There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What is your biggest priority for improving the 2013 roster?

Originally posted by bigwads:

Great in run defense but an absolute nightmare in coverage. How does a one person route (Pita) get open with 5 defensive backs in the endzone? Answer: have the guy go into Whitner's zone.

Exactly. And he's partially responsible for the Jacoby Jones TD too.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by 951NINER:
Get Haralson back and relegate Aldon to just a 3rd down rusher again!

It's not even relegation. It's for his own good. Hes a pure pass rusher. Parys is a 2 down run stuffing pass covering LB who could switch out effectively with Aldon.
Hey Aldon you nearly had a 20 sack season, but take a demotion. I'm sure Fangio would love to explain that to him just to play an inferior player.

Aldon has not reached his ceiling as a three down LB. There is no way he's returning to be a situational pass rusher especially with how much offenses are throwing the ball now.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Hey Aldon you nearly had a 20 sack season, but take a demotion. I'm sure Fangio would love to explain that to him just to play an inferior player.

Aldon has not reached his ceiling as a three down LB. There is no way he's returning to be a situational pass rusher especially with how much offenses are throwing the ball now.

Your probably right but he's going to have to put in the effort to develop his game. He gets pushed off the run to easily. My point was he doesn't need to be on the field for 3 downs.
Originally posted by SFrush:

Your probably right but he's going to have to put in the effort to develop his game. He gets pushed off the run to easily. My point was he doesn't need to be on the field for 3 downs.

A rotation would be nice with Haralson spelling Smith and Brooks.

But Aldon needs to be out there. This is all new to him as an OLB so he needs time to adjust. I thought although he looked lost sometimes, he made some nice run stops. His physicality and presence on the field alone needs to be accounted for.

Trust me, defenses didn't prepare for Haralso as they do for Aldon.
VandenBosch just got released! 14.5 sacks last season, played every game! 2 year deal, 1.75 mil each year + incentives, a bargain! Jump on this!
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Originally posted by cciowa:
get rid of all four secondary guys
kick aldon smith in the f**king ass,, his injury was b******t, that was no reason for him to be behind every f**king play, he was a disaster area, the whole god damn defense, aside from willis and brooks, was a disaster area,,it would have been appropriate for the f**king red cross to come out and serve coffee and doughnuts during the game
draft at least two d line men including a pass rusher

This is dumb.

I do think Aldon would benefit from getting his head screwed on straight. His offseason was almost as exciting as his first 12 games. I question how much he was hurt or whether he just hit a wall. If it was the fact that they finally schemed to slow him down then it was Fangio's fault for not using him more creatively. But, I think he needs to dedicate himself this offseason and maybe party a little less.

If teams began adjusting for Aldon and Justin, then doesn't that mean the other side of the line should be doing something.
Cornerback !!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sold on Rogers returning to his 2011 form next year, Brown and Culliver are solid corners, Rogers seem to be on the downside of his career .....if we are to make ONE free agent signing or Trade , please let it be the best CB available ....Revis anyone??

We also need another pass rushing OLB, draft one to compete with Fleming and Cam Johnson , you can never have enough quality pass rushers

Cowboys replacement ...we NEED a disruptive 3-4 D-Lineman to sit and learn from Cowboy, and get a few snaps to spell Cowboy & Ray Mac to prepare him for the future
  • pd24
  • Veteran
We need to let Akers, Dixon, and Brock go. Get some young hungrey guys to fill the special teams void and get a Kicker who is good at FG's and can kick the ball out of the endzone every time.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Another legit WR opposite Crabs should be our #1 priority heading into next season.
Lol we have the best safety im the league and you think a ball hawking safety is our biggest priority?

We could use a deep threat at WR, upgrade at CB and DL.
Originally posted by thl408:
Agreed on all points. Rodgers, Ryan, and Flacco are all good QBs that will torch ANY secondary when given time. They all had time. Can the secondary be improved? Of course, but let's look at the root of the problem, the inadequate and inconsistent pass rush.

Facing arguably the weakest Superbowl offensive opponent in our history, we give up a record number of points.
Facing arguably the strongest Superbowl defensive opponent in our history, we spot them an insurmountable 22 then come inches from the greatest comeback in history.

I wouldn't draft an offensive player in our first 6 picks.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Cornerback !!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sold on Rogers returning to his 2011 form next year, Brown and Culliver are solid corners, Rogers seem to be on the downside of his career .....if we are to make ONE free agent signing or Trade , please let it be the best CB available ....Revis anyone??

We also need another pass rushing OLB, draft one to compete with Fleming and Cam Johnson , you can never have enough quality pass rushers

Cowboys replacement ...we NEED a disruptive 3-4 D-Lineman to sit and learn from Cowboy, and get a few snaps to spell Cowboy & Ray Mac to prepare him for the future

Draft Chase Thomas in the 3rd, CB in the 1st like Trufant, sign Seymour to a short term deal and draft a few D-Linemen and a NT. Spend the other 3rd round pick on that Safety Rambo and the 2nd round pick on that tall fast WR from Tenn.

Desmond Trufant Cover CB
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664486

Justin Hunter 6'4'' WR and he is fast
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737463/justin-hunter

Chase Thomas OLB
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1631925/chase-thomas

Bacarri Rambo FS: can cut Whitner and pair him with Goldson
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1632077/bacarri-rambo
+ a competent NFL caliber WR opposite Crabtree
I'd go into FA and get a solid CB (I like Sean Smith of Miami), and get a WR (either a "moneyball" guy ike Knox or Scheilings), or swing for the fence with Wallace. Next get a cheap K and NT (also drafting their competition/replacements). Then draft: A TE/FB/HBack (Ertz- Stanford), NT, C, CB, S, RDE, WR.
I think we go D line in the first 2 rounds. Need a bigger body in the middle to stop the run. and need another motor guy like Justin. Love him to death but is getting old and coming off an injury. These guys take time to develope so we draft them now to be ready when he retires in a year or 2.

Then a cb in either FA or with one of the 2 picks in the 2nd.

And then a TE to replace Walker with the 2nd pick in the 3rd. Walker started to play with more consistancy but will be asking for too much!

No way we take a wr in the first 3 rounds. Trent and Jim are not about to give up on AJ. They think they are smarter than everyone else and I don't see them admiting they missed on him last year. And maybe they are right and it will just take time for him to develope.