There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which hurt more? NFC Championship loss vs Giants or Super Bowl Loss?

Which hurt more? NFC Championship loss vs Giants or Super Bowl Loss?

  • tarl
  • Member
  • Posts: 11
Originally posted by BayArea:
I am glad there is someone out there who can relate to our devastation. Well not exactly glad because I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. More like comforted. We could win the next 5 superbowls and I wouldn't be able to get over these last two seasons.

For the record the Giants have the luckiest team on the face of the planet. Divine intervention almost. Everything bounces their way when it's their time. I think every so years God steps in and delivers the Giants another superbowl.

Now it is Divine Intervention. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha............

You guys need to wake the heck up and face reality. NY Giants beat you because we are the better team. Always will be. It is a great thing that you are so defeated that you think it is an Act of God that is involved. Lol........
[ Edited by tarl on Feb 7, 2013 at 12:20 AM ]
There are two different kinds of Super Bowl wins, tainted and pristine. And two types of tainted. Taint #1. Winning the SB in a shortened season. Redskins won one or two SB in shortened incomplete years. Tainted #2 losing the division and winning the SB. If you can't even say you are the best team in the division how on earth can you peddle your the best team in the league? The luckiest team in the league you can sell.
probably the NFCCG loss. Because you still have to live through the superbowl, knowing the 9ers should've been there instead. Making it to the SB is something to be proud of. Losing in the NFCCG means your season was worthless.
Originally posted by tarl:
Originally posted by BayArea:
I am glad there is someone out there who can relate to our devastation. Well not exactly glad because I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. More like comforted. We could win the next 5 superbowls and I wouldn't be able to get over these last two seasons.

For the record the Giants have the luckiest team on the face of the planet. Divine intervention almost. Everything bounces their way when it's their time. I think every so years God steps in and delivers the Giants another superbowl.

Now it is Divine Intervention. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha............

You guys need to wake the heck up and face reality. NY Giants beat you because we are the better team. Always will be. It is a great thing that you are so defeated that you think it is an Act of God that is involved. Lol........

Sure seemed like that. Eli manning throws a hail mary bomb and David Tyree catches it on his helmet? That s**t was beyond miracle that was 1 in a million that he makes that catch. That insane catch to Mario Manningham in the second one. I am not saying I actually believe god intervened it's more that the Giants are the luckiest team ever and got away with some.

I wasn't saying it was anything like when they beat us. We gave you that game and you are a full blown retard if you can't acknowledge that.
Originally posted by tarl:
Now it is Divine Intervention. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha............

You guys need to wake the heck up and face reality. NY Giants beat you because we are the better team. Always will be. It is a great thing that you are so defeated that you think it is an Act of God that is involved. Lol........

Yes, yes, we know. Kyle Williams let that ball glance off his knee because the Giants were better. We get it. I know it was exciting for you watching your team in the playoffs this year - oh wait, the Giants didn't make the playoffs this year did they? Hmmm. And to think they are always the "better team." Just not fair is it. Now, have fun this off season watching your team try to keep itself in tact while starting off $5 million over the cap.
It was the eighth time the Niners have lost a conference championship, so I'll have to go with the Super Bowl. And, even though the Niners were in it until the end and a fumble away from winning, the Giants were a more well-rounded team at the time.
Originally posted by tarl:
You didn't give anything away. You lost NFCCG to NY Giants because NY Giants were the better team. You also lost earlier this year to us and it wasn't even a difficult victory for a NY Giants team that wasn't very good this year.

You guys should be happy about making it to SuperBowl and stop making excuses because Baltimore Ravens were the better team.

Kick rocks troll.
Originally posted by tarl:
NY Giants were the better team, thats why we won.

Baltimore Ravens were the better team and that is why they beat you in SuperBowl. The power outage, coupled with Ngata gettin hurt after play resumed saved you guys from being blown out

It is amazing how many times 49ers and Packers lose big games to teams and then claim that they are in fact the better team although they lost.

Just man up and admit that the better team won in both 2011 NFCCG and SuperBowl XLVII.

"Man up" doesn't mean I need to admit the winning team were the better one because often in football, the best team doesn't always win. Turnovers such as Kyle Williams giving you guys the football fits under that explaination.

Just be happy your Giants got lucky with an handout from Kyle which gave yall the opportunity to win the Super Bowl that season. Cherish it cuz I can guarantee ya it will never happen again for u guys.
The NFC Championship game hurt WAY worse. Here's why:

Against the Giants, we were up a touchdown late and blew it with the Kyle Williams fumble. Then in overtime, we lost on another fumble! It felt like we had the Super Bowl at our fingertips and pissed it away.

Against the Ravens, it was kind of the complete opposite. We started terribly, and then came up just short of mounting a historic comeback. At least in the Super Bowl we went down swinging and finished strong.
Originally posted by theduke85:
The NFC Championship game hurt WAY worse. Here's why:

Against the Giants, we were up a touchdown late and blew it with the Kyle Williams fumble. Then in overtime, we lost on another fumble! It felt like we had the Super Bowl at our fingertips and pissed it away.

Against the Ravens, it was kind of the complete opposite. We started terribly, and then came up just short of mounting a historic comeback. At least in the Super Bowl we went down swinging and finished strong.

