There are 145 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Raven Fans: A gentleman/woman's thread...

One thing about Flacco- he hasn't missed a snap in five years. And when you play the Steelers two, sometimes three times a season, that's saying something. QB's like Kaep worry me, as they run a higher risk of injury.
Originally posted by Crow-Magnon:
One thing about Flacco- he hasn't missed a snap in five years. And when you play the Steelers two, sometimes three times a season, that's saying something. QB's like Kaep worry me, as they run a higher risk of injury.

QBs like Kaep? Kaep is a big dude. There hasn't been many QBs as big and fast as him. Plus, the GB game was more of an aberration than the norm. He's a passing who runs if the D gives him space and may have a run or two called per game.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I have a lot of respect for the Ravens, more so than any other NFL team not named 49ers.

I feel this way too. I have a ton of respect for Ozzie. Really like John Harbaugh a lot. Dig Ray Rice. Am a Ngata fan.

The silver lining in facing the Ravens is if the Niners lose, at least they lose to a team I really respect and like.

My view too.
Originally posted by stillpans4gold:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
great thread

...if there were any Ravens fans in here.

... Maybe they think it's a trap


Watch out Batman. . . . .
Originally posted by i82much:
I guess it just kind of hit me that we're looking at a couple of big-arm, small-school quarterbacks. What do you guys think, is Kaep the future of the NFL QB or will traditional pocket passers like Flacco continue to be viable?

I think you'll see a gradual progression towards more QBs like Kaep, RG3, Cam and Wilson. Part of the reason why we're now seeing so many of these type QBs in the NFL is because it is what is being produced by the college farm system. I do think that at some point it will reach its peak and then things will be normal again.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by i82much:
I guess it just kind of hit me that we're looking at a couple of big-arm, small-school quarterbacks. What do you guys think, is Kaep the future of the NFL QB or will traditional pocket passers like Flacco continue to be viable?

I think you'll see a gradual progression towards more QBs like Kaep, RG3, Cam and Wilson. Part of the reason why we're now seeing so many of these type QBs in the NFL is because it is what is being produced by the college farm system. I do think that at some point it will reach its peak and then things will be normal again.

Yep, the NFL goes in waves. Just when the consensus was that you need a true pocket-passing elite QB to win, two defensive teams with balanced offensive attacks knock out all the top QBs. The Niners went through Rodgers and Ryan and the Ravens Manning and Brady. I do love that all these media darlings are sitting at home!
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by i82much:
I guess it just kind of hit me that we're looking at a couple of big-arm, small-school quarterbacks. What do you guys think, is Kaep the future of the NFL QB or will traditional pocket passers like Flacco continue to be viable?

I think you'll see a gradual progression towards more QBs like Kaep, RG3, Cam and Wilson. Part of the reason why we're now seeing so many of these type QBs in the NFL is because it is what is being produced by the college farm system. I do think that at some point it will reach its peak and then things will be normal again.

Yep, the NFL goes in waves. Just when the consensus was that you need a true pocket-passing elite QB to win, two defensive teams with balanced offensive attacks knock out all the top QBs. The Niners went through Rodgers and Ryan and the Ravens Manning and Brady. I do love that all these media darlings are sitting at home!

Aaron Rodgers will always be the desired prototypical QB. There's guys, Kaep and RG3 are simply freaks of that prototype which is why you won't see them often. The rarity isn't their athleticism. It is their brain to go with it.
It's pretty awesome that the starting QB's in the superbowl played college ball at Nevada and Delaware




whats wit this WHOLE LOVE thing going on here...............LETS GET IT CRACKN ALREADY


LETS GO NINERS




Hello all. I'm a die hard Ravens fan from Baltimore I was just checking out your guys forum to see your perspectives then i saw this thread and created an account. I'm gonna cherish these next two weeks for the rest of my life cause you never know when your team is going to be in the big show again. It's going to be a great game. I went to the AFC championship game but wish I could afford tickets and traveling expenses for the Super Bowl, just going to have to go downtown and watch it there.

