybe they won't lose.

I know they have to go to Seattle, but anything is possible. I will be excited to see if the niners win their first 5-6 games in a row how many people think they will go undefeated. My realistic goal next year is another 13-3 season, but this team CAN do it if they are focused enough.

Regressing? Do you realize that what they did last year happens once or twice every 20-30 years?!
now you've gone and jinxed it.
15-4, Superbowl Victory over the Broncos! You heard it here first!
14-2; 49ers over Seahawks in the Championship within the final game at Candlestick Park; 49ers destroy the Texans in an outdoor 40 degree Superbowl.
Gee, let me think... Ummmm... No.

We will have our hands full just fending off Seattle in our division. Lets just concentrate on making the playoffs next year and go from there...
Short answer: no

Long answer: f**k no
they are good enough too, but then so are alot of other teams

the question is are they lucky enough. can the ball bounce our way most of the time?

i say no

12-4 with a 2 game losing streak somewhere in the season
Haaa, haaa..riiight...

• Axl49
  • Veteran
14-2 book it down. I told my cuz after the loss were going 14-2 and gonna run thru NFL we are playing mad next season and Kap has a whole offseason as the starter. Look out our offense gonna be on point.
I think our team can be better next year, but going undefeated is extremely tough. I'd be happy with 13-3.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
No. And im the biggest 49ers homer east of Phoenix.

East of the biggest 49ers homer IN Phoenix - ME!
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by bpg4980:
Not saying a team can't ever

Agreed. It's not all about how mentally crushing a SB loss is vs any other playoff loss - but again it doesn't help. And history clearly shows that for whatever reason, teams RARELY go back the next year. Especially the losing team. It's not likely we'll stay as healthy as we did - between Manningham, Hunter, Haralson, and Kyle none of them were starters. It's always really hard to win it all, and it's never going to be easier than it would have been this year.

Packers 1997 and 1998; Broncos 1998 and 1999; Patriots 2004 and 2005. Plus, teams with an elite QB make it back multiple times over five to seven year periods: Steelers '06, '09, '11; Patriots '02, '04, '05, '08, '12; a couple for the Colts under Manning, a couple for the Giants under Manning.

I think Kaepernick is going to be an elite QB in the NFL, a QB that they build their offense around. And, I think they're going to have a good defense for years. There's no reason why the Niners can't be a team that makes multiple Super Bowl appearances over the next 8 or 9 years.

I'll officially go on record as saying the 49ers WILL win 3 or 4 Super Bowls over the next 8 to 10 years. I'll also officially say the 49ers will be the first team to 10 Super Bowl wins (not necessarily with THIS group, but the first team to get to 10 SB wins).
Share 49ersWebzone