I have to disagree with you. We been to the NFC championship and lost heart breakers before. With the talent we had this one is impossible to lose. With the Giants if we win that one we still have to beat the Patriots and there are no guarantees there. Against the Ravens this was it we win it and we gain access to the promise land. We still got two weeks and 60 minutes if we beat the Giants. Mind you with no wide receivers and Alex Smith as our QB. This was 100% worse because we already suffered that loss to the Giants and then came back in epic fashion to fight our way to the superbowl only to come 5 f**king yards short of the win? Nothing gets worse than that. Show me a more devastating loss in all of sports. Please I would love to see it because this one takes the cake.
Originally posted by BayArea:
I have to disagree with you. We been to the NFC championship and lost heart breakers before. With the talent we had this one is impossible to lose. With the Giants if we win that one we still have to beat the Patriots and there are no guarantees there. Against the Ravens this was it we win it and we gain access to the promise land. We still got two weeks and 60 minutes if we beat the Giants. Mind you with no wide receivers and Alex Smith as our QB. This was 100% worse because we already suffered that loss to the Giants and then came back in epic fashion to fight our way to the superbowl only to come 5 f**king yards short of the win? Nothing gets worse than that. Show me a more devastating loss in all of sports. Please I would love to see it because this one takes the cake.
Weird how it varies so much from person-to-person.

After the NFC Championship game last year, I was REALLY bummed for like 7-10 days. The Super Bowl really didn't phase me. I guess I was just so proud of the remarkable comeback and what nearly-was that I glossed over the fact that they did lose and found a lot of appreciation in them fighting back and making it such an entertaining game.
That's an interesting question. I think the Giants game hurt more because the D was playing in such an outstanding manner. The second half of the Giants game was probably the best I have seen any defense perform in terms of execution and sheer punishment. I have never seen a team hurt another team the way the 9er D punished the Giant O.

This years edition never seemed to have that domination on either side of the ball. They were good, yes, but not unimpeachable, impeccable, wholly capable. SOmething never fully gelled about this years team, so i really wasn't that surprised at the outcome. They could have won. They could have lost. Either way. They never really cinched it on either side of the ball. And they had been playing that way since November. So I didn't get a sense that the football gods were favorable to them.

Now -- this will date me -- I took most of the playoff losses in the 80's much much harder than the last two years. Back then, the 9ers really had the secret weapon, the WCO. In the 80's, it seemed to me that the 9ers could have won the Super Bowl just about every year. I was always hysterical when they didn't. that's just how it felt. It was insanity to get beat out in one game. It really showed that sometimes being an offensive Gandalf doesn't mean you are the best game manager. Walsh was too cereberal to be in the moment. It was gallling. Year after year....at least they got a few out of it.
  • tarl
  • Member
  • Posts: 11
Originally posted by BayArea:
Sure seemed like that. Eli manning throws a hail mary bomb and David Tyree catches it on his helmet? That s**t was beyond miracle that was 1 in a million that he makes that catch. That insane catch to Mario Manningham in the second one. I am not saying I actually believe god intervened it's more that the Giants are the luckiest team ever and got away with some.

I wasn't saying it was anything like when they beat us. We gave you that game and you are a full blown retard if you can't acknowledge that.

A miracle beyond one in a million? That insane catch to Mario Manningham? You must mean the perfect throw, the most perfect pass in SuperBowl history that MM caught. It impressed your FO so much they went out and snagged him. Too bad MM hurt his knee because that did hinder your offense.

Luckiest team and you gave us the game. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....................

You will be crying the same tune when Eli Manning leads us to another SuperBowl Victory in the near future.
[ Edited by tarl on Feb 7, 2013 at 10:26 PM ]
  • tarl
  • Member
  • Posts: 11
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
That's an interesting question. I think the Giants game hurt more because the D was playing in such an outstanding manner. The second half of the Giants game was probably the best I have seen any defense perform in terms of execution and sheer punishment. I have never seen a team hurt another team the way the 9er D punished the Giant O.

This years edition never seemed to have that domination on either side of the ball. They were good, yes, but not unimpeachable, impeccable, wholly capable. SOmething never fully gelled about this years team, so i really wasn't that surprised at the outcome. They could have won. They could have lost. Either way. They never really cinched it on either side of the ball. And they had been playing that way since November. So I didn't get a sense that the football gods were favorable to them.

Now -- this will date me -- I took most of the playoff losses in the 80's much much harder than the last two years. Back then, the 9ers really had the secret weapon, the WCO. In the 80's, it seemed to me that the 9ers could have won the Super Bowl just about every year. I was always hysterical when they didn't. that's just how it felt. It was insanity to get beat out in one game. It really showed that sometimes being an offensive Gandalf doesn't mean you are the best game manager. Walsh was too cereberal to be in the moment. It was gallling. Year after year....at least they got a few out of it.

However, no matter how many hits they laid on Eli Manning, they still couldn't phase him.
  • tarl
  • Member
  • Posts: 11
Originally posted by ninersoul:
"Man up" doesn't mean I need to admit the winning team were the better one because often in football, the best team doesn't always win. Turnovers such as Kyle Williams giving you guys the football fits under that explaination.

Just be happy your Giants got lucky with an handout from Kyle which gave yall the opportunity to win the Super Bowl that season. Cherish it cuz I can guarantee ya it will never happen again for u guys.

Yeah. Everyone knows that we were given that game and Brandon Jacobs gave us your game plan too for the game earlier this season, didn't he?

We beat you in NFCCG for the second time in your own house because we were the better team. Cry all you want and make all the excuses you want, it wont change a thing.