There are 177 users in the forums

Smith, Tolzien thread. Yet again

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm wondering whats going to happen when Alex is traded. What will all you people complain about? Good season thanks for the memories
This is halarious why do you as mods find it so gratifying to place a dude on restriction for posting something like that?? The webzone use to be kinda fun thus is borderline rediciulous.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Kaepernick12:
Only a blind alex smith supporter wouldn't understand the high completion percentage for Alex Smith are the results of check downs/dump offs/short passes.

Reported

Thank you. He is now on vacation, so lets keep the thread pleasant.

?? It's baffling to me that you think that comment is grounds for restricting his account.
Originally posted by 49ermark:
This is halarious why do you as mods find it so gratifying to place a dude on restriction for posting something like that?? The webzone use to be kinda fun thus is borderline rediciulous.

You find permanent argument and b***hing fun? You think going into a thread and posting for no other reason than to wind up other fans and maybe get them banned is fun?

You have a problem, take it up in the proper fashion. Not in a thread about quarterbacks.
Save for an awesome 2012 Divisional game vs the Saints, Alex Smith never proved that he had the ability to be a game-changing NFL QB.

Consummate team player and ultimate professional, though.
Call me crazy, call me maybe but I think it is in the best interest of the 49ers to keep Smith and the reason didn't fully dawn on me till last night. Fist off, the requirement for smith to stay is obviously a restructured deal, couple that with Smith obviously wanting to be a starter in this league and I don't think it's possible for us to retain him.

The reason why it would behoove the 9ers to retain Smith, is to maintain the integrity of depth for the team. Kaep cross the line into full on option read QB and although he is more of a pocket passer, he will be running and he will eventually make a decision that leads to an injury. If we could have Alex as the backup QB, we could rest easy at night knowing that if the starter goes down, boy we are still barreling ahead to the trophy room.

If not, then I obviously hope to trade Alex and get some gain from him.
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Call me crazy, call me maybe but I think it is in the best interest of the 49ers to keep Smith and the reason didn't fully dawn on me till last night. Fist off, the requirement for smith to stay is obviously a restructured deal, couple that with Smith obviously wanting to be a starter in this league and I don't think it's possible for us to retain him.

The reason why it would behoove the 9ers to retain Smith, is to maintain the integrity of depth for the team. Kaep cross the line into full on option read QB and although he is more of a pocket passer, he will be running and he will eventually make a decision that leads to an injury. If we could have Alex as the backup QB, we could rest easy at night knowing that if the starter goes down, boy we are still barreling ahead to the trophy room.

I don't think AS would come back under those circumstances though.

Nope, not crazy. Totally sane and I completely agree. I think he will choose to go, though.

Totally. But for Alex himself, he deserves to be a starter/winner/leader somewhere else. For us as a team, I hope we get him a ring this year and he stays for CK7 and this team/organization and works his way up to a coaching position ala Rathman and many others.

PS: And you're VERY right. It's just a matter of time before he goes RGIII which is why I was very encouraged with the last month of the season where we ran less "Q" offense and focused on pocket passing more. Just needs to continue to work on his pre snap reads (coverages and esp. run call alignments), intermediate "touch" passes (needs to lay off the speed balls) and his deep touch and timing with receivers such as Moss, VD and others. Love his moxie!
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 13, 2013 at 7:07 AM ]
Question is can we trade him before that 8 mil kicks in or do we have to cut him and get nothing in return?

With how QB needy some teams are (Jacksonville, NYJ), we might be able to swing a trade for a 2nd round pick.

Alex Smith fans in here are strangely silent.

Yes! Stunned silence is the most appropriate response to the insane performance by Kap last night. Wow! I bet even Smith had to smile, chuckle, and shake his head. Even the broadcasters didn't know what to say.

Kap is best when he runs wild. For this reason, I think Smith should be the back-up, as opposed to being gone :) Can't have it both ways; if Kap runs, he's gonna get banged up or tired, and you need a near seamless transition to a guy who is a proven winner.

You can't run one horse 'til he's dead. Let there be a team!
Alex is a good QB. Kaepernick is a good QB. Kaepernick is the QB that our team is moving forward with.

That's it. Leave all the petty BS behind and let's just move on, yeah?
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Only a blind alex smith supporter wouldn't understand the high completion percentage for Alex Smith are the results of check downs/dump offs/short passes.

Reported

Thank you. He is now on vacation, so lets keep the thread pleasant.

Originally posted by 49ermark:

Borderline? The mods have stepped far beyond borderline and into the realm of insanity lately imo. I agree, this board over policed and the mods are over the top.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Alex is a good QB. Kaepernick is a good QB. Kaepernick is the QB that our team is moving forward with.

That's it. Leave all the petty BS behind and let's just move on, yeah?

You know that's not going to happen......
I was hoping Alex would get into the game sooo badly lastnight. I really wanted to see him get some playtime, but the pesky Packers O wouldn't go quietly.
Share 49ersWebzone