1. CK will come to play. He's fearless. He's progressed in each game that he's played. Obviously his play will be key.
2. The WRs and TEs will need to step up. Crabtree will be solid, but the others will need to help out. VD is not a great route runner, which is why the deep pass doesn't always find him, but if he can be found on the short to medium route (and doesn't try to do too much) it'll be great. DW has to shore up his reliability catching; he'll be needed. Moss will be there to mentor; I don't expect him to light it up. Don't know what to make of AJ. Depending on how the game progresses, Celek will contribute with some solid 3rd down conversions when needed.
3. FG will not carry the team in this game. He will get carries and have an average game; Much short of 100yds. LMJ will be the X-factor and will accumulate more yds than FG. A breakout game, of sorts.
4. The defense's performance will depend on how they do in their first two series. If they stop the Packers, they will get stronger as the game progresses. I believe that their confidence was shaken with their poor performance against NE and, especially, Seattle. It's only natural to have doubt creep in. If they become tentative, the game will degenerate into a shoot out. The Niners will have to practice ball control. I believe that they can do that (like the long third quarter drive against the Saints); short passes to LMJ, Celek, Crabtree. Gore up the middle.
5. ST play will be critical. Any mistakes will doom the Niners. Ginn is a big liability. Fingers crossed that he doesn't blow it.
6. LUCK and officiating will play a big part in this game and may decide the outcome if the defense cannot find its Mojo.
A general observation that may not impact this game as much as any future game: I feel that the Niners as presently constructed are not built for the long haul. Because of choice, or poor depth, their starters play too many snaps through the season and get worn down by play-off time. Especially the defense; they are not at their best right now. A lot will depend on how much the extra week's rest helps out in this regard.
If #1 and #2 come to pass (feel that they will), I feel real good about the Niners chances.
That's how I feel. Now, bring it on!