There are 680 users in the forums
Justin Smith "might not" retire after this season? What the balls?
Jan 21, 2013 at 10:50 PM
- DeepNinerValue
- Veteran
- Posts: 60,618
he's 33 and has played nearly every snap of his NFL career.
Jan 21, 2013 at 10:52 PM
- frenchmov
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,172
We f**king wasted 4 prime seasons of Justin :(
Jan 21, 2013 at 11:03 PM
- matt49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,659
yeah WTF is this? that was a small ass article and I'm not sure how accurate it is. Haven't heard any talk of this until now??? He still has a couple years left on his contract, I'm baffled WTF MAN.
Jan 21, 2013 at 11:05 PM
- matt49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,659
just found another longer article on it than the one post on the zone's front page:
http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_22416320/san-francisco-49ers-defensive-tackle-justin-smith-not
"We'll see," defensive tackle Justin Smith said after the 49ers captured the NFC championship. "But I don't think so."
I bet he was asked this question and never brought it up, the I don't think so makes me feel better
http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_22416320/san-francisco-49ers-defensive-tackle-justin-smith-not
"We'll see," defensive tackle Justin Smith said after the 49ers captured the NFC championship. "But I don't think so."
I bet he was asked this question and never brought it up, the I don't think so makes me feel better
Jan 21, 2013 at 11:06 PM
- SofaKing
- Veteran
- Posts: 27,442
I call BS. He's stated in interviews that he's got a good 3 or so years left.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jan 21, 2013 at 11:06 PM ]
Jan 21, 2013 at 11:06 PM
- DeepNinerValue
- Veteran
- Posts: 60,618
this is a non story.
Jan 21, 2013 at 11:07 PM
- Young2Rice
- Veteran
- Posts: 71,772
Originally posted by matt49er:just found another longer article on it than the one post on the zone's front page:
http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_22416320/san-francisco-49ers-defensive-tackle-justin-smith-not
"We'll see," defensive tackle Justin Smith said after the 49ers captured the NFC championship. "But I don't think so."
I bet he was asked this question and never brought it up, the I don't think so makes me feel better
Maybe he wants some ray lewis type attention haha.
Jan 21, 2013 at 11:08 PM
- frenchmov
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,172
Cowboy wouldn't be a drama queen like muderin ray Lewis anyways. He'd just hang em up like the man he is
Jan 21, 2013 at 11:10 PM
- matt49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,659
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I call BS. He's stated in interviews that he's got a good 3 or so years left.
was just about to say that, I agree, won't lie I got all worried REAL FAST and kind of freaked out. He has some time left in him, only 33 and I'd bet my next paycheck that a reporter walked right up to him and said "Hey if you guys win are u going to retire?" and he went "we'll see but I don't think so"
Jan 21, 2013 at 11:11 PM
- LieutKaffee
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,988
Member Milestone:
This is post number 900 for LieutKaffee.
That caught me off guard as well. I'm sure the front office has been planning for his replacement. I expect to see a heavy D-line emphasis in this offseason.
Jan 21, 2013 at 11:13 PM
- matt49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,659
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
That caught me off guard as well. I'm sure the front office has been planning for his replacement. I expect to see a heavy D-line emphasis in this offseason.
I do also, thinking more rationally about it, Justin is the type of guy to let the organization know so they can plan for life w/o out. He has years left on his contract and I don't see him just walking away out of nowhere
Jan 21, 2013 at 11:38 PM
- SnakePlissken
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,028
He has three years left, maybe two quality ones, and in his final year he'll be coaching up his draft replacement most likely.
Jan 21, 2013 at 11:44 PM
- ace49ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,427
Hes going to get a taste of what its like to win a SB, that should carry him over for another 3 seasons.
Jan 21, 2013 at 11:47 PM
- tankle104
- Veteran
- Posts: 26,578
This explains why so many of our players ran straight to him after we won against atlanta