There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do the 49ers have the making of a 16-0 team next year?

Originally posted by cciowa:
we had some weaknesses in our game which have been there all year long exposed on sunday against a good team. How in the world can some people be so arrogant to think we can go 16-0. we must make improvement in many areas of our team, most of which were exposed sunday, if we want to win the division

depth on the defensive line including a justin replacement and another pass rusher so aldon does not get so "tired". that is the excuse he is using for his s**t play in the last few weeks and that is so god damn lame it makes me want to spit nails

a massive upgrade is needed in the secondary

a massive upgrade is needed in special teams in all areas cept for andy lee, Now i think with kyle and hunter coming back along with james i think we are ok with returns but the way we whiffed the tackle on the kickoff return(and do not start with any"holding" penalties) is poetic justice cuz that is what we did all year long

better pass protection from the line , the ability to get plays called in time,,, stop with the f**king penalties as we were one of the most penalized teams in the nfl( and do not start with the nfl had it out for us b******t)

upgrades in the wide out department, get rid of ginn and moss, mario and kyle should help and i would like to think jenkins going to camp ck will help but we need at least one good wideout to join us next year, and while walker did some decent things sunday i think we need a upgrade there

and of course a new f**king kicker

this will not happen I am sure but my guilty pleasure is a new offensive coordinator

you do that maybe we could be 15-1

Your too down on the secondary, but mostly right. We will always be bridesmaids with our current offensive approach. Roman/Harbaugh need to sit at a truce table and figure it out together or one needs to go or needs to give complete game time control to the other. It sounds like game time changeups interfered with execution. Special teams need a new assistant and/or personnel upgrades. Fangio didn't seem to have any answers either for the last 6 weeks.

VandednBosch has been released. There's a quick two year upgrade for us. Unless there is injury no one knows about. We need depth, here's a possible 50% down player for 2 years who produced 14.5 sacks last year on a crap Lion team.

Like how you're calling out Aldon, cciowa. He really did turn into the Invisible Man the last few weeks. If you're that badly hurt, just go on IR.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,709
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Please, I'm still getting over first and goal at the seven.

to not even allow the best rushing attack in the nfl behind the best run blocking line in the nfl a CHANCE is inexcusable no matter how much spin or protecting roman and Jh people want to do. fine gore was tired and could not run on first down,, put dixon in there and run him at least once, then bring gore back. jesus
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by cciowa:
we had some weaknesses in our game which have been there all year long exposed on sunday against a good team. How in the world can some people be so arrogant to think we can go 16-0. we must make improvement in many areas of our team, most of which were exposed sunday, if we want to win the division

depth on the defensive line including a justin replacement and another pass rusher so aldon does not get so "tired". that is the excuse he is using for his s**t play in the last few weeks and that is so god damn lame it makes me want to spit nails

a massive upgrade is needed in the secondary

a massive upgrade is needed in special teams in all areas cept for andy lee, Now i think with kyle and hunter coming back along with james i think we are ok with returns but the way we whiffed the tackle on the kickoff return(and do not start with any"holding" penalties) is poetic justice cuz that is what we did all year long

better pass protection from the line , the ability to get plays called in time,,, stop with the f**king penalties as we were one of the most penalized teams in the nfl( and do not start with the nfl had it out for us b******t)

upgrades in the wide out department, get rid of ginn and moss, mario and kyle should help and i would like to think jenkins going to camp ck will help but we need at least one good wideout to join us next year, and while walker did some decent things sunday i think we need a upgrade there

and of course a new f**king kicker

this will not happen I am sure but my guilty pleasure is a new offensive coordinator

you do that maybe we could be 15-1

Your too down on the secondary, but mostly right. We will always be bridesmaids with our current offensive approach. Roman/Harbaugh need to sit at a truce table and figure it out together or one needs to go or needs to give complete game time control to the other. It sounds like game time changeups interfered with execution. Special teams need a new assistant and/or personnel upgrades. Fangio didn't seem to have any answers either for the last 6 weeks.

VandednBosch has been released. There's a quick two year upgrade for us. Unless there is injury no one knows about. We need depth, here's a possible 50% down player for 2 years who produced 14.5 sacks last year on a crap Lion team.

