LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 403 users in the forums

Welcome Raven Fans: A gentleman/woman's thread...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Crow-Magnon:
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
Welcome...the 49ers don't lose superbowls! 5-0

This must be a nice time for you guys. To bad you have to run into us!

I know why you feel that way, but seriously, this Niners team is not the Montana-Young-Rice-Lott teams of the 80's and early 90's. Not to say that San Francisco cannot win this SB, as they most certainly can. But it is nowhere near a given.
you know so many fans , especially in ninerland , are so love struck with the arm of ck because its something they have not seen for a long time. i am sure ravens fans are also in love with the arm of joe cuz it gives them another dimension however i feel this game will still boil down to the defense and the running game for each team. both of these teams run it well, both are physical, both tackle so very well. if both quarterbacks go out there and light it up fine,, but i think this will be a old school school yard king of the mountain game which would make vince lombardi very very proud

I don't know cciowa. We left quite a few plays on the field in our first matchup vs BAL...or Alex did. There is a different aura about our offense now. We are averaging 36.5 or so ppg in the playoffs (leading all playoff teams). THIS all while not losing our run-pass balance. We are also averaging a playoff leading 7.6 yards per play.

Now I understand we haven't exactly played the best defenses but we have played the best offenses on the other end and have out dueled both. BAL has quite a few holes on defense and "emotion" can only go so far.

Also, BAL has a +5 turnover ratio in the playoffs yet they only have a 30:15 TOP. We have 32:59 TOP and are +2 in the turnover margin.

The key to winning this game is to NOT turn the ball over to BAL. They have lived off that in these playoffs.
[ Edited by Joecool on Jan 23, 2013 at 9:37 AM ]
Fun fact: Joe's 74 yd pass (in the air) is the NFL Combine record for longest pass. Flacco was clocked at 58 mph. That's the speed it left his hand at. By the time it was caught on an out pattern, it was at 53 mph.

Kaepernick's best throw registered 59 miles per hour to lead the field of 16 quarterbacks that opted to participate. (Missouri's Blaine Gabbert refused. Alabama's Greg McElroy was injured). I couldn't find anything that said specifically how far he threw it...but physics being the same...air having the same resistance..football having the same size and weight...it should be safe to assume that Colin can throw it a little further. Not so much that it would make a difference though.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
I don't know cciowa. We left quite a few plays on the field in our first matchup vs BAL...or Alex did. There is a different aura about our offense now. We are averaging 36.5 or so ppg in the playoffs (leading all playoff teams). THIS all while not losing our run-pass balance. We are also averaging a playoff leading 7.6 yards per play.

Now I understand we haven't exactly played the best defenses but we have played the best offenses on the other end and have out dueled both. BAL has quite a few holes on defense and "emotion" can only go so far.

Also, BAL has a +5 turnover ratio in the playoffs yet they only have a 30:15 TOP. We have 32:59 TOP and are +2 in the turnover margin.

The key to winning this game is to NOT turn the ball over to BAL. They have lived off that in these playoffs.
yes yes, i understand, please do not misunderstand me. I know we are better and diffferent with ck at the helm. and you are right, we can not turn it over and the ravens saw what occured when atlanta turned it over to us. i was just trying to say this game between these two teams coached by these coaches is football the way it is supposed to be played. I love ck, i like the pistol and all those exotic things but there is alot of old school love inside of me for old school football,,, with a few tweaks to it

yes yes, i understand, please do not misunderstand me. I know we are better and diffferent with ck at the helm. and you are right, we can not turn it over and the ravens saw what occured when atlanta turned it over to us. i was just trying to say this game between these two teams coached by these coaches is football the way it is supposed to be played. I love ck, i like the pistol and all those exotic things but there is alot of old school love inside of me for old school football,,, with a few tweaks to it

100% agree. And to think we did not score any points off the turnovers in the ATL game. This game will require a s**t load of focus in the ball security department but we cannot deviate from our aggressiveness either. The difference in the 2011 matchup was that Flacco did not throw an INT and we did. That and the Ginn TD called back.

OOOOOOhhhhh we left soooo much on the field that game. Now consider we only had 3 days to prepare. I just don't think BAL can matchup well against us.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

100% agree. And to think we did not score any points off the turnovers in the ATL game. This game will require a s**t load of focus in the ball security department but we cannot deviate from our aggressiveness either. The difference in the 2011 matchup was that Flacco did not throw an INT and we did. That and the Ginn TD called back.

OOOOOOhhhhh we left soooo much on the field that game. Now consider we only had 3 days to prepare. I just don't think BAL can matchup well against us.
i refuse to think the defensive pressure they will bring in ten days will be the same as it was on that thanksgving night. if i recall that game set off the debate of alex being responsible for the sacks. Now i have come to see that ck does a much much better job of avoiding sacks but i still maintain no quarterback could have done anything that night vs that pass rush. they have a fine fine defense but i still think i this years defense is not that defense nor the defense they had when they won their first super bowl game. thank you for the ginn memory . that was on the first or second play of the game correct?

i refuse to think the defensive pressure they will bring in ten days will be the same as it was on that thanksgving night. if i recall that game set off the debate of alex being responsible for the sacks. Now i have come to see that ck does a much much better job of avoiding sacks but i still maintain no quarterback could have done anything that night vs that pass rush. they have a fine fine defense but i still think i this years defense is not that defense nor the defense they had when they won their first super bowl game. thank you for the ginn memory . that was on the first or second play of the game correct?

