LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 211 users in the forums

Welcome Raven Fans: A gentleman/woman's thread...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheTruth52:
Originally posted by cciowa:
you indeed have a very very good defense. however i think the three headed monster of ck, gore and james is a little to much for your defense. you really can not slow down all three, if you blitz we know ray lewis can not cover vernon davis one on one and if you let ck pass the ball, he will hit moss, crabtree , our two tight ends( i am throwing walker a bone here ) and gore out of the back field. you have a very nice defense but i think we are a bit more well balenced than the pats were. ray rice will give our run d a very stiff test there is no doubt about that. i still feel our corners are vulnerable and if we can not rush joe and if aldon smith continues in his role as the invisible man, than it could swing your way

Um.. did I mention that the Patriots were the #1 Scoring Offense in the League. that would include the Niners..they hung 41 points the previous game on Houston (not a bad defense). Come on now.. somethings just have to be accepted.. the Niners will have a VERY difficult time scoring on the Ravens.

1 dimensional passing team= destroyed by Ravens D. Teams that can run = trouble for Ravens D (Didn't the chiefs drop over 200 yards rushing on the Ravens?). I predict a very good game.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by blm7754:
You should be. I've always liked the Ravens, and Ray Lewis used to be one of my favorite players. But now I think he's just lost his mind. He's just coming across as an attention addict that is secretly in love with Tebow. And it reflects badly on the entire team.

Ravens would be better off without the Ray Lewis distraction.

I'll reiterate that Ravens aren't one of the teams I hate. Yet. Because Ray Lewis is pushing me that way. His act--and it is an ACT--is beyond nauseating. The whole "God wants us to win" meme and his stupid "dance" were bad enough, but then to see his dumb a**, contrived, fake-bawling during Natl Anthem last week just took it to a new level of deranged narcissism. Good grief, just think what this C-rate actor has planned for the cameras during the Anthem at the SB.

Couldn't agree more. I have nothing against the Ravens - and as a matter of fact, I teach at the High School in Florida that Ravens DT Terrence Cody graduated from. (Actually coached him in basketball, really great guy...but I digress).

The whole Ray Lewis thing is a farce. Wouldn't it be great if he just grew wings and flew away immediately after the game...you know since God is so invested in the GAME of football and all.

And on a side note, I wonder if he will be in front of cameras talking about "God's Will" if they lose. I would truthfully respect him much more if he was, I just highly doubt it.
Waging war requires total commitment of the heart; emotions erode the destiny of the 9er dynasty. Welcoming comments,creaming with comical characters, forfeit the purposed power of the fight. Requring ravens' blood to win, warrants no smile or sickening salutations. This is war.

Say good bye to your Maker, Ray Ray; Ravens' Blood will flood the streets. You are not my friend; this is war; February 3, 2013, your soul is required.
too much???
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Wonder if Raven fans are getting tired of Ray Lewis and his drama like the rest of football fans are?
Just a bit Almond....just a bit.
Originally posted by Crow-Magnon:
Niners99, great post.

I realize the 49ers offense is rather unique and has the possibility of being a source of confusion for the Ravens defense. But I would think with two weeks time for veterans such as Lewis, Reed, Suggs and Ngata, let alone Harbaugh, that they will come up with schemes to handle Kaep and the read-option. I think a key will be how do the Niners start out? If it's close through the first half, it's one thing. But if they fall behind like they did against the Falcons, I do not think Baltimore is going to give up 2-3 scores while their offense gets blanked.

Here's the thing, the reason why teams like the Ravens and NYG and SEA give us problems isn't because they are hard hitting tough teams. It's because they are good and have very good defenses and are balanced teams.

I'm not sure if you are but the one HUGE factor Ravens fans should be concerned about is the feeling that "we are on an emotional high because of Ray Lewis" factor. I have a feeling that one reason is the main reason Ravens fans feel they have the edge on the 49ers.

The NYG didn't have our number because they were on an "emotional high" last year. They had our number because they have a DAMN good defensive line and a great QB. My point is, at the end of the day, there are two weeks to prepare and winning one for the gipper is not what's going to get it done. It's these reasons why one team will win:

1. Which team has the better fronts and how do the coaches prepare each of those fronts
  2. Which QB's play to force a reaction rather than the QB reacting
  3. Which team makes the fewest mistakes
  4. Which team gets the lucky bounce

We can say all we want about running the ball but running the ball is not what will score the points. Running the ball will mostly provide control, poise and pace...but it will not be the deciding factor.

