There are 165 users in the forums

What's your gut feeling on the outcome of Saturday's game against the Pack?

What's your gut feeling on the outcome of Saturday's game against the Pack?

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Our defense got lit up last year in divisional round, with Justin smith.

Gonna come down to our offense and sustaining scoring drives

that saints team had a better offense than this packer team IMO
Originally posted by susweel:

The Packers don't have Graham and Sproules... those two were tough to cover for an entire game.
Originally posted by susweel:

And actually our defense held up pretty well. It was just that Sproles and Graham made two big plays at the end, with the TD by Graham being a little bit of a lucky, freak play.
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by Valrod33:
my gut feeling is that we lose a close game. We have too many unknowns for me to be confident.
Whats are kicking game going to be like? Can we trust Akers or Cundiff?
How effective is Justin Smith going to be?
Can Aldon generate pass rush if Justin isnt there to help?
How is Kaepernick going to react to the playoff atmosphere?

I have to agree with VR33. I think the 49ers lose this game Packers 34 49ers 28

As 49ers fans, we know more about our teams weaknesses than opposing teams weaknesses. GB has a patchwork of a offensive line even a 49ers dline without JSmith will be able to exploit. GB's receivers are banged up outside of Cobb. Woodson is still not playing at full strength and GB's defensive front will be overpowered on the edges. I urge you guys to re-watch the last Cardinals game and take a look at how the team played starting in the 2nd quarter of that game. Once they felt they needed to turn it on, they went on a 24-0 run in 1.5 quarters and essentially ended the game. Aldon was forcing their QB to throw quick outs, RJF had a better push, etc.. Alex came into relief Kap midway through the 4th quarter and that was one of the few games this year the backup came in to close out the game. It seems the game against Seattle really killed confidence in a lot of people, but I'm sure come Saturday we'll see a great effort against GB.
We will win. I'm uber confident.

But the seahawks, doe.
Originally posted by cciowa:
you are right idaho, I had no right to label you and i am sorry. I just am upset with the way our team is playing and the denial i see from the fan base. plus i did not recognize the symbol for sarcasm... a glittery care bear

No worries man. I hear what you are saying, i havent been extremely happy with our team here in the second half of the season either, mostly gameplan related, But try to keep in mind that GB is in fact a very favorable matchup for us.

We win this week then lose to Seattle next week...

WWL WWL WWL

this is what im worried about, our defense will show up and with one week of rest, but we need to score TD'S and if we rely on FG's were in for a long day, if we get behind early were in trouble, and I look for Aaron Rodgers to have a good day passing the ball. 49ers better bring their A game on offense.
In the first half it is going to be a hard fought war but I can see Justin Smith not being able to go in the second half and some of the other guys wearing down. But a win is the only outcome that is acceptable.
this is what im worried about, our defense will show up and with one week of rest, but we need to score TD'S and if we rely on FG's were in for a long day, if we get behind early were in trouble, and I look for Aaron Rodgers to have a good day passing the ball. 49ers better bring their A game on offense.

Here are 3 keys to victory:

1) Reliable FG kicking;
2) Must bring at least 5 rushers on at least 30% of passing situations with different looks each time;
3) Play mix 55% pass 45% run unless we trail by 17 points.
Originally posted by father49er:
Originally posted by Valrod33:
my gut feeling is that we lose a close game. We have too many unknowns for me to be confident.
Whats are kicking game going to be like? Can we trust Akers or Cundiff?
How effective is Justin Smith going to be?
Can Aldon generate pass rush if Justin isnt there to help?
How is Kaepernick going to react to the playoff atmosphere?

I have to agree with VR33. I think the 49ers lose this game Packers 34 49ers 28

As 49ers fans, we know more about our teams weaknesses than opposing teams weaknesses. GB has a patchwork of a offensive line even a 49ers dline without JSmith will be able to exploit. GB's receivers are banged up outside of Cobb. Woodson is still not playing at full strength and GB's defensive front will be overpowered on the edges. I urge you guys to re-watch the last Cardinals game and take a look at how the team played starting in the 2nd quarter of that game. Once they felt they needed to turn it on, they went on a 24-0 run in 1.5 quarters and essentially ended the game. Aldon was forcing their QB to throw quick outs, RJF had a better push, etc.. Alex came into relief Kap midway through the 4th quarter and that was one of the few games this year the backup came in to close out the game. It seems the game against Seattle really killed confidence in a lot of people, but I'm sure come Saturday we'll see a great effort against GB.

i agree with a lot of this post, but the packers are way better then zona and Aaron Rodgers is one of the best QB's in the NFL. He's been there and hes a vet. He wants this game very badly. Thank goodness the 49ers are at home.
  • ace52
  • Veteran
I voted "Iffy" because of the questions regarding JS's effectiveness and our kicking game, the recent lack of a pass rush, and because the Pack seem to always be a tough challenge for us in the playoffs.

Having said that, though, I think we will pull out a close win if:
. Justin is close to his normal self (say about 80% or more), and Aldon is back to the level he was at before the last 3 games
. Our D can recapture the intensity that they displayed last year and in some games this year
. Our ST plays fundamentally sound football and doesn't give up any big play
. We don't have turnovers (or at least don't lose the turnover battle)
Originally posted by NinerG94:
I voted iffy 50/50. Although, if we want to take a Seattle fans outlook on this game, we should all be 100% confident that we'll beat the Packers since we beat them this season already, and that means there is no way they have a chance against us for atleast another decade.

We are an entirely different team from the 1st game, and so are they. I don't think there's any comparison that can be made since we have a new QB and they have defensive rookies who have an entire season under their belt now.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
you are right idaho, I had no right to label you and i am sorry. I just am upset with the way our team is playing and the denial i see from the fan base. plus i did not recognize the symbol for sarcasm... a glittery care bear

No worries man. I hear what you are saying, i havent been extremely happy with our team here in the second half of the season either, mostly gameplan related, But try to keep in mind that GB is in fact a very favorable matchup for us.

i have no faith in roman anymore and with the way Jh has let him f**k things up and with the way jh has f**ked up the kicking fiasco, I no longer drink his bathwater. i like him and am glad he our coach but am sick of the way we have been out coached so much this year. Jh has also been a idiot for taking the bait when other coaches jab him or our team like the giants, rams and seattle coaches did
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

i have no faith in roman anymore and with the way Jh has let him f**k things up and with the way jh has f**ked up the kicking fiasco, I no longer drink his bathwater. i like him and am glad he our coach but am sick of the way we have been out coached so much this year. Jh has also been a idiot for taking the bait when other coaches jab him or our team like the giants, rams and seattle coaches did

You use to drink bathwater??
Share 49erswebzone