LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

Your playing surface preference for the New Stadium

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Your playing surface preference for the New Stadium

The weather adds to the experience of the game - frozen tundra of Lambeau Field, fog of Soldier Field, swirling winds of Candlestick, etc. Braving the weather is a great part of the game. So no domes and natural grass please.
AstroTurf
I like my football fields like i like my TEA...natural, green, and f**kIN mUDDy when it rains
I believe the report was discussing the fact these fields aren't receiving the due care and attention (ie. $$$) they should be. IMO, the author is correct. Perhaps a "uniform" standard doesn't make sense, but certainly some teams setting a higher standard then they are.
BTW, Candlestick should get a reprieve for being an old stadium in a terrible location for mud -- it literally CANNOT be helped.

Meanwhile, FedEx is only a few years old for crying out loud. The new 49ers Stadium is gonna have impeccable grass.

Any issues with the grass in San Diego???
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Football is supposed to be played on grass. No more domes either, it is supposed to be outside.

Gotta be this.
Originally posted by Jtninerfan210:
In the name of "safety" why not uniformly make everyone wear flags and outlaw tackles because they're so violent? Sissi-fication of America at it's finest.

Thank you. Before you know it the NFL will mandate that all field surfaces be made of marshmallows and any tackle made on the legs, torso, arms or head will get a 15 yd penalty flag...
Grass all the way!
On a personal level whenever i play any field sport i prefer grass.

I hate having to wear pants to avoid turf burn, and i like the feel of running and falling on grass alot better. But thats just my 49 cents.

New stadium should be grass, everyone needs to stop being pussies. Every team can afford to maintain a good grass field, there is no excuse. Hell, look at AZ, they can pull their entire field out of the stadium to water it and get it some rays.
[ Edited by VancouverNiner on Jan 8, 2013 at 3:19 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Football is supposed to be played on grass. No more domes either, it is supposed to be outside.

Abso-f***ing-lutely

If you don't like the field conditions at the Stick, then win home field advantage. Otherwise, STFU!!!
I think it's funny when peoplre are throwing around the word "cheap" considering grass fields are by far the most expensive to upkeep. Field turf is pretty much set it and forget it.

I wouldnt want anything other than natural grass.
Mario Manningham, Kyle Williams & Kendall Hunter all got hurt and put on IR after getting injured on TURF
Marshmallows
Just make a giant field of mattresses!
Share 49ersWebzone