There are 139 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bring back Moss?

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
HELL NO!!!

Old Slow & STILL TAKES OF PLAYS WHEN IT MATTERS THE MOST (THE SUPER BOWL)

I rather give opportunities to younger hungrier WR's Like Jenkins & Lockette a chance over this over the hill bum

Moss was still a factor every time he touch the ball, don't know what your talking about. Only problem was the 9ers had a bunch of play makers on offense...what a good problem to have.

Last year Moss had a chip on his shoulder and something to prove. That he could still play at a high level. He came to the Niner's with a lot of enthusiasm at the start of the season but that disappeared as the season wore on till he was nothing but apathetic at the end. Well this year he hasn't even decided if he even wants to play. If he starts out apathetic, how much lower will his desire and effort end up as.
The problem in bringing back moss is that, Playing time is still not guaranteed even with crabs being down and when crabs do come back in Mid Nov
( im really hoping ) what will happen then? I wouldn't mind bringing back moss but I think the niners sticks to their plan and play the WR the team have.
Coach has already said Moss is not an option so thats that.
Look I like the guy, but he just doesn't have it anymore, not to mention he doesn't even try to play hard. on the field I rather get any veteran who will come in, play hard and make plays like a Brandon Lloyd for example.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Ocho Cinco??

Isnt he in jail? Or headed there?

What is with the constant bantering on here about old retread WR's? Moss, TO, 85? I dont really understand. The last 3 retreads on O we brought in havent exactly been lights out. Moss, Jacobs, Edwards. Why is there the notion that bringing another old, worn out vet is going to help us fill the role that Crabtree held. Hell, toss Manningham on that list of those that was supposed to put up big numbers (yes, he got hurt, but did he do a whole lot before then?) I hope Boldin can change that, but with the incredible ability of our FO to snag draft talent, i.e. Aldon, Kap, etc... they havent been all too good at playmakers when it comes to FA. Roster fillers, roll players, sure, they have that down.

Let our guys, AJ, Patton, Lockette, etc... battle it out in camp and PS, and trust that one of them will emerge to be the next great thing. Many posters on here like to say "in Harbalkee we trust", so do it. Stop beating the drum for old washed up "playmakers" because it looks like the smart move in Madden and trust the guys theyve drafted, groomed, redshirted will live up to the high picks and praise that management has given them.
Marvin Lewis was correct all Moss does is take reps away from younger guys that really need it. Moss was solid and wasn't a headcase or anything. But you just can't beat father time
Originally posted by lamontb:
Marvin Lewis was correct all Moss does is take reps away from younger guys that really need it. Moss was solid and wasn't a headcase or anything. But you just can't beat father time

agreed, Moss was key for us last season, but now we have too much depth with Manningham, Williams, Jenkins, Patton, Lockette, Marlon Moore.
Originally posted by LVJay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TQcWo65Qzo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmJcUlrkMNg

first video I could do w/o but the 2nd video is a classic that never gets old. straight cash homie... with that said moss won't be back this year and the drafting of patton confirmed that.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I saw the interview and that's absolutely not what Harbaugh said. He just refuses to comment on any FA pickups. Doesn't rule out re-signing Moss at all. Stupid article

I agree the conclusion reached by the author was a stretch--he read Harbaugh's ambiguity as a negative.
The author could be right or he could be wrong.

We will have to see what happens.

I give it a 60% Moss returns

Maybe, but I think it is closer to 5%.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
agreed, Moss was key for us last season, but now we have too much depth with Manningham, Williams, Jenkins, Patton, Lockette, Marlon Moore.

Exactly. They have to find out what they have in these guys.
Hell no. He half assed his play in the biggest game of his career.
I dont know why some people wouldnt want to give him a chance ? ...granted he is older and a step slower , but he can STILL get open , and the defense still respects his talents ....he might be long in the tooth , and his best days behind him , but he's a more attractive option than the other WR's on the street , plus his mentoring of the younger WR's would be a bonus, and he already knows the system ....bring him back Trent
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TQcWo65Qzo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmJcUlrkMNg

first video I could do w/o but the 2nd video is a classic that never gets old. straight cash homie... with that said moss won't be back this year and the drafting of patton confirmed that.

no moss no mas

"I don't shine shoes"
[ Edited by LVJay on May 23, 2013 at 5:09 PM ]
no moss no mas

"I don't shine shoes"

sucks that I got a custom made moss is boss sweater and a sign that said moss this moss that they wouldnt let me take into the game and was gonna try agin this year. lol but I cant afford these ridiculous resale tickets anyway