I'm not sure which play that was but recreating 9 freaking sacks will be difficult. 9 SACKS folks! If they can recreate that, then all power to them and they deserve to win. But if they can't, they better not be in man coverage.

I have a feeling they may go to a bend don't break and hope to jump a pass or hope Kaep makes a mistake. Kaep MUST be focused. I have a feeling they will put this game on him to win.
I don't think the first meeting between these teams is relevant at all for the following reasons:

- This is a different Niners team, especially on the offensive line and at quarterback.
- You can't prepare for multiple blitzes with three days of practice and a cross-country trip; result: lots of sacks for the Ravens. The Niners now have two weeks to prepare with an O-line that is much stronger and cohesive and a QB who takes a lot fewer sacks. Kaepernick has the highest QBR in the league against the blitz.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I'm not sure which play that was but recreating 9 freaking sacks will be difficult. 9 SACKS folks! If they can recreate that, then all power to them and they deserve to win. But if they can't, they better not be in man coverage.

I have a feeling they may go to a bend don't break and hope to jump a pass or hope Kaep makes a mistake. Kaep MUST be focused. I have a feeling they will put this game on him to win.

people get sick of me( big shock) saying this,, but i still think the three headed monster of gore, james and ck is to much for any defense to contain and that will then open up the pass to crabs and vernon. at least that is what i think you are spot on joe. if they go 1975 forty niner cedrick hardman, tommy hart gold rush and get 9 sacks,, i will throw up my hands and worship at the feet of ray lewis
The reason Vernon Davis did so well against the Falcons is that they blitzed an awful lot. Almost every time they blitzed, Davis had an opportunity to get real open. Linebackers simply cannot cover Vernon Davis.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I don't think the first meeting between these teams is relevant at all for the following reasons:

- This is a different Niners team, especially on the offensive line and at quarterback.
- You can't prepare for multiple blitzes with three days of practice and a cross-country trip; result: lots of sacks for the Ravens. The Niners now have two weeks to prepare with an O-line that is much stronger and cohesive and a QB who takes a lot fewer sacks. Kaepernick has the highest QBR in the league against the blitz.
you are right but of course espn does not care,, that is all they are showing for gods sake

• cciowa
  • Veteran
The reason Vernon Davis did so well against the Falcons is that they blitzed an awful lot. Almost every time they blitzed, Davis had an opportunity to get real open. Linebackers simply cannot cover Vernon Davis.
you are a very smart person,, last week when i was ranting about why vernon is invisible you told me that when teams start to blitz us, vernon will get open and make plays... well as i said,, you are very smart
people get sick of me( big shock) saying this,, but i still think the three headed monster of gore, james and ck is to much for any defense to contain and that will then open up the pass to crabs and vernon. at least that is what i think you are spot on joe. if they go 1975 forty niner cedrick hardman, tommy hart gold rush and get 9 sacks,, i will throw up my hands and worship at the feet of ray lewis

Yes, I will too, but that's not going to happen. Nine sacks is the result of no chance at solid preparation. And, let's not forget that the Niner line doesn't include Chilo Rachal anymore. As much as some people like to dismiss it, the Niners version of the Pistol, adding a lead blocker, has yet to be effectively stopped. They hadn't really implemented it the way we see it now the last time they played the Seahawks. We've seen two teams take the opposite approach to stopping it and neither approach worked. It's just simple arithmetic and the arithmetic works because Kaepernick is also a real good passer. So, until someone, anyone, effectively figures out how to stop that set the way the Niners run it, I'm not going to believe it can be stopped.
you are a very smart person,, last week when i was ranting about why vernon is invisible you told me that when teams start to blitz us, vernon will get open and make plays... well as i said,, you are very smart

Thank you. That's very nice of you to say, but I'm pretty sure I didn't come up with that myself. I must have heard it somewhere.
I feel bad for Atlanta and I like the Ravens

How come we couldn't play teams I hate like the patriots and seahawks?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Yes, I will too, but that's not going to happen. Nine sacks is the result of no chance at solid preparation. And, let's not forget that the Niner line doesn't include Chilo Rachal anymore. As much as some people like to dismiss it, the Niners version of the Pistol, adding a lead blocker, has yet to be effectively stopped. They hadn't really implemented it the way we see it now the last time they played the Seahawks. We've seen two teams take the opposite approach to stopping it and neither approach worked. It's just simple arithmetic and the arithmetic works because Kaepernick is also a real good passer. So, until someone, anyone, effectively figures out how to stop that set the way the Niners run it, I'm not going to believe it can be stopped.
good god,, chilo the revolving turnstile to the quarterback. thank you for that memory i think ck does such a good good job in making a decision to either run or give it to gore. the packer and falcon defenders looked very foolish. i guess it can be done but how in the world can you simulate in practice the decision making that ck does?
Share 49ersWebzone