So, ask yourself, which team has the better DL? Which team has the better pass rush? Which team has the better LBs? Which team has the better OL?

BAL main chance is to throw up a few deep ones and hope a couple land. This combined with getting some turnovers.
[ Edited by Joecool on Jan 24, 2013 at 12:38 PM ]
Originally posted by Crow-Magnon:
Niners99, great post.

I realize the 49ers offense is rather unique and has the possibility of being a source of confusion for the Ravens defense. But I would think with two weeks time for veterans such as Lewis, Reed, Suggs and Ngata, let alone Harbaugh, that they will come up with schemes to handle Kaep and the read-option. I think a key will be how do the Niners start out? If it's close through the first half, it's one thing. But if they fall behind like they did against the Falcons, I do not think Baltimore is going to give up 2-3 scores while their offense gets blanked.

Im not sure 2 weeks is near enough time though. This style of offense seems to be innovating the NFL, and it will probably take at least an offseason or more to develop a good counter. It took like 15-20 years for the counter to the West Coast offense to be developed (Cover 2/Tampa 2).

The problem is, you can only take away parts of Kaepernicks game. ATL took away his read option ability, but in turn left the middle of the field open, and he shredded their D with a bunch of wide open pass plays. Thats how we moved the ball so easily. If you try and take away the pass by playing man coverage, even with pressure, Kap will just take off like he did against GB. The Packers tried to play man, and he just waited for the coverage to be busy stopping the pass, and he had wide open spaces to run.

Even a QB spy isnt really a good solution, because hes faster than any LB. You'd have to spy him with a S, and then hes bigger than the defender. Either way there arent many spy options who have the size and speed to effectively contain him. He burned Charles Woodson badly in the Divisional round on that TD run.

And after all that, we still havent mentioned Frank Gore or LaMichael James. Its so difficult to stop an offense than can either run up the middle with a pro bowl RB, or have the QB take off running to the outside with blazing speed. Especially since Kap decides what will happen at the moment he hands the ball off, so theres no way to know whats coming. He will do whatever he sees works best against the defense on that play.

Plus theres the element of having a strong, accurate arm. as a 3rd thing to worry about.

A big part of why we fell behind 17-0 in the ATL game had to do with being on the road. It was loud and hostile. We got overwhelmed by one of the best passing attacks in the NFL. Flacco/Boldin/Smith/Pitta are a nice group of guys, but Ryan/White/Jones/Gonzalez is just on another level.

On a neutral field against a less dangerous group of pass catchers, I think our D has a better game this time around. We contained Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan, so we know we can hold our own against any QB.

Like I said, the biggest issue for the Ravens is, are they going to be prepared enough to stop the 49ers offense with just 2 weeks to prep. We run so many packages, have so many audibles, and have so many options on any given play with Kaepernick, it will be really hard to zero in on us.

All that being said, I dont view this game as a probable win. I think the Ravens are on fire, and playing with alot of emotion. Im just hoping 5 weeks into it has them a little drained. I think the 2 weeks off benefits SF more, because of Justin Smith needing recovery time, and a little down time may cool off the blazing hot team were facing.

I also do think the dome thing matters a little. If you include Seattle's dome like atmosphere (noise and turf wise), this will be the 49ers 7th dome game of the season. We also already won at the Superdome this year in Kaepernicks 1st career road start. The Ravens are more of a cold weather, grass surface team. Our team speed and youth should have a little edge on the turf, especially without an opposing hostile crowd.

We will see. I would wish you guys good luck, but i wouldnt have meant it. I hope the ball bounces in our favor every single time.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jan 24, 2013 at 1:25 PM ]
Welcome Ravens fans. I hope for a good clean hard hitting game with no injuries. Oh yeah and 49er win. GO NINERS!!
Originally posted by almondJoy:
Waging war requires total commitment of the heart; emotions erode the destiny of the 9er dynasty. Welcoming comments,creaming with comical characters, forfeit the purposed power of the fight. Requring ravens' blood to win, warrants no smile or sickening salutations. This is war.

Say good bye to your Maker, Ray Ray; Ravens' Blood will flood the streets. You are not my friend; this is war; February 3, 2013, your soul is required.
too much???

This is freakin' awesome.
Share 49ersWebzone