There are 181 users in the forums

What's your gut feeling on the outcome of Saturday's game against the Pack?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What's your gut feeling on the outcome of Saturday's game against the Pack?

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Eugene88:
Did Rodgers ever wear a 49er jersey after their loss to the 49ers earlier this season like he said he would? I don't think so. My gut feeling is that he'll have #99 and #55 draped over him for most of the game Saturday...
if justin is not effective or is taken out, 99 will be a non factor. we have seen that in the last two games and spare me any talk about how he is "tired" that talk is for people trying to come up for an excuse for a loss or a poor performance in a game we have not played yet. that is because they do not want to see that aldon is nothing without justin

With all due respect, aldon did pressure both Brady, and Wilson in those games, and came within inches of two sacks in each game. His game has not been as good with cowboy out, but to be fair, the entire defense has not been as good. My biggest disapointment has not been with the pass rush, but with the run defense from that side since coboy has been out.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I think the biggest things coach needs to work on are not being stubborn, and showing Humility. He is not perfect. No one is. But its frusterating when he is so stubborn sometimes that it seems to blind him from issues right in front of his face that seem easily correctable. He needs to be a bit more humble to the position he is in as a HC. Its not an easy job, everyone knows it, and people would be a little less upset, and more respecting of the decisions he made, if he was more willing to show humility and admit his mistakes.
agree with you as i always do,, problem is that his ego will not allow him to admit it. the move to ck was the right move but if it would have went south or turned ugly bad, he never would have said he made a mistake. i can not speak for my friend idaho but i wonder if he referring to the kicking thing when he talks about issues right in front of his face?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Did Rodgers ever wear a 49er jersey after their loss to the 49ers earlier this season like he said he would? I don't think so. My gut feeling is that he'll have #99 and #55 draped over him for most of the game Saturday...
if justin is not effective or is taken out, 99 will be a non factor. we have seen that in the last two games and spare me any talk about how he is "tired" that talk is for people trying to come up for an excuse for a loss or a poor performance in a game we have not played yet. that is because they do not want to see that aldon is nothing without justin

With all due respect, aldon did pressure both Brady, and Wilson in those games, and came within inches of two sacks in each game. His game has not been as good with cowboy out, but to be fair, the entire defense has not been as good. My biggest disapointment has not been with the pass rush, but with the run defense from that side since coboy has been out.
well if you said he did,,he probably did. i guess i am just in shock about how s**tty our defense has been, against good teams, since justin got hurt and aldon gets my wrath. I will try to be more objective moving forward. i think he justin and brooks just have to pressure rogers.
agree with you as i always do,, problem is that his ego will not allow him to admit it. the move to ck was the right move but if it would have went south or turned ugly bad, he never would have said he made a mistake. i can not speak for my friend idaho but i wonder if he referring to the kicking thing when he talks about issues right in front of his face?

The kicker issue is one thing. The game planning for recent games is another.

This offense will function best if it uses the same gameplan it used while smith was under center. We live or die by the effectivness of the run game and controlling the clock.

The gameplan that was successful for us all last season and the early part of this season is the way to a win against GB. We went back to that gameplan a bit against AZ after the beatdown in Seattle. We will see this week if coach realises thats the key to this teams success and goes back to the bread and butter against GB.

Getting Frank Gore into the formations and plays that he is most successful as a runner in will be the key to winning any game we play in this post season.

well if you said he did,,he probably did. i guess i am just in shock about how s**tty our defense has been, against good teams, since justin got hurt and aldon gets my wrath. I will try to be more objective moving forward. i think he justin and brooks just have to pressure rogers.

Losing Cowboy was a huge loss no doubt. He is the MVP of the defense. The entire defense has struggled without him, and aldon has drawn most of the blame since his sack numbers dropping is the most obvious drop in performance from the defense.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

The kicker issue is one thing. The game planning for recent games is another.

This offense will function best if it uses the same gameplan it used while smith was under center. We live or die by the effectivness of the run game and controlling the clock.

The gameplan that was successful for us all last season and the early part of this season is the way to a win against GB. We went back to that gameplan a bit against AZ after the beatdown in Seattle. We will see this week if coach realises thats the key to this teams success and goes back to the bread and butter against GB.

Getting Frank Gore into the formations and plays that he is most successful as a runner in will be the key to winning any game we play in this post season.
agree good job. i just always remember the picture of the great hershel walker setting on the bench as a non factor in 1997 or 1998 when we punked the vikings in the playoffs and i just can not face the fact that gore will not be used saturday due to romans play calling
For me it comes down to the O & D line on both teams. The Packers are weak in both departments and that is why we will win. Our Dline with or without a healthy Justin will beatup and wear down the GB oline. The 49ers front 7 is too much for the Packers. On the flip side I think we are also to physical for there Dline.

We are a different team then we were at the start of the season. The Packers can practice all they want against the read option, gameday is much different.

