There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Your playing surface preference for the New Stadium

Your playing surface preference for the New Stadium

Real football is played on natural grass.

Were one of the few football cities that can actually have natural grass. Most places need fieldturf.

Whichever version they use in Minnesota is horrible. It has a white sheen to it in the light.
If your answer is anything other than grass, turn in your Man Card. If you are a woman, carry on.
Played on both in high school. Always felt faster and more agile on artificial turf.
I hope that somehow they are able to transport the Candlestick turf, i.e. Bill Walsh Field, to the new stadium.

Airlift perhaps, or have the streets widened to accommodate the trucks bringing the grass there, kinda like the space shuttle
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
I hope that somehow they are able to transport the Candlestick turf, i.e. Bill Walsh Field, to the new stadium.

Airlift perhaps, or have the streets widened to accommodate the trucks bringing the grass there, kinda like the space shuttle

Didn't Candlestick use to be AstroTurf
Grass.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

They have machines that can actually cut the grass into sod strips.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Yep, '70-'78.
Comiskey Park had an astroturf infield and a grass OF for awhile, that was weird.
The new stadium will have green and the roof so I am betting we get green on the field. Turf would throw the whole concept of the new stadium a curveball

Yes, before grass was invented
Candlestick grass, with the mud!
Grass in some of the stadiums media box prices on the table
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Yes, before grass was invented

The only grass grown in San Francisco in the 70's was SMOKED *rimshot*