There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which Baltimore player on defense do you fear?

Which Baltimore player on defense do you fear?

Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
I'm gonna be different and say RB Rice. If we don't stop the run and make the Ravens one-dimensional (like GB and ATL), we're in for a long day. Unlike our two playoff opponents, BAL has a balanced offense...and if Rice were effective he would in turn be keeping the Niners offense off the field and the Ravens D fresh.

That is different, given the question was about defensive players.

I was hoping someone would catch that...I just want attention.

But if you expanded your point and noted that if Rice were effective he would in turn be keeping the Niners offense off the field and the Ravens D fresh. I think that would have been an acceptable answer.

Original answer fixed, thanks for suggestion.
I watched the Thanksgiving game last year and I know we don't want to open up a can of worms here but the major issue in that game was our QB (A. Smith). Started out by missing a wide open D. Walker that should have gone for a TD (this just shows that he was rattled by their defense. Then he just seemed to give up in the pocket, actually heard him say that he was seeing too much color. I walked away from that game thinking that the o-line was the issue.

Flash forward to today; Kaep is not holding on to the ball in the pocket, he is either getting it out quick or taking off. I don't think the Ravens defense will intimidate Kaep like they did Alex. The Ravens turned Alex into a check down, or hold on to the ball and take a sack QB and even then they only beat us by ten.

In Alex defense, he threw a nice ball to Ginn, Penalty on the play killed us. Also the interception by Brown was negated by penalty (would have given us the momentum).

Finally, to answer your question it is the front that scares me. So I guess that would be Ngata.
Originally posted by Psinex:

At first I thought Pollard led with his helmet, but in slow motion it was the running backs fault for lowering his head.
NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The zone has this one right so far. Its Ngata hands down. There isn't another one in the league aside from Wilfork. That alone makes him the clear cut most feared guy on that defense. Reed when 100% healthy is another gem but I think he's still playing hurt as is Suggs. There are other great safeties in the league and certainly other feared pass rushers but there is only one Ngata and that guy can single handedly stuff the run and collapse pockets like nobody else aside from Wilfork. If he's taking care of business in the middle it makes everyone else on the defense more deadly. Great defense all around and its going to be quite a clash of the titans next Sunday! Cant wait! We have a couple monsters on our defense too so bring it!! GO NINERS!!
Originally posted by NinerG94:
The zone has this one right so far. Its Ngata hands down. There isn't another one in the league aside from Wilfork. That alone makes him the clear cut most feared guy on that defense. Reed when 100% healthy is another gem but I think he's still playing hurt as is Suggs. There are other great safeties in the league and certainly other feared pass rushers but there is only one Ngata and that guy can single handedly stuff the run and collapse pockets like nobody else aside from Wilfork. If he's taking care of business in the middle it makes everyone else on the defense more deadly. Great defense all around and its going to be quite a clash of the titans next Sunday! Cant wait! We have a couple monsters on our defense too so bring it!! GO NINERS!!

How does he compare to BJ Raji? The one thing about the Pistol and Read Option is that it pretty much cancels out the NT. Wonder if they will have Ngata change to one gap whenever we get into that formation and crash the gap to whichever side the FB is on.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I watched the Thanksgiving game last year and I know we don't want to open up a can of worms here but the major issue in that game was our QB (A. Smith). Started out by missing a wide open D. Walker that should have gone for a TD (this just shows that he was rattled by their defense. Then he just seemed to give up in the pocket, actually heard him say that he was seeing too much color. I walked away from that game thinking that the o-line was the issue.

Flash forward to today; Kaep is not holding on to the ball in the pocket, he is either getting it out quick or taking off. I don't think the Ravens defense will intimidate Kaep like they did Alex. The Ravens turned Alex into a check down, or hold on to the ball and take a sack QB and even then they only beat us by ten.

In Alex defense, he threw a nice ball to Ginn, Penalty on the play killed us. Also the interception by Brown was negated by penalty (would have given us the momentum).

Finally, to answer your question it is the front that scares me. So I guess that would be Ngata.

I remember that, there was a couple defenders around Ginn Jr., he somehow made the jump catch and ran it in for the TD. BS penalty on Gore for chop block cost us 7 pts alone. Refs were handing the game to BAL that day.
Pollard, when safeties make big hits it changes games. I've seen pollard, chancellor, Goldson, and Whitner all do it. Hopefully our safety's lay the first big hit.
Reed. That muthaf**ka a ball hawking vet.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Reed. That muthaf**ka a ball hawking vet.

Naw. If we lock up NGata and Suggs: Game Set Match.

The main reason we dominated GB was because Goodwin along handle Raji. I wonder if that's a product of our Q formation. Imagine if we can lock up Ngata with one OL. BAL will be in a panic because as good as Reed is, I don't think he gets there faster than a Kap laser.
Originally posted by Joecool:
How does he compare to BJ Raji? The one thing about the Pistol and Read Option is that it pretty much cancels out the NT. Wonder if they will have Ngata change to one gap whenever we get into that formation and crash the gap to whichever side the FB is on.

I hope you're right about the read option cancelling out the NT but do you remember Wilfork absolutely blasting our lineman back into the qb while he's trying to read the DE? Our line manhandled BJ Raji in both contests and i dont think he even compares to Ngata and Wilfork. Those two guys are on another level all together. I think Raji compares more to our own Sopoaga to be honest. Iupati, Goodwin, and Boone need to put up the game of their lives against Ngata and while Ngata scares me the most I'm confident in our line to take care of business!
none they will all be standing still as kap burns um air n ground
i fear no man but god as i walk through the valley of death
Reed doesn't scare me one bit, man has def lost a step at his age.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

remember Chilo and Snyder........