There are 139 users in the forums

Was Eddie D proud or pissed at the end of the game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
"Hey did you guys see how pissed Eddie was that we won the NFC Championship?!".........(extreme sarcasm)

He was chopping onions.
He looked beyond happy. WTF did you watch.

I kind of felt bad for the Atlanta GM and Tony Gonzalez.

They were sad Keanus for sure.

Originally posted by smithgdwg:
He was pissed off for greatness!

lol very nice.
PROUD !!!!! HES THE GOD FATHER PEOPLE !!!!! lets get 6
This is how Eddie D passed the torch to Jed:

I sometimes still do wonder what if Eddie still ran the organization....how different it wouldve been the past decade.
Originally posted by ninersoul:
I sometimes still do wonder what if Eddie still ran the organization....how different it wouldve been the past decade.

probably still would have had terry donnahue. he was someone bill walsh gave a recommendation on, but probably after that we would have rebuilt more quickly.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

probably still would have had terry donnahue. he was someone bill walsh gave a recommendation on, but probably after that we would have rebuilt more quickly.

Shanahan or Holmgren would've been brought back after they flamed out of denver or seattle, get fired by an irate Eddie D in 2004 after losing to the Packers AGAIN....mccarthy is promoted to HC in '05 and drafts aaron rodgers...49ers going for Lombardi trophy #8 vs Jim Harbaugh, Colin Kaeprnick and the Oakland Raiders in Super Bowl XLVII
I think Eddie was happy but I bet he still wants to kill his POS brother in-law.

Originally posted by SealTeam6:
I thought most post game interviews were awkward. Gore needs some pr training.

Why? I thought Gore was great, he was all over the place having fun.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Quote:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

The torch has been passed...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/San-Francisco-49ers-Eddie-DeBartolo-Denise-Bartolo-Jed-York-012013And

Eddie D? Always emotional and prone to grandiose gestures, DeBartolo huddled with Jed privately on Saturday night in Atlanta. He had some important things he needed to pass on to his nephew.

1. A pair of gold, football-shaped cufflinks, a gift originally given to Eddie in 1981 — the season the Joe Montana-led team beat Cincinnati in Super Bowl XVI. Those cufflinks came from the 49ers' founding family, the Morabitos.

"Think of that connection, that tradition," Jed said, showing them off with pride. "These are just amazing."

2. An 8x10 framed photo Eddie has kept on his wall since that inaugural Super Bowl run. In it, five-year-old Jed is standing alongside Eddie DeBartolo Sr. Jed is holding a sign.

"Dear Uncle Eddie, We love you. Congratulations and we love the 49ers."

"It's been on my wall 30 years. My dad and Jed are in that picture," said DeBartolo, choking back his own tears. "And I gave it to Jed, and I put my own note with it.

Eddie's note read, "Dear Jed, Now it's your turn. Love, Uncle Eddie"

With that, Eddie began to cry.

I damn near started to cry reading that!
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
I thought most post game interviews were awkward. Gore needs some pr training.

Why? I thought Gore was great, he was all over the place having fun.

That was his PR training. The real PR is in 2 weeks when he is SuperBowl champ

Shanahan or Holmgren would've been brought back after they flamed out of denver or seattle, get fired by an irate Eddie D in 2004 after losing to the Packers AGAIN....mccarthy is promoted to HC in '05 and drafts aaron rodgers...49ers going for Lombardi trophy #8 vs Jim Harbaugh, Colin Kaeprnick and the Oakland Raiders in Super Bowl XLVII

Wasnt McCarthy one of the guys that favored drafting Smith over Rodgers ? I thought I heard that over the newswire in the week leading up to the Divisional vs the Packers.
Originally posted by HudsonValley:

Wasnt McCarthy one of the guys that favored drafting Smith over Rodgers ? I thought I heard that over the newswire in the week leading up to the Divisional vs the Packers.

My understanding is Nolan and McCluless left the final decision to Mcarthy cause they liked each qb equally.

Something Mcarthy had to explain when he got hired in GB as the HC
Share 49ersWebzone