There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Good News - Roman staying

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Yup, he is clearly interested in those opportunities, too. I'm thinking he gets a call from Oregon.

I'm thinking he doesn't. Mark Helfrich will likely be promoted to HC.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Gus needs a OC right ? Sooo?

I don't think he would make a lateral move like that

this is really good news for us
Wasn't there some discussion about going to a local college? Cal? Back to Stanford?
  • Shemp
  • Veteran
the other good news is that this negatively impacts the Seahawks.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Wasn't there some discussion about going to a local college? Cal? Back to Stanford?

Cal's position was filled by Sonny Dykes and Shaw isn't going anywhere.
Originally posted by 228niner:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Gus needs a OC right ? Sooo?

I don't think he would make a lateral move like that

He can't make a lateral move without Harbs' permission or they would have to make him asst HC.
He's got to like the idea of coming back next year and working with Kaep for a full offseason. Not to mention getting Manningham/Williams back and possibly a legit deep threat. He's got a QB with the skills to run anything he wants to come up with.

Its early, he can do the head coaching thing soon enough, now is time to be part of an upcoming dynasty!
Roman might try himself at college level first before getting one in the NFL.
We'll just have to see if this means he's staying.

I don't think he'd leave for a College job when he will likely be up for a pro job next year.

We'll just have to see what happens in Arizona.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Jan 17, 2013 at 7:58 AM ]
Good news. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a dope. Continuity is key - especially for a young QB.
[ Edited by Schulzy on Jan 17, 2013 at 8:06 AM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I don't think he'd leave for a College job when he will likely be up for a pro job next year.

Agree. There are plenty of persuasive reasons to coach college ball, but if you've got your eyes on coaching in the NFL, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense--especially when you're already hitched to a rising star.
man, i was dreading losing members of our staff.
I think having a deep playoffs run plays a role in keeping our coaching staff together. Teams are trying to hire head coaches as soon as possible and it's hard to interview candidates if they're still coaching in the playoffs.
Originally posted by ace49ers:
I wont be satisfied until all available positions have been officially filled.

This.