LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 240 users in the forums

Justin Smith "might not" retire after this season? What the balls?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I didn't know he was even considering it!

In the immortal words of the beastie boys WHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Garce
  • Veteran
he's 33 and has played nearly every snap of his NFL career.
We f**king wasted 4 prime seasons of Justin :(
yeah WTF is this? that was a small ass article and I'm not sure how accurate it is. Haven't heard any talk of this until now??? He still has a couple years left on his contract, I'm baffled WTF MAN.
just found another longer article on it than the one post on the zone's front page:

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_22416320/san-francisco-49ers-defensive-tackle-justin-smith-not

"We'll see," defensive tackle Justin Smith said after the 49ers captured the NFC championship. "But I don't think so."

I bet he was asked this question and never brought it up, the I don't think so makes me feel better
I call BS. He's stated in interviews that he's got a good 3 or so years left.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jan 21, 2013 at 11:06 PM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
this is a non story.
Originally posted by matt49er:
just found another longer article on it than the one post on the zone's front page:

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_22416320/san-francisco-49ers-defensive-tackle-justin-smith-not

"We'll see," defensive tackle Justin Smith said after the 49ers captured the NFC championship. "But I don't think so."

I bet he was asked this question and never brought it up, the I don't think so makes me feel better

Maybe he wants some ray lewis type attention haha.
Cowboy wouldn't be a drama queen like muderin ray Lewis anyways. He'd just hang em up like the man he is
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I call BS. He's stated in interviews that he's got a good 3 or so years left.

was just about to say that, I agree, won't lie I got all worried REAL FAST and kind of freaked out. He has some time left in him, only 33 and I'd bet my next paycheck that a reporter walked right up to him and said "Hey if you guys win are u going to retire?" and he went "we'll see but I don't think so"

Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for LieutKaffee.
That caught me off guard as well. I'm sure the front office has been planning for his replacement. I expect to see a heavy D-line emphasis in this offseason.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
That caught me off guard as well. I'm sure the front office has been planning for his replacement. I expect to see a heavy D-line emphasis in this offseason.

I do also, thinking more rationally about it, Justin is the type of guy to let the organization know so they can plan for life w/o out. He has years left on his contract and I don't see him just walking away out of nowhere
He has three years left, maybe two quality ones, and in his final year he'll be coaching up his draft replacement most likely.
Hes going to get a taste of what its like to win a SB, that should carry him over for another 3 seasons.
This explains why so many of our players ran straight to him after we won against atlanta
Share 49ersWebzone