There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Your reasons for why we lost

Didn't Roman/Harbaugh send in their normal two plays, where the QB is supposed to decide which one to run when he is at the line of scrimmage and can examine how the defense is lined up? Is that what Harbaugh was saying when he answered a question during the post-game interview: "We had other plays called." It has also recently been reported that Kap "audibled" when he saw the Ravens were stacked against the run. Right or wrong it may be that the decision to pass three times, rather than run, was Kap's.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by luis1985:
So when do we find out if Roman gets fired? (god I hope he does)
if the team had any brains we would have found out after the ten pm news last night

Originally posted by luis1985:
So when do we find out if Roman gets fired? (god I hope he does)

Right now.
He is not going to be fired.
Originally posted by cciowa:
if the team had any brains we would have found out after the ten pm news last night

Who would you hire and why?
Didn't you get on Harbaugh for making the QB switch as well?
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Feb 4, 2013 at 7:57 PM ]
GREG ROMAN
The coin toss. We kick off first they don't get the runback to start the second half
Better team lost no doubt which is upsetting, but that's what happens when you turn the ball over and allow run backs on special teams
kap should have made the play but didn't. I bet he uses this as a learning point and comes back even better next year.
It's pointless to engage in that type of second-guessing. It's really easy after the fact to look at game film and say this guy was open here or that guy was open there. But the Ravens were sending cover 0 blitzes in order to hurry the throws. The QB in that situation has to quickly get rid of the ball and doesn't have time to scan the field. I just thought the play calls were not the best to counter the cover 0 blitz.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
That rollout... oh my god... so bad

And a fade to Crabtree. I'm not sure if there could be a worse call.

The rollout wasn't too bad since it was away from the blitz and gave Kaep the choice to run or pass. It just didn't work like we designed it to.
And why are people solely blaming Roman? Harbaugh is equally culpable.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
It's pointless to engage in that type of second-guessing. It's really easy after the fact to look at game film and say this guy was open here or that guy was open there. But the Ravens were sending cover 0 blitzes in order to hurry the throws. The QB in that situation has to quickly get rid of the ball and doesn't have time to scan the field. I just thought the play calls were not the best to counter the cover 0 blitz.

this.
we can come up w 1025 excuses, but lost.

it was a great game, and we should b proud of our team.

great season.
I think the special team TD given up did them in. Coming back down 15 is one thing but 22 is tough but they almost did it. Also after the Rice fumble all the shots downfield. VD was open in the middle for a first but he wasn't targeted. I know Collin would like to have that one back as well as a couple others. All in all this team is tough as Nails and believes in themselves. The defense was exposed in the playoffs though. If not for Kaep we dont beat GB never the Less Atlanta. Go Niners!!

Edit: iPhone spelling!
[ Edited by ninerfan818 on Feb 4, 2013 at 8:46 PM ]
At approximately 3:25 PST a missing persons report was filed with the local police department for this man.

He is believed to have been kidnapped from his lucky spot, the local police would like you to do your part in helping them track down this woman

for questioning, it is believed she is involved in the kidnapping.

Maybe a reason, maybe not.