There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jonathan Goodwin

Awesome news!!

Lineman have a long shelf life; kilgore and looney have several years ahead of them. Goodwin performs at a high level, no need to get rid of him.

I'm excited about this.
Originally posted by fister30:
Awesome news!!

Lineman have a long shelf life; kilgore and looney have several years ahead of them. Goodwin performs at a high level, no need to get rid of him.

I'm excited about this.


Goodwin is smart. 1 million guaranteed, and he will be on the niners this year. At 34 the best he will get in the future is the vet minimum. Niners need him as they are in a win now mode. If they where rebuilding he would be gone.
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:
Yea I'm sure the Lions would jump at the opportunity to trade Calvin, and Arizona would have no prob trading Fitz to a division rival . C'mon Man not even people on the Webzone are that stupid

You'd be surprised
I'd expect a signing of Reid very shortly. This was a two-fold move to create more space to sign the rookies and allow Goodwin an opportunity to stay with the team. This is NOT a guarantee he gets his starting C spot back though. It just means that if he loses out to Looney/Kilgore, he'll be a reasonably priced backup and very good insurance. If he competes (really, a 3rd bonus with this move) he not only is going to have to outright earn it but play at a very high level to keep it ALL YEAR LONG.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 24, 2013 at 12:46 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
I'd expect a signing of Reid very shortly. This was a two-fold move to create more space to sign the rookies and allow Goodwin an opportunity to stay with the team. This is NOT a guarantee he gets his starting C spot back though. It just means that if he loses out to Looney/Kilgore, he'll be a reasonably priced backup and very good insurance. If he competes (really, a 3rd bonus with this move) he not only is going to have to outright earn it but play at a very high level to keep it ALL YEAR LONG.
Nice thinking there! I like to see him take the paycut to stay with the team. I do believe he knows if he wouldn't have he would have been cut shortly.
One of the benefits of being a sterllar organization, guys will take paycuts to stay on the team.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
One of the benefits of being a sterllar organization, guys will take paycuts to stay on the team.

Nice to be back in this position again!
This doesn't change the fact that we'll have to cut him after next season.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
This doesn't change the fact that we'll have to cut him after next season.

debbie downer

my dog hasn't been kicked today yet...
Originally posted by BrianGO:
This doesn't change the fact that we'll have to cut him after next season.

He will be a free agent after this year so won't get cut after next season but you are right he will probably be gone. Will be time to move on with a younger guy as he will be 36 December 2nd.
At least we don't have to hear any more yammering on about how they should immediately break up the best offensive line in the league by dropping him to save cap money.
good for him taking a pay cut
really like this move!
Goodwin is questionable for this Sunday due to an illness.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Goodwin is questionable for this Sunday due to an illness.

Hopefully its not MRSA. Thanks Obama.