There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The 12th Man

Originally posted by maltz88:
Originally posted by susweel:
is our new stadium gonna amplify the corwd ?

If the 49ers ownership had any sense it would.

The architects that designed Century Link Field called the way the sound is directed toward the field a "happy accident."

If any owners don't consider this when they are building their new stadiums they are fools. The happy accident should become one of the fundamental design principals all stadium designers utilize from here on out!

niner ownership consider "fan experience" when designing the stadium. i.e. views of the field and surround area, shopping, access..... etc. i dunno if you've been to candlestick, but access was one of the hot topics when designing the new stadium.

i wouldn't call it foolish to not have it, it's a great feature to have, but many owners will look at it as additional cost that could be used in other ways, depending on the what else.... that would make that foolish.
Originally posted by dwy621:
Anybody else notice at the Arizona game when you heard SHHHHHHH come out of the speakers when the Niners were on offense. It is so embarrassing to have to remind fans to be quiet when the team is on offense.

Yeah I noticed that I can't believe we still need to do that. Might as well hand flyers with instructions to everyone when they walk into the stadium

No......... but it's gonna be the greenest and most enviornment friendly. Maybe all the energy that is being saved can energize the crowd!
Originally posted by Howlett49:

No......... but it's gonna be the greenest and most enviornment friendly. Maybe all the energy that is being saved can energize the crowd!

Mexico City's faithful traveling all the way to make some noise!!!!

Been a fan since the 80's, finally I'll get to be at the stick GO NINERS!!!
relevant link
http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/penaltysummaries
Loss of team time out(s) or five-yard penalty on the defense for excessive crowd noise

I ALWAYS WONDERED ABOUT THIS LOL
Touchdown Awarded
(Palpably Unfair Act) When Referee determines a palpably unfair act deprived a team of a touchdown. (Example: Player comes off bench and tackles runner apparently en route to touchdown.)
[ Edited by 49erfaithful49 on Jan 2, 2013 at 8:59 PM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:
now you're just talking out of your ass.
A couple points:

- I was at both playoff games last year and the NFCCG was much quieter I think for many reasons (rain, more expensive tickets ie less die hard fans)
- I've tried contacting the 49ers about fan experiences etc and I don't think they seem to care. At the divisional game I was able to bring 2 posters in "THIS IS OUR HOUSE" "MAKE SOME NOISE"... When I tried to bring the same posters into the NFCCG I was told I had to throw them out at the gate.

I'm hoping the "Kezar whine and cheese crowd" gets priced out at the new stadium. Then again I'm concerned the die-hards are the ones that will actually get priced out :(
Fan from Miami here. I was at the saints playoff game and it was pretty loud and earlier this season against detroit it got pretty loud too. Been traveling to a couple games a year the past few years (houston, chicago, pittsburgh, dc, ny, new orleans, arizona, new england, detroit, baltimore). It's good to see more 9er fans coming out to the away games. Seems like it started with the DC game last season that you could start to hear our presence in stadiums. I'm hoping to go to the nfccg if we make it. Only two destinations. SF or ATL. Next season i was hoping to not leave the state other than to the stick one last time but they moved the jax game to london. Oh well.

Talbert
Originally posted by ALLDONE:
A couple points:

- I was at both playoff games last year and the NFCCG was much quieter I think for many reasons (rain, more expensive tickets ie less die hard fans)
- I've tried contacting the 49ers about fan experiences etc and I don't think they seem to care. At the divisional game I was able to bring 2 posters in "THIS IS OUR HOUSE" "MAKE SOME NOISE"... When I tried to bring the same posters into the NFCCG I was told I had to throw them out at the gate.

I'm hoping the "Kezar whine and cheese crowd" gets priced out at the new stadium. Then again I'm concerned the die-hards are the ones that will actually get priced out :(
that's exactly what's gonna happen.
Originally posted by JayPap:
Mexico City's faithful traveling all the way to make some noise!!!!

Been a fan since the 80's, finally I'll get to be at the stick GO NINERS!!!

JayPap, I'm also going from Mexico City to support the niners
Originally posted by Chanhopper415:
Originally posted by dwy621:
Anybody else notice at the Arizona game when you heard SHHHHHHH come out of the speakers when the Niners were on offense. It is so embarrassing to have to remind fans to be quiet when the team is on offense.

Yeah I noticed that I can't believe we still need to do that. Might as well hand flyers with instructions to everyone when they walk into the stadium

They started that last season, all of these bandwagon fans have no idea when to cheer for the team. "Quite Please, offense at work" is displayed at every game I have been to this year and last....
Better be loud as f**k. No reason why we shouldn't be as loud if not louder then fans up in Seattle.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
once I digest my fabulous wine and cheese I will clap really loud

Make sure you are also very loud when you cut the cheese.
Originally posted by KaepernickFan:
Better be loud as f**k. No reason why we shouldn't be as loud if not louder then fans up in Seattle.

because in SF, you get kicked out for being too loud.