LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 167 users in the forums

Jonathan Goodwin

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DVDA:
Gore is not Adrian Peterson. He's easily replaceable just like 90% of the running backs in the NFL, especially when you have a competent coach who can hide the shortcomings of a lesser running back.

Easily replaceable? Give me a break. Even if he is a half step slower from carrying all those sorry offenses on his back he is still better than 90% of the RBs out there. He has an amazing football acumen that enables him to know where the holes will open up and when. Watch that play with the fumbled snap, Gore picks up the ball and knew exactly where the holes would be.
Dude got a pay cut according to CSN Bay Area wonder what is next?
Glad to have em aboard. Veteran centers are crucial.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
man niners are f**ked up taking money back they promised to players.
Originally posted by susweel:

The alternative is to get cut and perhaps not get picked up for more in free agency. New CBA is bad for middle tier vets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

The alternative is to get cut and perhaps not get picked up for more in free agency. New CBA is bad for middle tier vets

he should have called their bluff niners have no centers with experience besides him.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Dude got a pay cut according to CSN Bay Area wonder what is next?

49ers C Jonathan Goodwin has taken a $1.2 million pay-cut, reducing his salary from $3.7 million to $2.5 million.

The new deal includes $1 million guaranteed. CSN Bay Area called Goodwin a candidate for release in February, but this should ensure his roster spot. Going on 34, Goodwin should hold off Daniel Kilgore and Joe Looney for his starting job.

Mike Garafolo on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football?r=1

Jonathan Goodwin takes pay cut, increases odds

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/24/jonathan-goodwin-takes-pay-cut-increases-odds/

Goodwin agrees to pay cut to remain on team

Veteran center Jonathan Goodwin accepted a pay reduction of $1.2 million in base salary to strengthen his spot on the 49ers' roster and create enough cap space for the team to sign its three remaining unsigned draft picks.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/goodwin-agrees-pay-cut-remain-team

• Disp
  • Veteran

Not sure if you're trolling or not, but the only "promised" money is guaranteed money. And with his new deal it goes from $0 guaranteed to $1mil., so he's technically getting more money than he was promised.
That $1.5 million will go to sign the rookies, not towards a trade for Megatron, Fitzgerald, Cruz or any other franchise receiver......Just clearing that up for all the career mode peeps out there
[ Edited by AZ9erfan520 on May 24, 2013 at 9:50 AM ]
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
That $1.5 million will go to sign the rookies, not towards a trade for Megatron, Fitzgerald, Cruz or any other franchise receiver......Just clearing that up for all the career mode peeps out there

I'm fine with the WRs we have plus I want to see what they can do as well as Vance and Gray. We got 6 top 100 picks next season to attack WR with

he should have called their bluff niners have no centers with experience besides him.

We are at that point where teams want to play for us again.

We have great ownership, great coaches, great fans, great weather, great city, and most importantly, we are super bowl contenders.

If he left, he would probably get picked up with a team like the Raiders or something. Why end your career like that when you can be on a relevant team?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

We are at that point where teams want to play for us again.

We have great ownership, great coaches, great fans, great weather, great city, and most importantly, we are super bowl contenders.

If he left, he would probably get picked up with a team like the Raiders or something. Why end your career like that when you can be on a relevant team?

I think you mean where Players want to play for the niners.
Originally posted by 9erred:
I think you mean where Players want to play for the niners.

I'm sure there are a few teams (Cardinals, Raiders, Browns) who wouldnt mind making the jump

Yea I'm sure the Lions would jump at the opportunity to trade Calvin, and Arizona would have no prob trading Fitz to a division rival . C'mon Man not even people on the Webzone are that stupid
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:

Yea I'm sure the Lions would jump at the opportunity to trade Calvin, and Arizona would have no prob trading Fitz to a division rival . C'mon Man not even people on the Webzone are that stupid

Wait. So we CANT trade for Megatron now????? Well, my weekend just went to hell.
Share 49ersWebzone