There are 98 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Your reasons for why we lost

Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
You would think by the logic of some of these posters they would rather have 2-14 seasons under Erickson and consistently not be in the playoffs and run the risk of losing a SB rather than an NFC Championship loss and Superbowl loss in consecutive years. Teams like the Browns, Raiders, Bucs, Cards, Seahawks, and Lions would kill for that. Put things in perspective people. We were the laughing stock for practically 10 years and now we are a powerhouse. I didn't see Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, other Manning, or Matt Ryan in this SB. I saw Colin Kaepernick giving it his all for us. I'm willing to bet this loss will humiliate and humble Kaep and make him work harder. Things were going great for Kaep and now he knows even he is not immune to a loss. Iron sharpens iron and we will be back next year. Count on it.
Awesome post!
Originally posted by NJNiner:
You would think by the logic of some of these posters they would rather have 2-14 seasons under Erickson and consistently not be in the playoffs and run the risk of losing a SB rather than an NFC Championship loss and Superbowl loss in consecutive years. Teams like the Browns, Raiders, Bucs, Cards, Seahawks, and Lions would kill for that. Put things in perspective people. We were the laughing stock for practically 10 years and now we are a powerhouse. I didn't see Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, other Manning, or Matt Ryan in this SB. I saw Colin Kaepernick giving it his all for us. I'm willing to bet this loss will humiliate and humble Kaep and make him work harder. Things were going great for Kaep and now he knows even he is not immune to a loss. Iron sharpens iron and we will be back next year. Count on it.
Awesome post!

its a great motivational post. kaep also went through 2 other losses, including a s**t kicking in seattle. he shouldnt need this as some sort of wake up call that he is not immune to losing. kaep being better next season will be awesome but again it doesnt gurantee another sb berth. he could be great and something else could falter. therefore i cannot count on anything.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Feb 5, 2013 at 10:52 AM ]
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Awesome post!

X2
Here is a replay on #4... This is so blatantly obvious, it just makes one think the ref that is standing right in front of them just pretty much ignored it completely. I mean look at his head rattle? Isn't the NFL about player safety and all that and that refs are supposed to err on the side of caution in these situations?!

[ Edited by iLLEST209ER on Feb 5, 2013 at 11:02 AM ]
~ 28 - 6 by the early 3rd quarted. Tough to dig out of that.

~ LMJ turnover was deadly. We were really driving good on that drive.

~ 1st and goal from the 7 and 4 downs that just make no sense....
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by Jcool:
1. Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira
In the melee, 29 is lucky he did not get flagged and easily could have been ejected. He shoved the Linesman.

2. Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira
On Jacoby Jones kick return there is no holding on a double team block unless the defender is taken to the ground. He wasn't.

3. Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira
Reed was not offisde on the try. He moved forward just as the ball was being snapped. Perfectly timed.

4. Didn't even see it happen. No idea.

5. Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira
Tough play that is real close both ways. Good job not calling anything.

Agree with Sims. There is a quick grab and a pushoff. Not one that is going to be called. Nothing obvious in real time

6. Either way the play is a safety, so better to hold player and waste more time.

Only one real questionable response from Pereira is #2 since when does holding only count if a player is taken to the ground? Is that some sort of kickoff/special teams rule? The others for the most part he is right. Doesn't matter anymore but its highly unlikely Ravens win another Super Bowl for a while.

Miller wasn't held. He was double teamed.

Um....

Frank Gore: 19 carries, 110 yards, 5.8 YARDS average and 1 TD.

Roman you suck!!!!!!
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Um....

wow not even close....

[ Edited by Hitman49 on Feb 5, 2013 at 11:19 AM ]
Roman was terrible. Lets face it guys. The entire team was a disgrace outside of Gore, Crabtree, Willis and Bowman. It was the freaking superbowl!! The god damned mother freaking superbowl and we come out flat and lay an egg on offense and more so on defense? Laser like focus my ass. The team was unprepared in more way than one and I'm still sick about it. This team has nobody but themselves to blame. Edited to add Kaep to the non disgrace list although he wasn't as good as thought he'd be in the biggest game of all time.
[ Edited by NinerG94 on Feb 5, 2013 at 11:16 AM ]
Originally posted by SealTeam6:

Roman you suck!!!!!!

And that's while we were playing from behind. Frank was ballin.

If there is one guy who I want with the ball in his hands in that situation, it's Frank. He is more deserving of a ring with this team than any other player we have.
[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on Feb 5, 2013 at 11:17 AM ]
Was it really Roman's fault we started out slow and played from behind the whole game? I don't think so... the players made mistakes and didn't execute. Penalties and turnovers don't fall on the OC.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by SealTeam6:

Roman you suck!!!!!!

And that's while we were playing from behind. Frank was ballin.

If there is one guy who I want with the ball in his hands in that situation, it's Frank. He is more deserving of a ring with this team than any other player we have.

yeah that is the annoying part.

He has been the go to guy for the last 8 years and in a prime position to hand it off, we decide to have him pass protect.

UNREAL. Has Roman had the balls to come onto the mic yet and explain this s**t?
1) turnovers
2) secondary running around like idiots
3) Akers' terrible line drive kickoff that allowed for jones to house it.
4) officials calling 2 penalties on Ravens when we could compile a list of missed calls
5) deciding to keep Frank Gore out of the last series and trying to throw to Crabtree three straight plays.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I know it sucks and we all love Kaep and feel not way he loses that game if just for Roman calling better plays... I would say go back and watch the final drive... really watch it. I am not saying Roman deserves no blame... But Kaep miss played the 2nd and 3rd down plays. If he executes better, the 49ers score on that drive.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
1) turnovers
2) secondary running around like idiots
3) Akers' terrible line drive kickoff that allowed for jones to house it.
4) officials calling 2 penalties on Ravens when we could compile a list of missed calls
5) deciding to keep Frank Gore out of the last series and trying to throw to Crabtree three straight plays.