Jim Harbaugh played qb when Ray Lewis was on the team. I'm pretty sure this is the first superbowl where the opposing Coach played for the other team with one of the other teams players. Pretty cool stuff to me. But just stopping by to wish you guys good luck and it's going to be one hell of a game and cherish these next two weeks because you never know how long it will be until the next one.
Originally posted by Pitta:
Hello all. I'm a die hard Ravens fan from Baltimore I was just checking out your guys forum to see your perspectives then i saw this thread and created an account. I'm gonna cherish these next two weeks for the rest of my life cause you never know when your team is going to be in the big show again. It's going to be a great game. I went to the AFC championship game but wish I could afford tickets and traveling expenses for the Super Bowl, just going to have to go downtown and watch it there.

Jim Harbaugh played qb when Ray Lewis was on the team. I'm pretty sure this is the first superbowl where the opposing Coach played for the other team with one of the other teams players. Pretty cool stuff to me. But just stopping by to wish you guys good luck and it's going to be one hell of a game and cherish these next two weeks because you never know how long it will be until the next one.
our next one is gonna be next year bro welcome to the zone
Originally posted by Pitta:
Hello all. I'm a die hard Ravens fan from Baltimore I was just checking out your guys forum to see your perspectives then i saw this thread and created an account. I'm gonna cherish these next two weeks for the rest of my life cause you never know when your team is going to be in the big show again. It's going to be a great game. I went to the AFC championship game but wish I could afford tickets and traveling expenses for the Super Bowl, just going to have to go downtown and watch it there.

Jim Harbaugh played qb when Ray Lewis was on the team. I'm pretty sure this is the first superbowl where the opposing Coach played for the other team with one of the other teams players. Pretty cool stuff to me. But just stopping by to wish you guys good luck and it's going to be one hell of a game and cherish these next two weeks because you never know how long it will be until the next one.




Beinvendios compadre!

Kudos to your boys for sicking sweet, sweet vengeance on New England. I can remember the same feeling in 1995 after we finally chumped Dallas. Nothing else quite like it.

Feel free to chirp in your analysis and don't be swayed by the occasional Seahawks fan stopping in to f**k our flow up. We actually like your particular species of bird in these parts.

What's the temperature on this game like in Ravenland? Feeling good? So/so? How does it compare to the mood in 2000?
This game is so even and, really, I don't have any hatred for this Ravens team as I have for every other team we've played in the playoffs. I bet a lot of you didn't know this (since we sucked back then), but we used to be referred to as "Ravens West" since we had so many players/coaches who came from your team. I think it shows in the style of teams we have.

We both have bruising O-lines and rely on the run with great defenses to back them up. The QBs are different but they're essentially asked to do the same things, only that Flacoo has a prettier deep ball and Kap is quicker.

Also, how comfortable are you guys knowing that our DC used to be your DC? Do you think that impacts the game? I think we're a better overall team but I wouldn't be surprised if you guys won. If you can run and stop the run against us you will more than likely beat us. Other than that, welcome to the 'zone!
Another fun fact. Ray Lewis first NFL career sack was on Jim Harbaugh.

I think most Baltimore fans are still in shock after the Denver game, and in complete shock that were in the superbowl. The road to the superbowl was just perfect beating the Colts (who most fans still hate ((Irsay)) then beating Peyton Manning which I can't remember the last time we've done that, then marching into Foxboro and beating Tom Brady at his own game. The only thing that would of made it better is if we destroyed the Steelers somewhere in there.

I think most fans from Baltimore are thinking were (Ravens) are going to win in a close, close game. We understand that we aren't catching you guys on a thursday night cross country game. This team is completely different than the 2000 one. We don't have as great of a defense like that team but we do have a 10x better offense. But they do compare as they were both underdog stories going into the playoffs and both seasons we had 3 game loosing streaks in those seasons, but this team is riding on more emotions though. I have a gut feeling that no matter what this might be one of the best games in NFL history.