LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 314 users in the forums

We need to extend Crabtree

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'd rather sign him now than risk him going to free agency. Get it done.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 17, 2013 at 5:20 AM ]
If he continues to produce at this level, he will never hit free agency due to the franchise tag.
He wont want to go else where. He knows hes got something special going on with Kapp.
Pay him in white girls!!!
he still has 2 more years right?
Priority-wise:

1) Goldson
2) Crabtree
3) Kaepernick
4) Aldon
Ive been saying this ish since he showed up on the field in his rookie year.

Im Nostradamus I tell you!
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Priority-wise:

1) Goldson
2) Crabtree
3) Kaepernick
4) Aldon

how about Culliver, Davis, and Iupati?
Signed a six-year, $32 million contract. The deal contains $17 million guaranteed. Another $8 million is available through incentives. The contract can void to five years based on "unlikely to be earned" Pro Bowl and playing-time triggers. Per one clause in the deal, $15 million of Crabtree's available escalators is contingent on him participating in at least 90% of annual offseason workouts. 2012: $3.5 million (+ $500,000 roster bonus), 2013: $4.5 million (+ $500,000 roster bonus), 2014: $3.5 million (Voidable Year), 2015: Free Agent

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5135/michael-crabtree

he'll be here at a minimum 2 more years with possibly the 3rd year franchised.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Ive been saying this ish since he showed up on the field in his rookie year.

Im Nostradamus I tell you!

But you are not Negrodamus

Priority-wise:

1) Goldson
2) Crabtree
3) Kaepernick
4) Aldon

In terms of positional importance?

1. Kap
2. Aldon
3. Crab
4. Goldson

Don't be surprised to see Goldson walk because they need to save up money for guys down the road.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Priority-wise:

1) Goldson
2) Crabtree
3) Kaepernick
4) Aldon

1. Kap
2. Aldon
3. Crab
4. Goldson

Don't be surprised to see Goldson walk because they need to save up money for guys down the road.

my list is more timeline-based instead if factoring in positional importance, that is, in what order I believe in the next few years each player's extensions will be addressed
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Priority-wise:

1) Goldson
2) Crabtree
3) Kaepernick
4) Aldon

1. Kap
2. Aldon
3. Crab
4. Goldson

my list is more timeline-based instead if factoring in positional importance, that is, in what order I believe in the next few years each player's extensions will be addressed

There is also Iupati and Davis to consider. I think Goodwin is a FA this year too.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
how about Culliver, Davis, and Iupati?

Exactly! Our offensive line is one of the best in the league. We need to extend Davis and Iupati early so we can get them on the cheap like we did with Staley.

Here is my list (in terms of priority):

1) Davis - I think he has proved his value as a starter. He is getting better every week. But he hasn't got all that much recognition.... yet. Now is the time to extend him with an affordable deal. Tackles in their prime that have made a pro-bowl or two are VERY expensive. So lets get this done early.

2) Crabtree - good chemistry with Kaepernick. Hasn't received national recognition yet, so is probably undervalued by other GMs. Just like Davis, now is the time to extend him.

3) Goldson - Alex Smith will leave and free up some money for Goldson. I would hope they shoot for a front loaded deal so that down the road when Kaep gets an extension.

4) Iupati - An outstanding player. As a OG he shouldn't command too much as long as he doesn't hit the open market and starting a bidding war with a needy team.

5) Culliver - Starter potential. Might be a good time to lock him up for good back-up money.

6) Aldon Smith - We can wait on him. He has already received national recognition as a premier pass rusher. Which means he will be expensive anyway you spin it. We need to wait until Justin Smith hangs it up before we fork over big money for Aldon.

7) Kaepernick - Similar deal as Aldon. Top tier QBs are the most expensive players to lock up. But he's only had half a season as a starter. I think we need to see consistency over an entire regular season before we even think about locking him up with a huge contract. Some of our high priced veterans (Justin Smith, J. Goodwin, C. Rodgers, Gore) will become expendable in a couple years. That is the time to extend Kaep.
[ Edited by blm7754 on Jan 17, 2013 at 8:20 AM ]
Crabtree is not a priority and neither is Kaep. Neither is going anywhere for at least a couple years. Kaep isn't even an option for contract renegotiating.
Share 49ersWebzone