There are 51 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

This time, I CAN wait until next year...

We feel ya...you just need a month or two off, like the players and that fire will start up again. B/c, after all, your a Faithful.

The "experience" of the Superbowl for this young team is immeasurable and if we get back there next year or any year, it will serve us well.

Have faith!
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by diegosydney:
Exact opposite here.

After last year which was great, I was less optimistic because I didn't think we'd have career years from the Defense and ST and I knew that a 31st ranked offense wouldn't get the team as far.

This time it's the opposite, can't wait to see what FA moves the team will make and what they accomplish in the draft.
you must be young! i am tired and mad. maybe in a while i will play mel gibson in the patriot and come riding my horse carrying my niner flag but right now,,,, no it just did not have to happen this way, had the god damn coaches,,, ah never mind

Define "young".

Over 50.
BELIEVE IN THIS TEAM!!!! WE ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!

The coaching staff is determined BUT young
Our QB started 11 games and is very promising
Defense needs more depth (A TALL CORNER) and DL depth
We have a few key areas to determine (Keep Delanie and Goldson)
14 draft picks
I believe in AJ Jenkins!!!!
LMJ is sure fire homerun threat
We are hungry and this one WILL be remembered
I am more excited than I was last year at this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by pelos21:
My condolonces man.

Thanks bro
Originally posted by zozell:
Every year since I could remember, from the Erickson years, to the Nolan/Singletary Era, up until last year, whenever our season ended either WAY off the mark or "SOOOO CLOSE" to the playoffs, or even last year "JUST MISSING THE SUPERBOWL" my thoughts and feelings were, "I ALREADY CAN'T WAIT UNTIL NEXT SEASON".

The offseason for me would be spent scouring the internet for any article on the Niners. Visiting the webzone everyday. Looking for rare historical games on youtube to fill the 49er void. I was always so hungry for more, with the hope that next year will be the year.

This time it's different. Not saying the hope is not there, because it is. I have DAMN high hopes for next year, and think we have Top 5 Franchise QB for years to come. The future does indeed look bright, but this time, for me, it's different. This pain stings so bad, that I too, like Harbaugh says, need some R & R.

A year ago or so, I posted a poll asking, "Would you rather have the Niners make it to the Super Bowl only to lose and tarnish our 5-0 record, or would you rather lose in the NFC Championship?". The glaring results by over 80% were that they would rather go to the SB and lose, then to lose the NFC Championship. Well now with both results happening in consecutive years, my answer remains and is actually validated. I would have rather lost to the Falcons then lose the Super Bowl. Especially the way we lost it, having to beat the Refs too...

So this offseason, I will not be tuning into the sports talk stations, reading the webzone, contributing to the forums, keeping up with free agency or the draft... I am spent emotionally, and look forward to picking things back up when the Pre-Season starts... for the first time in over 10 years... I actually CAN wait for football to start.

Have a great offseason my 49er brethren... Always Faithful... Let's WIN it next year...

I'll tell you why. Because the team mentally lost this game

How can you come out playing ''California Love'' and then proceed to surrender 28 of the next 32 points. I'm not going to predict how many Titles we win or don't win in the near future but I GUARANTEE this team would have slept walked through the regular season next year if we won that game. We had to come from behind in every single Playoff game. That's not a winning attitude, that's the makings of an overconfident team. We talked the talk all week with the Ravens and needed a power outage to avoid complete embarrassment

Well you know what, I'm still embarrassed. This team let down the entire franchise with that performance. How many players had their worst game of the season? We even played less games than the Ravens. I wore my 49er hat on Monday but it won't be coming out til Preseason. This team doesn't deserve it.
Originally posted by KEGster:
I'll tell you why. Because the team mentally lost this game

How can you come out playing ''California Love'' and then proceed to surrender 28 of the next 32 points. I'm not going to predict how many Titles we win or don't win in the near future but I GUARANTEE this team would have slept walked through the regular season next year if we won that game. We had to come from behind in every single Playoff game. That's not a winning attitude, that's the makings of an overconfident team. We talked the talk all week with the Ravens and needed a power outage to avoid complete embarrassment

Well you know what, I'm still embarrassed. This team let down the entire franchise with that performance. How many players had their worst game of the season? We even played less games than the Ravens. I wore my 49er hat on Monday but it won't be coming out til Preseason. This team doesn't deserve it.

Its the making of an inexperienced team. The Ravens have been knocking on the door for a LONG time. Even Atlanta and Green Bay have been in the playoffs a LOT more than we have in recent years.

The Super Bowl was a surprise to our team and our coaches. The intensity was at a level nobody was prepared for. When the lights went out, we had a chance to be ourselves again and just play football.

