LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Akers : any other options for the superbowl ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Call Morton Anderson

He is 52....

still a better option....we know he can kick in a dome

Didn't he miss a 30 yard FG in last game of the 1996 season against Jacksonville that got them into the playoffs?
Call Morton Anderson

He is 52....

Didn't he miss a 30 yard FG in last game of the 1996 season against Jacksonville that got them into the playoffs?

lol I have no idea
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Call Morton Anderson

He is 52....

lol I have no idea

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/965387-most-devastating-missed-fg-in-the-history-of-every-nfl-franchise/page/3
f**k it. Sign Justin Medlock. He kicked 7 of 10 for the Panthers this year. He's left footed and he's better than Akers at this point.
Originally posted by jrg:
Just got for it on 4th lol

This is probably the best option. Cunfiff is awful too.
Akers is a piece of sh*t.
I just hate the thought of the SB on the line and needing Akers to make a FG. I lost all confidence in Akers about 6 weeks ago. I can't imagine that any of the players or coaching staff feel differently.

Akers has to go.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
This guy has to go, his confidence is mush, he looked like he was gonna breakdown on the sideline.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
he's damaged goods. No confidence in himself. Useless now. I'd rather see Andy Lee out there giving it a go.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Akers is a piece of sh*t.

I have one more post than you

Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
I have one more post than you

Now we're tied. something Akers couldn't do today.
Ill do it.
I said 3 weeks ago, just get closer. If we don't make it on 4th down, then so be it. But if we do , we have a very good chance of getting 7 pts, not 3. Get as close as a PAT, and let akers kick from there. It calls for a different coaching mentality, but I am in favor of that anyway. We kicked way too many FGs last yr and start of this one. I am a lot happier on the 40 yd line on in, go for it. If impossible, then punt. But going for it on 4th down is a really good idea if your FG kicker has the yips.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

In case you're wondering, 49ers can't recall K Billy Cundiff for Super Bowl after waiving him on Friday. David Akers is their man.
couldn't we have andy drop kick in our FG situations?

https

Share 49ersWebzone