Like how you're calling out Aldon, cciowa. He really did turn into the Invisible Man the last few weeks. If you're that badly hurt, just go on IR.


vanden bosch is not an ideal fit for the 3-4, and hes old
28+ points per week from a supercharged Kap offense, a kicker that hits a few clutch field goals, and a rock solid defense will put us at13-3. Book it!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,709
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by cciowa:
we had some weaknesses in our game which have been there all year long exposed on sunday against a good team. How in the world can some people be so arrogant to think we can go 16-0. we must make improvement in many areas of our team, most of which were exposed sunday, if we want to win the division

depth on the defensive line including a justin replacement and another pass rusher so aldon does not get so "tired". that is the excuse he is using for his s**t play in the last few weeks and that is so god damn lame it makes me want to spit nails

a massive upgrade is needed in the secondary

a massive upgrade is needed in special teams in all areas cept for andy lee, Now i think with kyle and hunter coming back along with james i think we are ok with returns but the way we whiffed the tackle on the kickoff return(and do not start with any"holding" penalties) is poetic justice cuz that is what we did all year long

better pass protection from the line , the ability to get plays called in time,,, stop with the f**king penalties as we were one of the most penalized teams in the nfl( and do not start with the nfl had it out for us b******t)

upgrades in the wide out department, get rid of ginn and moss, mario and kyle should help and i would like to think jenkins going to camp ck will help but we need at least one good wideout to join us next year, and while walker did some decent things sunday i think we need a upgrade there

and of course a new f**king kicker

this will not happen I am sure but my guilty pleasure is a new offensive coordinator

you do that maybe we could be 15-1

Your too down on the secondary, but mostly right. We will always be bridesmaids with our current offensive approach. Roman/Harbaugh need to sit at a truce table and figure it out together or one needs to go or needs to give complete game time control to the other. It sounds like game time changeups interfered with execution. Special teams need a new assistant and/or personnel upgrades. Fangio didn't seem to have any answers either for the last 6 weeks.

VandednBosch has been released. There's a quick two year upgrade for us. Unless there is injury no one knows about. We need depth, here's a possible 50% down player for 2 years who produced 14.5 sacks last year on a crap Lion team.

Like how you're calling out Aldon, cciowa. He really did turn into the Invisible Man the last few weeks. If you're that badly hurt, just go on IR.
whitner pissed me off but i think i am ok with our "scumbag safeties" that is what seattle calls them and i like it. however we really really need a upgrade with the corners. I felt like i was watching the three headed monster of rumph, jason webster and ahmed P on that keystone cops routine where they let the guy catch it, fall down, get up and run into the end zone... f**king jimmy johnson and bruce taylor would never have allowed that ( that last part was for you me fellow old school fan )
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,709
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by cciowa:
we had some weaknesses in our game which have been there all year long exposed on sunday against a good team. How in the world can some people be so arrogant to think we can go 16-0. we must make improvement in many areas of our team, most of which were exposed sunday, if we want to win the division

depth on the defensive line including a justin replacement and another pass rusher so aldon does not get so "tired". that is the excuse he is using for his s**t play in the last few weeks and that is so god damn lame it makes me want to spit nails

a massive upgrade is needed in the secondary

a massive upgrade is needed in special teams in all areas cept for andy lee, Now i think with kyle and hunter coming back along with james i think we are ok with returns but the way we whiffed the tackle on the kickoff return(and do not start with any"holding" penalties) is poetic justice cuz that is what we did all year long

better pass protection from the line , the ability to get plays called in time,,, stop with the f**king penalties as we were one of the most penalized teams in the nfl( and do not start with the nfl had it out for us b******t)

upgrades in the wide out department, get rid of ginn and moss, mario and kyle should help and i would like to think jenkins going to camp ck will help but we need at least one good wideout to join us next year, and while walker did some decent things sunday i think we need a upgrade there

and of course a new f**king kicker

this will not happen I am sure but my guilty pleasure is a new offensive coordinator

you do that maybe we could be 15-1

Your too down on the secondary, but mostly right. We will always be bridesmaids with our current offensive approach. Roman/Harbaugh need to sit at a truce table and figure it out together or one needs to go or needs to give complete game time control to the other. It sounds like game time changeups interfered with execution. Special teams need a new assistant and/or personnel upgrades. Fangio didn't seem to have any answers either for the last 6 weeks.

