LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

What's your gut feeling on the outcome of Saturday's game against the Pack?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What's your gut feeling on the outcome of Saturday's game against the Pack?

• dmax
  • Veteran
Honestly I think we are gonna lose
I have my worries

1) Akers?
2) can we get pressure on rodgers?
3Kaep experience in a huge game
4) CAN WE SLOW DOWN THAT PASSING ATTACK
49ers - 24
Packers - 17
My gut feeling is that we will win this for several reasons. The biggest is the 2 weeks to prepare for a team that is basically one denominational. Kaepernick is just as skilled, if not more, the Alex Smith and our running game (including Kaep) will be important to keep Rogers on the sidelines. In week one we had the ball for 33 minutes versus 27 minutes for Green Bay. But damn I don't wanna see any of those behind the back passes for touchdowns! We have to be ready for that!!
We are at home, I think we will win by 7+.

I see the defense having a huge game. Call it a hunch, but they haven't had a great game for a while. We have SO many playmakers on D though, several of them could have massive games. We are too good on defense NOT to shake off this little slump they are on. And it's not all about Justin Smith. Our defense is loaded! It's totally possible we could force 2 or 3 fumbles, and grab an interception or 2.

I think the offense will benefit from being at home. There will be some big plays there for the taking. I'd like to see some passes to the RB and TE, as well as big shots downfield if they are there. As long as CK doesn't throw a couple picks, we got this.

Our team is rested, and will come out full of energy and fire!
Feelin' good, Go 49ers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
For me, with so many unknowns about our team (JS, defense playing up to its standards, CK's first playoff game, kicking game, etc.) it's very scary, I'm currently "very worried".

This is why I'm confident that we win. For all the question marks that we have, for some reason I feel better about us overall like we'll be ultra prepared and want to prove to the world that we're still REALLY good, even with our questionable play/injuries over the last month or so. I'd be lying if I said that I don't have concerns, but it's out of our hands, and I have to trust the coaching staff.
[ Edited by Beezy33 on Jan 9, 2013 at 9:00 AM ]
I sure hope there aren't any players that snoop around on this site.

That said, I think our boys will pull out a big win. I think we match up well. I think our coaching staff knows that we need an offensive game plan to keep Rogers on the sideline and keep our defense rested. That means we need to sustain long drives. Our shot plays will be limited. Our running game will be turned on.

49ers win 31-21.
Originally posted by dmax:
Honestly I think we are gonna lose
I have my worries

1) Akers?
2) can we get pressure on rodgers?
3Kaep experience in a huge game
4) CAN WE SLOW DOWN THAT PASSING ATTACK

1) Cundiff will get the nod.... and we can't expect to beat Green Bay by relying on field goals anyway.

2) Yes. Brooks is up against an undrafted rookie and our DL is rested from the week off.

3) That is a question mark. But the NE game had the feel of a playoff matchup and he came through.

4) Yes. We have beaten every big passing team we have played this year. Our defense is built to beat those kinds of teams!
We will win, we have to it follows the pattern WWL, it's the NFC title game that I am worried about...
Pretty confident. I think the outcome is similar to the first game as long as we eliminate the stupid mistakes.

We match up really well against the Packers.

My Gut says..... The offense isn't stable enough to contend if it turns into a shoot out. My gut says: J Smith not at 100% means we do not get enough pressure on Rodgers to combat against that high powered offense. My gut says: We lose 27-21...
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
42-3, packers.
Depends on what team shows up; the one that beat the Pats or the one that lost to the Rams...

50/50
I'm confident we will win....
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
42-3, packers.

Your such a bright ray of sunshine.

Share 49ersWebzone