We are the super talented young kid going up against a bunch of battle hardened veterans who have been through "the wars". At that point, talent is not as important as being collected and calm.
If I have any criticism of Harbaugh, it would be this. He is certainly no Bill Walsh during the game, he is far too frantic. That rubs off on the players. Bill Walsh had a blank expression on his face seconds after "The Catch". That zen attitude helps keep the players in the moment.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I am dying of curiosity what we get for Alex. Does the start of trading began before or the same time as free agency in March?
My Sincerest Condolences Zozell!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
My Sincerest Condolences Zozell!

Thanks man... miss her so much... makes it even sadder that she waited so long for her Niners to be in the big game, and she wasn't around to see it... in a way the fact that we lost makes me feel better that she didn't have to witness it though
[ Edited by zozell on Feb 6, 2013 at 9:24 PM ]
I don't really care about our Super Bowl record being 5-1. I am still upset we just didn't win it all. Obviously the deeper into the playoffs you go a loss is harder to handle... but wins are that much sweeter. This team was 5 yards away from taking the lead. It was an incredible 2nd half to root for. I had a blast up until that last offensive drive was over.

Am I happy we lost the Super Bowl? No, not at all. But am I happy we won the NFC? You bet I am. To me a loss in the NFC Championship would of been a failure of a season. A win there and almost epic comeback in the Super Bowl proves Harbaugh made the right choice with Kaep and that we will be the team to beat in the NFC in 2013.

In sports, there are many ups and downs. Almost always there are more downs than ups... but the ups are so good... I'll take the downs. It was a very fun year that ended so close to a world championship. I can only hope we are in the same opportunity next season... 5 yards away from #6.
Originally posted by cashmahne:
I don't really care about our Super Bowl record being 5-1. I am still upset we just didn't win it all. Obviously the deeper into the playoffs you go a loss is harder to handle... but wins are that much sweeter. This team was 5 yards away from taking the lead. It was an incredible 2nd half to root for. I had a blast up until that last offensive drive was over.

Am I happy we lost the Super Bowl? No, not at all. But am I happy we won the NFC? You bet I am. To me a loss in the NFC Championship would of been a failure of a season. A win there and almost epic comeback in the Super Bowl proves Harbaugh made the right choice with Kaep and that we will be the team to beat in the NFL in 2013.

In sports, there are many ups and downs. Almost always there are more downs than ups... but the ups are so good... I'll take the downs. It was a very fun year that ended so close to a world championship. I can only hope we are in the same opportunity next season... 5 yards away from #6.
fixed
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Wow.

Really?

I want Free Agency to start today, the Draft to start tomorrow and the season to start the next day.

I can't wait to get this all started again. The best medicine for losing to the Giants last year was watching the Niners beat the Packers.
this. and im over the whole undefeated thing. maybe thats why they were so tight in the first half because of the added pressure of staying perfect. now that its over they can just play. we will have more trophies in our case soon, i dont care if we lost one if we already have 5 and will be adding more. i thought it would bug me a lot more than it does but im fine with it.
No loss can take my interest away from draft day
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Wow.

Really?

I want Free Agency to start today, the Draft to start tomorrow and the season to start the next day.

I can't wait to get this all started again. The best medicine for losing to the Giants last year was watching the Niners beat the Packers.

I want JH to stop ranting and throwing his headphones to the turf when play s are critical and the team is depending on him to make the right call. You know like when there are 3 plays left in the season and he's already ranting and throwing things, while the play calls are going through his headset and so distracted he can't say; GRO, I think passing plays with such a short field are asinine, maybe we should run Frank or option off to either Kap or Frank with misdirection? After all, it's only 5 f**king yards ya know?

Oh wait, he rants so much he doesn't call a time out at 1:49 to calm the team down and make sure, THE LAST play of the season is adman good one..

I can wait till the next season starts too..I don't know the team, for the most part, can get back to work too fast knowing, all they had to do was what they best, run or option to run, and instead call the worst plays of the game..If he HAS to pass there where is MAX protect, you know like to did with Flaccid while he torched our secondary..

Gezz. got calm down myself..but what w waste of a season and chance to win the big game..a waste..now we are LOSERS of a Superbowl instead of 6-0... BTW since I now see all these posts about oh I don't care about 6-0 and it's no big deal, well, you all must like losing. Do you think losing makes character? Give me a break..l Losing breed, losers..
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Feb 7, 2013 at 2:05 AM ]
Originally posted by cashmahne:

Am I happy we lost the Super Bowl? No, not at all. But am I happy we won the NFC? You bet I am. To me a loss in the NFC Championship would of been a failure of a season. A win there and almost epic comeback in the Super Bowl proves Harbaugh made the right choice with Kaep and that we will be the team to beat in the NFC in 2013.

You must not care, because you have no history with this team except for a few years..What a thing to say; christ almighty..