LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

We need to extend Crabtree

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Psinex:
After what Crabtree and Eugene Parker did to us his rookie year, they are going to attempt to take us to the cleaners. I have no doubt in my mind. Are you willing to let either Iupati, Anthony Davis or Aldon Smith become free agents to satiate Eugene Parker's greed? Trent Baalke is going to let Crabtree test the market, after franchising him for one year. Then they will let Crabtree look for a 9-10 million dollar a year deal. If he gets it, he's gone, good for him, if not, then Baalke will re-sign him at a fair price.

That was then, this is now. We have to forget about his rookie year holdout, thats basically ancient history now. He's been a model teammate since then. He'll get paid what he deserves and I won't be surprised to see Baalke give it to him. Doesn't mean we can't re-sign Davis, Iupati, and Smith too.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Mar 25, 2013 at 9:34 AM ]
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Psinex:
After what Crabtree and Eugene Parker did to us his rookie year, they are going to attempt to take us to the cleaners. I have no doubt in my mind. Are you willing to let either Iupati, Anthony Davis or Aldon Smith become free agents to satiate Eugene Parker's greed? Trent Baalke is going to let Crabtree test the market, after franchising him for one year. Then they will let Crabtree look for a 9-10 million dollar a year deal. If he gets it, he's gone, good for him, if not, then Baalke will re-sign him at a fair price.

That was then, this is now. We have to forget about his rookie year holdout, thats basically ancient history now. He's been a model teammate since then. He'll get paid what he deserves and I won't be surprised to see Baalke give it to him. Doesn't mean we can't re-sign Davis, Iupati, and Smith too.

Ancient history, eh? Here we go again...
Wallace Welker Jennings Bowe these guys all followed the biggest money deals to the highest bidders.

Only Bowe stayed with his team because they had the cap to resign him.
Originally posted by SkyGod:
Wallace Welker Jennings Bowe these guys all followed the biggest money deals to the highest bidders.

Bowe got a sweet deal. It'd be dumb for any player to turn his back on $1 million more per season. Football players can only count on two or three contracts, the second one is the biggest. I'm sure Crabtree knows that.
Originally posted by fastforward:

Bowe got a sweet deal. It'd be dumb for any player to turn his back on $1 million more per season. Football players can only count on two or three contracts, the second one is the biggest. I'm sure Crabtree knows that.

Pretty much
When it's time to get paid it's time to get paid, and players know that. That's why Goldson ran to the bucs when they threw 40+ mill at him.

Crabtree is going to wanna get paid and he should.
On the surface it seems like a no-brainer to resign Crabs. I do not expect it to be easy like the Willis & other resigns.

I do trust Baalke will do what's best for the team in the long run. He will NOT let the contract for one guy hurt the team.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Not only that, but as Maicco points out, Crabtree's agent is Eugene Parker, who has been very tough for the Niners to deal with in the past. He'll have Crabtree holding out for top league money or testing the market.

Ya I know Eugene Parker has been a tough agent for the 49ers to deal with, no doubt at age 27 he'll advise & take Crabtree all the way to the highest FA offer.

Crabtree is gone after 2014.
Boldin 1 or 2 and gone

umm...49ers FO better be looking at wideout Patterson in the draft for CK7.

Will you PLEASE stop with this Patterson nonsense?? You say the guys name in almost every one of your posts. He will not be drafted by the 49ers. This FO does not make outrageous moves from 31 up to the top 15 to draft a player. It just doesn't happen. Yeah, it's nice to dream about it, just like it would be awesome to get Tavon Austin. That's not going to happen either.
[ Edited by Beeker on Mar 27, 2013 at 7:43 AM ]
How much do you guys think we should pay him? IMO, we shouldn't jump the gun. He just had his first 1,000+ yard season as a pro.

I'd like to see what he does this year (up to mid-season at least) before offering him an extension.
in my view terrell brown is more of a priority to resign than crabtree...finding a player of crabtrees comparable skills will be easier than finding a corner as good as brown
This recent talk about the special connection Crabtee has with Kaepernick has me thinking that maybe there is a better chance they'll be able to extend Crabtree after all. If he puts up big numbers this next season and especially if they win a Super Bowl, he actually may be more amenable to a "home town discount" than I would have thought.

This recent talk about the special connection Crabtee has with Kaepernick has me thinking that maybe there is a better chance they'll be able to extend Crabtree after all. If he puts up big numbers this next season and especially if they win a Super Bowl, he actually may be more amenable to a "home town discount" than I would have thought.

Idk. If we win a Superbowl, he could also skip town in search for a huge payday to scratch off of his bucket list. Who knows how hungry KingCrab is for Superbowl titles
[ Edited by YungAce on Mar 27, 2013 at 9:46 AM ]

That's good he likes his Qb it's a start means he will want to stay with Colin, question is would he be willing to take less money so we can resign colin too... Doubtfully, Crabtree will want to be paid.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
very very unlikely crabs gets an extension from us.
You guys realize we almost LOST Crabtree due to a clause written in his contract?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/07/crabtrees-base-deal-six-years-32-million/

If he made the Pro Bowl last year, his contract would have voided its final season and this year would've been his last as a Niner. Everything in that deal was just Crab and his agent looking out for themselves. I like Crab, he's turned into a beast, but if he's looking for the big money, let him go. We have other positions to fill.
Originally posted by SmileyJetson:
You guys realize we almost LOST Crabtree due to a clause written in his contract?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/07/crabtrees-base-deal-six-years-32-million/

If he made the Pro Bowl last year, his contract would have voided its final season and this year would've been his last as a Niner. Everything in that deal was just Crab and his agent looking out for themselves. I like Crab, he's turned into a beast, but if he's looking for the big money, let him go. We have other positions to fill.

Good post and good find!

Originally posted by Beeker:
Not only that, but as Maicco points out, Crabtree's agent is Eugene Parker, who has been very tough for the Niners to deal with in the past. He'll have Crabtree holding out for top league money or testing the market.

Ya I know Eugene Parker has been a tough agent for the 49ers to deal with, no doubt at age 27 he'll advise & take Crabtree all the way to the highest FA offer.

Crabtree is gone after 2014.
Boldin 1 or 2 and gone

umm...49ers FO better be looking at wideout Patterson in the draft for CK7.

Will you PLEASE stop with this Patterson nonsense?? You say the guys name in almost every one of your posts. He will not be drafted by the 49ers. This FO does not make outrageous moves from 31 up to the top 15 to draft a player. It just doesn't happen. Yeah, it's nice to dream about it, just like it would be awesome to get Tavon Austin. That's not going to happen either.

Honestly, Patterson isn't a slam dunk like Julio Jones or AJ Green. He only has 1 year of legit D1 football. I wouldn't be surprised if he slipped to 20ish. And if that were to happen, who knows, he would be an intriguing option.
Share 49ersWebzone