There are 352 users in the forums

Which hurt more? NFC Championship loss vs Giants or Super Bowl Loss?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which hurt more? NFC Championship loss vs Giants or Super Bowl Loss?

• tarl
Originally posted by OldJoe:
There are two different kinds of Super Bowl wins, tainted and pristine. And two types of tainted. Taint #1. Winning the SB in a shortened season. Redskins won one or two SB in shortened incomplete years. Tainted #2 losing the division and winning the SB. If you can't even say you are the best team in the division how on earth can you peddle your the best team in the league? The luckiest team in the league you can sell.

Heck, 49ers must be the unluckiest team in NFL because you keep losing NFCCGs and SuperBowl to the luckiest team. Just man up and admit you lost because the other team was better.
Originally posted by tarl:
Heck, 49ers must be the unluckiest team in NFL because you keep losing NFCCGs and SuperBowl to the luckiest team. Just man up and admit you lost because the other team was better.

That's obvious, isn't it? You guys really fell apart this year. Is there a master plan to be competitive next year, besides releasing all your performers? Usually teams just fire the coach.
If you had told me coming into 2011 that we would win a playoff game I would have taken it. I hadn't seen a playoff game since Mooch and Garcia. That season raised the bar. In 2012 it was Super Bowl or bust and we busted in spectacular fashion.

Fifty years from now during Super Bowl week they we still be showing replays of the final four offensive plays. And if I'm still around then I'll still be hoping someone the ending changes and they score. And that will never happen. Nothing beats losing in the Super Bowl for worst loss.
Originally posted by BayArea:
I am glad there is someone out there who can relate to our devastation. Well not exactly glad because I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. More like comforted. We could win the next 5 superbowls and I wouldn't be able to get over these last two seasons.

For the record the Giants have the luckiest team on the face of the planet. Divine intervention almost. Everything bounces their way when it's their time. I think every so years God steps in and delivers the Giants another superbowl.

Now it is Divine Intervention. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha............

You guys need to wake the heck up and face reality. NY Giants beat you because we are the better team. Always will be. It is a great thing that you are so defeated that you think it is an Act of God that is involved. Lol........

"Always will be." Like this year?
There are two different kinds of Super Bowl wins, tainted and pristine. And two types of tainted. Taint #1. Winning the SB in a shortened season. Redskins won one or two SB in shortened incomplete years. Tainted #2 losing the division and winning the SB. If you can't even say you are the best team in the division how on earth can you peddle your the best team in the league? The luckiest team in the league you can sell.

I would if the Ravens were better. They weren't.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:

we will never know it because the coaches did not allow ,, ahh forget it
Originally posted by cciowa:

we will never know it because the coaches did not allow ,, ahh forget it

maybe roman needed another set of downs inside the 10 to realize frank gore needed a touch or two

bitter much?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
maybe roman needed another set of downs inside the 10 to realize frank gore needed a touch or two

i love james but dixon should have been allowed to run the first time, maybe the second time then bring in a well rested gore to polish it off. god damn it all to f**king hell
Both hurt really bad.

The Giants game hurt because of the fumbles, and the fumble that wasn't called on the giants for forward progress in their own 20 yards that would have won us the game.

The Superbowl hurt because of our unbeaten record, getting down so much and then clawing our way back.

Both games hurt........but our future is bright. We found Kap! We only have 6 players over 30.......Soap, J. Smith, Jennings, Akers, Lee, Moss

We have 14 picks for this years draft..........GAME ON!!!!!!!! DL, and Shutdown Corner, A big TE, FS with ball skills......we will be back.

But it hurts because we had our chances.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
Both hurt really bad.

The Giants game hurt because of the fumbles, and the fumble that wasn't called on the giants for forward progress in their own 20 yards that would have won us the game.

The Superbowl hurt because of our unbeaten record, getting down so much and then clawing our way back.

Both games hurt........but our future is bright. We found Kap! We only have 6 players over 30.......Soap, J. Smith, Jennings, Akers, Lee, Moss

We have 14 picks for this years draft..........GAME ON!!!!!!!! DL, and Shutdown Corner, A big TE, FS with ball skills......we will be back.

But it hurts because we had our chances.
no,, we were never given a chance to win with what we do best,,,, in regards to moss, i have found out that he did not give any sort of effort at all so f**k him, he can join akers and ginn on the bus out of town
I think the Giants just because I can't stand them. We dug such a big hole in the Ravens game that it was somehow still awesome. We could haev won both games and ebing right there again makes me feel we aren't done.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Im thinking about re-watching the super bowl someday but it will probably piss me off again. I still have not ever re-watched the NFCG that one really hurt bad.
We lost the SUPERBOWL..... We no longer have the glory of being 5-0 in SUPERBOWLS............... Now we're 5-1..... This sucks even more
Originally posted by susweel:
Im thinking about re-watching the super bowl someday but it will probably piss me off again. I still have not ever re-watched the NFCG that one really hurt bad.

I don't plan to watch either until at least another couple of years have passed.
Share 49ersWebzone