There are 241 users in the forums

Do the 49ers have the making of a 16-0 team next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Silky
  • Veteran
It is officially the off season so we can dream right? But look at the last 16-0 team. It was the 2007 New England Patriots. They had an unstoppable offense with a serviceable defense. They went out and got Randy Moss (in his prime almost) and I still consider them a top 3 team ever even though they lost the SB.

There are so many good FA WR's out there. There is Bowe, Cruz, Jennings, Mike Wallace, and Wes Welker. I think they are all guys who know they can get a ring with the 49ers. They see Kaep as an explosive superstar and will want to play for us if the FO decides to go after them.

Our defense is regressing, but I know it will be addressed in the offseason. We may not need that 2011 defense next year. I think the offense will be pretty unstoppable with another offseason under Kaep's belt. This team next year may resemble those 2007 Pats and who knows, maybe they won't lose.

I know they have to go to Seattle, but anything is possible. I will be excited to see if the niners win their first 5-6 games in a row how many people think they will go undefeated. My realistic goal next year is another 13-3 season, but this team CAN do it if they are focused enough.
15-1
I think so, i saw the schedule, only rams and Seahawks I fear can make it not happen.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
14-2
Not with this defense.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
It is officially the off season so we can dream right? But look at the last 16-0 team. It was the 2007 New England Patriots. They had an unstoppable offense with a serviceable defense. They went out and got Randy Moss (in his prime almost) and I still consider them a top 3 team ever even though they lost the SB.

There are so many good FA WR's out there. There is Bowe, Cruz, Jennings, Mike Wallace, and Wes Welker. I think they are all guys who know they can get a ring with the 49ers. They see Kaep as an explosive superstar and will want to play for us if the FO decides to go after them.

Our defense is regressing, but I know it will be addressed in the offseason. We may not need that 2011 defense next year. I think the offense will be pretty unstoppable with another offseason under Kaep's belt. This team next year may resemble those 2007 Pats and who knows, maybe they won't lose.

I know they have to go to Seattle, but anything is possible. I will be excited to see if the niners win their first 5-6 games in a row how many people think they will go undefeated. My realistic goal next year is another 13-3 season, but this team CAN do it if they are focused enough.
This, along with so many NFC stacked teams next year, is why I say no. We're going up against Seattle twice, GB, NO with Sean Payton back, a Falcons team that I think made our secondary look worse than it ever has in the last two seasons, Washington, and that pimple in the butt we call the Lambs.
Over the last couple of years (more like 1.5 years), it has gotten to the point where I never expect this team to lose.

So I'll say yes.
Gonna say 19-0 :)
Originally posted by OldJoe:
Not with this defense.
Yup, there are a ton of QBs that we're facing next season that will expose this secondary.
Originally posted by YoungWifey:
Not with this defense.
Yup, there are a ton of QBs that we're facing next season that will expose this secondary.

Lol. Brady/Ryan/Rodgers/Brees/Stafford all lost vs us last season. Not worried about big bad Schaub next year
[ Edited by GuessWhosOn3rd on Feb 6, 2013 at 8:29 AM ]

Our division is tough and it showed this year. It'll be tough to win in Seattle and St. Louis.
Not with this defense.

This
No they don't.
Would love that but its not gonna happen.

Too many things can happen to derail us.

And I really don't care if we even win as many games as we did this year. I just want us to be healthy and on a roll entering the playoffs so that we have a good chance at winning the Supebowl this time! I really don't want to turn into the Bills redux.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
no way. We'll drop at least 2 games in the division. The Hawks and Rams are no longer pushovers.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Feb 6, 2013 at 8:37 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone