LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 145 users in the forums

Smith, Tolzien thread. Yet again

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by aTx49er:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Alex is a good QB. Kaepernick is a good QB. Kaepernick is the QB that our team is moving forward with.

That's it. Leave all the petty BS behind and let's just move on, yeah?

You know that's not going to happen......

Probably not, but one can hope
do you think we will address our back up qb issue with a draft pick or a vet. i hope for a vet myself

Tolzien has shown he's a pretty damn good pocket passer...I dont mind him one bit being our backup...maybe draft a project in the 7th for 3rd string??? my two cents
Originally posted by MertonHanksneck:
Alex is a good QB. Kaepernick is a good QB. Kaepernick is the QB that our team is moving forward with.

do you think we will address our back up qb issue with a draft pick or a vet. i hope for a vet myself

Tolzien has shown he's a pretty damn good pocket passer...I dont mind him one bit being our backup...maybe draft a project in the 7th for 3rd string??? my two cents
In the preseason

Tolzien has shown as much as any vet I would want. With 15 picks in the draft, I would expect a late round QB
Originally posted by Shorteous:

In the preseason

true..it was preseason...so maybe the jury is still out ... but I do like the glimpses I have seen

In the preseason
Originally posted by SealTeam6:

Tolzien has shown as much as any vet I would want. With 15 picks in the draft, I would expect a late round QB

this
[ Edited by MertonHanksneck on Jan 13, 2013 at 10:26 AM ]
Draft a qb in the mid to late rounds and let Harbough work his magic.

Hoping for a draftee. We have several picks (!) and a known qb developer. And Tolzien already, of course.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

Hoping for a draftee. We have several picks (!) and a known qb developer. And Tolzien already, of course.

SF QB factory? Churn out quality backups every 3-4 years lol.
Smith = good, solid, gets the job done.

Kap = amazing, electrifying, playmaker, could be great.

Harbaugh has done wonders with both of these guys. Not taking anything away from either of them but Alex was considered a bust before Harbs got here and I think we were all worried about Kap initially (all show no go).

Harbaugh can be frustrating and some will never appreciate the way he handled the switching of QBs but you gotta hand it to the guy...he knew what he was doing. It worked. And it worked on the grandest stage so far. Do I wish it was Alex enjoying another post season? Sure. But you just can't deny what Kap brings. It's not even about Kap vs Alex or any of that s**t. Kap brings more to the table than...well just about every QB outside of RG3.

Kudos to Harbaugh and this coaching staff. Their developmental skills are absolutely amazing.

Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

Harbaugh has done wonders with both of these guys. Not taking anything away from either of them but Alex was considered a bust before Harbs got here and I think we were all worried about Kap initially (all show no go).

Harbaugh can be frustrating and some will never appreciate the way he handled the switching of QBs but you gotta hand it to the guy...he knew what he was doing. It worked. And it worked on the grandest stage so far. Do I wish it was Alex enjoying another post season? Sure. But you just can't deny what Kap brings. It's not even about Kap vs Alex or any of that s**t. Kap brings more to the table than...well just about every QB outside of RG3.

Kudos to Harbaugh and this coaching staff. Their developmental skills are absolutely amazing.

I once stated on this board that Kaep is our "poor-mans" RG3...now I do beleive Kaep may be the better of the two!!!!
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

Well said!

I think it is important to pick somebody with similar (probably impossible to find the same level of) skillset as Kaep. If Kaep ever goes down, ad the team is more invested in the pistol game then you will want someone who can run most of those looks. Tolzein isn't that dude, so I would look elsewhere.
Originally posted by dtcomposer:

I think it is important to pick somebody with similar (probably impossible to find the same level of) skillset as Kaep. If Kaep ever goes down, ad the team is more invested in the pistol game then you will want someone who can run most of those looks. Tolzein isn't that dude, so I would look elsewhere.

Who knows... maybe Harbaugh feels like Josh Johnson can be a poor man's Kaep and brings him back during the offseason. Hard to find a guy i the draft who has wheels but is a true pass first QB.
Originally posted by 49ermark:
This is halarious why do you as mods find it so gratifying to place a dude on restriction for posting something like that?? The webzone use to be kinda fun thus is borderline rediciulous.

You find permanent argument and b***hing fun? You think going into a thread and posting for no other reason than to wind up other fans and maybe get them banned is fun?

You have a problem, take it up in the proper fashion. Not in a thread about quarterbacks.

Hey man, I'm just pointing out that the MODs are getting Outta hand latley- we are 49er fans and we drink and get emotional I feel we deserve to be a little excited every now and again I don't think I deserved to get suspended for saying a bad word by you in a heated game in NT. I think you're being a little too tick tacky with your suspensions - what that dude said was not banned or suspended worthy. and to answer your question a healthy debate is fine nothing a poster should get banned for. Peace and love bro niner fan for life
Share 49ersWebzone