VandednBosch has been released. There's a quick two year upgrade for us. Unless there is injury no one knows about. We need depth, here's a possible 50% down player for 2 years who produced 14.5 sacks last year on a crap Lion team.

Like how you're calling out Aldon, cciowa. He really did turn into the Invisible Man the last few weeks. If you're that badly hurt, just go on IR.
you must have missed the memo,, he was "tired" grrrrrrrr
Originally posted by crabman82:
vanden bosch is not an ideal fit for the 3-4, and hes old

Go to a 4-3 on 2/3rd and long? Sub out willis go with 4 down + Bowman Smith Brooks in coverage and send one in 30% of the time?
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by crabman82:
vanden bosch is not an ideal fit for the 3-4, and hes old

Go to a 4-3 on 2/3rd and long? Sub out willis go with 4 down + Bowman Smith Brooks in coverage and send one in 30% of the time?

i'm just not a fan of re-treads, more inclined to find the next one, its cheaper and will be around longer
Originally posted by cciowa:
you must have missed the memo,, he was "tired" grrrrrrrr

Isn't that nfl speak for mutilated soft tissue injury? He needs better anaesthetics. He really evaporated against the run. So without the sacks, what is he contributing exactly? Some stats say he had hurries. I guess. There may have been some production. He couldn't catch up to flacco though.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,709
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by crabman82:
we'll struggle to win the div next year and will be in the 10-12 win range
if all of the teams improve than we must to, we can not set around resting and playing checkers this off season. we have to play at a high level in every game esp the conference games because we are the guys with the target and everyone always plays their best against us because of what has occured in the last two years. we need to improve in all areas, including coaching. it was inexcusable the number of times this team came out NOT ready to play the game and of course that bit us sunday in the ass. you can get away with some things vs the dolphins , jets and bills but not in the super bowl for gods sake


for as good of a coaching staff as we have, it was alarming how many times we were out coached this season. seems like every loss we didnt just lose the game, we were out coached in it.
the only time I will ever give them a pass in this regards is to the vikings game. first time in the midwest, to them it felt like ten am in the morning. I am very very hesitant to give them a pass there but i will,,,, the rest of the games as you said,, well it was stunning and alarming
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,709
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by cciowa:
you must have missed the memo,, he was "tired" grrrrrrrr

Isn't that nfl speak for mutilated soft tissue injury? He needs better anaesthetics. He really evaporated against the run. So without the sacks, what is he contributing exactly? Some stats say he had hurries. I guess. There may have been some production. He couldn't catch up to flacco though.
he was always standing around watching the plays from behind
Our secondary sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, I'm not going to speculate, but I will say this....

The last NFL team to lose the Super Bowl and then come back the next year and win it was the 1972 Miami Dolphins. The UNDEFEATED 1972 Miami Dolphins.

They went on to also win in 1973.

Maybe history repeats itself exactly 40 years later?
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Well, I'm not going to speculate, but I will say this....

The last NFL team to lose the Super Bowl and then come back the next year and win it was the 1972 Miami Dolphins. The UNDEFEATED 1972 Miami Dolphins.

They went on to also win in 1973.

Maybe history repeats itself exactly 40 years later?


dallas cowboys did it just prior to that aswell. lost in 1970 to the colts and won the next year vs miami
I would actually prefer we lose a couple games before going to the playoffs. Of course it would be nice to be 16-0, but for one thing, that's really difficult, and for another, I feel like it's really difficult to maintain the focus and intensity to win every single game in the regular season and playoffs. That's why if you remember the 2007 Patriots appeared to begin fatiguing at the end of the season, and of course ended up losing the Super Bowl. If we go 13-3 I'll be really happy and I think we would have a really good shot at winning the Super Bowl, which is all I really care about.