LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Welcome Raven Fans: A gentleman/woman's thread...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The Ravens held the most prolific Offense in the League in their OWN HOUSE to 13 points and shut them out in the 2nd Half.

That is a most formidable challenge... One which I suspect the Niners shall not survive.

It is what it is.
Originally posted by TheTruth52:
The Ravens held the most prolific Offense in the League in their OWN HOUSE to 13 points and shut them out in the 2nd Half.

That is a most formidable challenge... One which I suspect the Niners shall not survive.

It is what it is.

OMG you guys beat the Patriots...I wish we could beat them too
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

It is what it is.

you indeed have a very very good defense. however i think the three headed monster of ck, gore and james is a little to much for your defense. you really can not slow down all three, if you blitz we know ray lewis can not cover vernon davis one on one and if you let ck pass the ball, he will hit moss, crabtree , our two tight ends( i am throwing walker a bone here ) and gore out of the back field. you have a very nice defense but i think we are a bit more well balenced than the pats were. ray rice will give our run d a very stiff test there is no doubt about that. i still feel our corners are vulnerable and if we can not rush joe and if aldon smith continues in his role as the invisible man, than it could swing your way
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
OMG you guys beat the Patriots...I wish we could beat them too
Beat ?

The Ravens held Tom Brady to 1TD.... in New England.. that was Epic.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
I'll reiterate that Ravens aren't one of the teams I hate. Yet. Because Ray Lewis is pushing me that way. His act--and it is an ACT--is beyond nauseating. The whole "God wants us to win" meme and his stupid "dance" were bad enough, but then to see his dumb a**, contrived, fake-bawling during Natl Anthem last week just took it to a new level of deranged narcissism. Good grief, just think what this C-rate actor has planned for the cameras during the Anthem at the SB.

Ray Lewis has always been a very emotional player and I'm not going to judge if his emotions are fake or real in his last game of his career. I don't know how one can assume either way - nor does it really matter as far as the Niners are concerned.
he may be a leader but he can not cover our tight ends anymore
Originally posted by cciowa:
you indeed have a very very good defense. however i think the three headed monster of ck, gore and james is a little to much for your defense. you really can not slow down all three, if you blitz we know ray lewis can not cover vernon davis one on one and if you let ck pass the ball, he will hit moss, crabtree , our two tight ends( i am throwing walker a bone here ) and gore out of the back field. you have a very nice defense but i think we are a bit more well balenced than the pats were. ray rice will give our run d a very stiff test there is no doubt about that. i still feel our corners are vulnerable and if we can not rush joe and if aldon smith continues in his role as the invisible man, than it could swing your way

Um.. did I mention that the Patriots were the #1 Scoring Offense in the League. that would include the Niners..they hung 41 points the previous game on Houston (not a bad defense). Come on now.. somethings just have to be accepted.. the Niners will have a VERY difficult time scoring on the Ravens.
[ Edited by TheTruth52 on Jan 23, 2013 at 5:57 PM ]
Um.. did I mention that the Patriots were the #1 Scoring Offense in the League.. that would include the Niners. They provide a bit more of a challenge I believe.

Except New Englands defense is trash compared to the Niners

BTW the Niners are averaging 36.5 ppg in the Playoffs
[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Jan 23, 2013 at 5:58 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

Um.. did I mention that the Patriots were the #1 Scoring Offense in the League.. that would include the Niners. They provide a bit more of a challenge I believe.
i just think we run the ball a little bit better than the pats and i think we are much more physical. at any rate, two physical teams, two emotional coaches. two great tackling teams, this is what the super bowl is supposed to be about

And the Patriots were Averaging 41.. 35+ during the Regular season. Are you trying to imply that the Niners are a more prolific offense than the Patriots with Tom Brady IN New England ???

Come on now..
Question for Niners.. how good is your Pass Rush ? That will be a key...

And the Patriots were Averaging 41.. 35+ during the Regular season. Are you trying to imply that the Niners are a more prolific offense than the Patriots with Tom Brady IN New England ???

Come on now..

Did I say they were more prolific? No....They're playing better than NE is now though obviously

Not very good we only had one guy amass 19.5 sacks by himself

Come on now..

Well, our offense has been producing more in the playoffs, and lets not forget....We also outscored the Patriots in New England...I think our offense is playing as well or better than NE, and our offense is actually balanced. Add in our far superior defense, and your argument loses merit. Our offense will have more opportunities, and more time with the ball in general than the Patriots did. We will score more than 13 points. I would guess at least double that. I would be surprised if the Ravens put up more than 21
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
can we talk about something else?
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
Well, our offense has been producing more in the playoffs, and lets not forget....We also outscored the Patriots in New England...I think our offense is playing as well or better than NE, and our offense is actually balanced. Add in our far superior defense, and your argument loses merit. Our offense will have more opportunities, and more time with the ball in general than the Patriots did. We will score more than 13 points. I would guess at least double that. I would be surprised if the Ravens put up more than 21

They put up 38 against a higher ranked defense than yours.. on the road... I think the Ravens are capable..
[ Edited by TheTruth52 on Jan 23, 2013 at 7:19 PM ]
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:

They put up 38 against a higher ranked defense than yours.. on the road... I think the Ravens are capable..
Well that's because Champ Bailey thought he could handle Torrey Smith 1 on 1. I am not afraid of Torrey Smith. Boldin over the middle is scary though. Flacco has been playing lights out but if you look back a the regular season he's always off on his passes. He still needs to refine his touch and accuracy. Smith bailed him out a couple of times against Denver.

I think our D shines in this game -- they play to the level we've all been expecting and they dominate and win us the game. CK and the offense will just be icing on the cake.
Share 49ersWebzone