Kaep
Crabtree
Walker
LMJ
Boone

These are all players that GB has either never faced or are playing better now then at the start of the year.

Honestly if the 49ers play the way they are capable of playing we should dominate. The offense can put up points at will if they execute like they did against the Pats. The defense can shut down Rodgers and the Pack if they play the way they are capable of playing.

49ers 38 Packers 14
Originally posted by boast:
49ers - 31
Packers - 17

This is exactly what I was thinking
Originally posted by father49er:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
you are right idaho, I had no right to label you and i am sorry. I just am upset with the way our team is playing and the denial i see from the fan base. plus i did not recognize the symbol for sarcasm... a glittery care bear

No worries man. I hear what you are saying, i havent been extremely happy with our team here in the second half of the season either, mostly gameplan related, But try to keep in mind that GB is in fact a very favorable matchup for us.

i have no faith in roman anymore and with the way Jh has let him f**k things up and with the way jh has f**ked up the kicking fiasco, I no longer drink his bathwater. i like him and am glad he our coach but am sick of the way we have been out coached so much this year. Jh has also been a idiot for taking the bait when other coaches jab him or our team like the giants, rams and seattle coaches did

You use to drink bathwater??
when Jh was hired and all of last year untill they made some s**tty play calls in the giants game,, i drank his bathwater. As i said i am very happy he is our coach but this year I have seen he does not walk on water.

jh definitely has flaws. winning cures all ills.
and losing or playing poorly exposes the flaws many think he does not have. for example can you tell me why he made a black and white decision on the quarterback and then has spent the last month and esp, the last week f**king around with this kicker thing. he had no balls to address it after the first rams loss(i know what the score was) and now we are a big f**king joke in having two kickers on the roster for saturday night. i think when they did his heart procedure they snipped his balls by mistake. playing not to lose almost cost us vs the pats and the whole team and coaches spent the seattle game and first two quarters in the cards game in a fetal position

if i had to guess what jh is thinking... he gave akers time to work through his slump at the cost of a loss. now that the stakes have risen, with akers still in his slump, he brought in an alternative. i might add that statistically, the alternative has a worse overall stat than akers, but akers suckle in recent games is probably worse. as for the qb change, it seems a wash stat-wise (see link below), but kap is clearly better at extend plays and has more big plays than alex. i think the jury is still out on the timing of qb swap.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=1&statisticPositionCategory=QUARTERBACK&season=2012&seasonType=REG

i re-watched the pats game yesterday and the reason 9ers got a big lead was due to turnovers early on that changed the momentum of the game. it was wet, the ball was slippery, and it bounced the 9ers way. 9ers also played well to capitalize, but the big lead was the result of turnovers. midway through the 3rd quarter, ne started no-huddle and that through the 9ers off and tired out the defense. there weren't many 3 man rushes, 9ers d was in the dime most of the time rushing 4. ne just played faster as they adjusted to the weather. you can argue the d should have been better prepared to handle high tempo offense, i'll give you that. we'll need to improve in this department on saturday.

the following week, against seattle, the weather was the same. the stadium was loud, the players and coaches just seemed a beat slower than usual and that was the difference. attribute that however you want, but it clearly was not the same effort we saw throughout the year.

against the cards, we played a bad first quarter, then picked it up starting the 2nd quarter. you can see the difference in effort and on the scoreboard. by end of 3rd quarter, that game was over. frankly, the offense fell flat in the first quarter was due to jenkin's drop and ted ginn not fielding the punt at the 20 yard line. two bone head mistakes that cost them 2 out of 3 first quarter drives.
My gut says blowout, haven't felt this confident about a game (which was surrounded by doubt) since facing the Saints last year.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Jan 9, 2013 at 11:26 AM ]

Its funny. One of my best friends who is a diehard Packer friend is convinced the Niners will win in a close game. Sadly, I admitted I'd take the Pack and the 3 points. Its going to be a sqeaker and the final outcome will actually come down to what happens in the first quarter.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I've had my heart broken to many times by GB to have any real confidence. Remember our 1 win took a last second hail mary between to HOFers.
Originally posted by JR80Forever:
For me it comes down to the O & D line on both teams. The Packers are weak in both departments and that is why we will win. Our Dline with or without a healthy Justin will beatup and wear down the GB oline. The 49ers front 7 is too much for the Packers. On the flip side I think we are also to physical for there Dline.

We are a different team then we were at the start of the season. The Packers can practice all they want against the read option, gameday is much different.

Kaep
Crabtree
Walker
LMJ
Boone

These are all players that GB has either never faced or are playing better now then at the start of the year.

Honestly if the 49ers play the way they are capable of playing we should dominate. The offense can put up points at will if they execute like they did against the Pats. The defense can shut down Rodgers and the Pack if they play the way they are capable of playing.

49ers 38 Packers 14

Delanie Walker will make a difference??
FG fest, Akers hits the game winner, 15-12
my mind is telling me no, but my body is telling me yes
Share 49ersWebzone