There are 266 users in the forums

Akers : any other options for the superbowl ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Dont know why we let Cundiff go. Its not like Hall had any impact in the game, might as well go in with both Akers and Cundiff and if Akers is sucking it up, go with the backup. After that first miss today, I wouldve pulled Akers out and let Cundiff play. Nothing wrong with 2 active kickers in a game.
Me.
  • fip24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Bring back Cundiff. Akers couldn't hit under 40 yards in a DOME. 'nuff said.

I think we should sign Cundiff. I don't have faith in either hitting a game winner or a 50+ fg but I think Cundiff can hit the short ones
my worst fear: falcons would score a td to go up by 3 with over a minute left, kap would drive down and we would need akers to make a fg. He has no confidence right now, and the rest of the league knows it (opposing players talking sh*t to him before a fg attempt the last 2 weeks)
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Keep Akers we win as a team and lose as a team.
mayby this is more common then I realize but what was that punk job by the Falcon player talking s**t to him before his kick. no class!
Akers wouldv'e been in play had ATL gone up 31-28 with like 1:30 left. Sheeesh!
Originally posted by cory4903:
my worst fear: falcons would score a td to go up by 3 with over a minute left, kap would drive down and we would need akers to make a fg. He has no confidence right now, and the rest of the league knows it (opposing players talking sh*t to him before a fg attempt the last 2 weeks)

That scared me too. Not just that, but the fact that the field goal would've only TIED the game and not won it. So even if Akers pulled a successful kick out of his ass, we still would've had to go to overtime and likely count on another one from him to win!
Originally posted by Husker49er:
mayby this is more common then I realize but what was that punk job by the Falcon player talking s**t to him before his kick. no class!

Assante Samuel wasn't it? Not sure but he's well aware that Akers total headcase right now.
Originally posted by Husker49er:

Asante Samuel, his former teammate in Philly. He did the right thing, Akers has been a headcase. Id tell my team to talk smack to him as well. Look what the result was, the guy choked on a cheap FG kick.

Kicking is mental
At least this game he was able to keep Atlanta from returning any kicks. I just wouldn't attempt any FG's in the Superbowl and replace him for next year.
I say Akers hold it and try lee I mean he can't be much worse
I pray it doesn't come down to this guy in the Super Bowl.
trade for janikowski
Share 49ersWebzone