LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Akers : any other options for the superbowl ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Bring back Cundiff. Akers couldn't hit under 40 yards in a DOME. 'nuff said.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
he shouldnt even be on this team. should have been cut ATLEST 10n weeks ago. only good thing is our offense has the mindset we NEED TDs cause they dont trust him either. so even if we score a Td we normally would go conservative on. its better than 2 FGs we may ahve kciked even with Akers with confidence. so.....
he doesn't even deserve a ring, he's hurt our team more than he's helped
  • ace52
  • Veteran
I never want any player to lose his job, but we've got to do something about this kicker issue.
Our team was able to survive yet another missed FG, but can we do so in the SB? Can we afford to live with this weakness any longer?
I doubt we make a change for the SB but we will draft a top kicker in the draft
just bring back cundiff and cut akers and if its too harsh put hall back on the ps and leave akers in the locker room
Originally posted by titan:
No! Don't change the chemistry. The Formula is working!!!!! He will redeem himself, possibly This SuperBowl!

There is only one more game he can get that "chemistry" going. I was a kicker in high school. I can miss a 38 yarder too.
All TDs today
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
His confidence is totally shot. Harbaugh I think will bring back Conditt and re-evaluate the situation again.
Originally posted by titan:
No! Don't change the chemistry. The Formula is working!!!!! He will redeem himself, possibly This SuperBowl!

i doubt it, thats what we keep saying about him every week and he continues to f**k up week in and week out.

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
All TDs today

thanks to Akers going full retard again
Its obviously all mental for him. He drills the extra points right down the middle every time.
just go for it on 4th downs. The field position works out better if you fail.
The sound of that football bouncing off the upright resonated throughout the second half. Watching a 4-point lead, know it should be 7 was miserable. Thank goodness the other 52 players function better than Akers.
Todd Peterson
Share 49ersWebzone