There are 178 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Sweet Payoff----(if the mods don't mind keep separate-long time member request)

We all put in so much time and emotion into this team for the sweet payoff.......the sweet payoff of winning a superbowl, it can only be the sweetest when you put your heart into it fully lot of us on this forum have done that for years.......but i'm not gonna lie, today hurts. I am trying not to think about it but it brings some tears to my eyes when I think about how close we were.

I feel for Frank Gore and Justin Smith. It hurts so much more because as we got down to the goal line I could sense the victory, it was going to happen we weren't going to be denied...

Our offensive line was BLASTING the ravens backwards we wanted it more, our run game was killing it.....I felt the elation of a sweet payoff entering my mind as we got down to the 7yd line and BOOM in a matter of 4 confusing plays at the goal line it was all over.

No, we didn't stay aggressive and let our O-Line continue to bully the ravens, instead we started backing up and pass protecting.It hurts....it hurts bad. The countless hours I've poured into this team hoping for the final sweet payoff of a superbowl victory, the special feeling that only true fandom can experience of winning...the feeling where you feel like you are part of the team, you feel like you won the championship born out of the countless hours of reading every beat writer article, watching every press conference video of every player/coach that is posted online....watching every game and then re-watching them during the week.

Those are the true fans, and for us the super bowl win will be that much sweeter, we have to suck it up today...as Jim would say SUCK IT UP and carry on, carry on to next year and do it all again w/ the hope of the sweet payoff

But today it hurts, i've been in tears 3-4x already when I allow my mind to focus and think about what just happened last night

(in full blown recovery mode....depression stage right now)
To all of that you posted...I feel the same...but I was there...and to see the play calling and then watch all the raven fans celebrate. Words can not explain

FK !!!!!!
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Ya, it hurts. I felt bad for a bit after the game then I played some game with my 5 year old and 2 year old daughters and it put things in perspective. Still hurts, but it is just a game at the end of the day.
Yeah, playing w/ my son helps...it just sux when you have some time to yourself and you let your mind wander back to what just happened
its does hurt and regarding your comment about the countless hours put in by a fan, i'm not sure i'm going to follow this offseason as closely as i have in years past. i know we're still good and all but i cant get excited about some FA signing or some draft pick. i wont even be excited if we start next season 11-0 or whatever. if you dont have a ring, you dont mean a thing. thats the way i've always looked at it
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
To all of that you posted...I feel the same...but I was there...and to see the play calling and then watch all the raven fans celebrate. Words can not explain

FK !!!!!!

Originally posted by crabman82:
its does hurt and regarding your comment about the countless hours put in by a fan, i'm not sure i'm going to follow this offseason as closely as i have in years past. i know we're still good and all but i cant get excited about some FA signing or some draft pick. i wont even be excited if we start next season 11-0 or whatever. if you dont have a ring, you dont mean a thing. thats the way i've always looked at it

Yup. I'd rather be like the Giants and win one every few years and take a few years off in between and not make the playoffs. Its better for us, physically.

All three playoff games took a toll on my liver and brain.

i know, i was thinking that today........but then we end up missing out on the sweetest payoff, any deviation from the dedication feels like you're cheating yourself when it finally happens.

the payoff will be THAT MUCH sweeter through these struggles, have to find a way to put in the time again
Originally posted by iLL49er:

i know, i was thinking that today........but then we end up missing out on the sweetest payoff, any deviation from the dedication feels like you're cheating yourself when it finally happens.

the payoff will be THAT MUCH sweeter through these struggles, have to find a way to put in the time again

Two years in a row...is already long enough
We're going in the direction of the Pats except without the Spygate stuff so it will be coming.

i told my wife i don't think i can put in that much time and emotion again...she said "yeah you're saying that now, you'll be back...its your addiction/escape"

she's prob right....just hurts too much after 2yrs in a row now
Yeah, just devastating. Cant seem to focus today. Been trying to keep myself busy, but it seems like everytime I think back to the game, Im just down and out.

The silver lining for me is that the Niners are a young team. In the 90s, each loss was depressing but was compounded by my realization that the dynasty was coming to an end with an aging Young / Rice. I felt like our window was closing fast, so it took a little bit more out of me.

This team is just starting its quest for greatness. It just sucks that we let this opportunity go bc in today's NFL you just dont know when and how you will make it again.

i told my wife i don't think i can put in that much time and emotion again...she said "yeah you're saying that now, you'll be back...its your addiction/escape"

she's prob right....just hurts too much after 2yrs in a row now

Yeah, told my girl that too today. Told her it's not worth the effort. Building up the entire year, and then getting deflated like this in a matter of hours. Last year wasnt so bad bc everything the team did was a pleasant surprise. Didnt even take the Giants loss that bad. But this year was supposed to be our year, and to miss out is just unbearable. I gotta stay off NFL Network for awhile.

Its just this damn webzone. How to refrain !!!!!
I'm in the same boat. Today has been rough. Had a hard time concentrating in class. Just have to find a way to move on, can't let it effect your everyday life.

We just have to keep believing in this team. We have an elite QB and one of the best Head Coaches in the business. That alone will ensure we will be a top contender for many years. I can't guarantee a return trip to the SB, but we will have multiple chances to get it done. I have a feeling in my gut that Harbaugh & Kaep will get us #6 sometime soon.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Feb 4, 2013 at 2:42 PM ]
Amazing how for most of us, the team will never know or care who we are, they do not pay our bills or have any obligation to us in a personal matter, yet we invest so much emotion and keep coming back for a beating with the slim hopes of relishing in the euphoric feeling of a championship