There are 194 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anyone else worried about retaining the current Niners coaching staff?

If Andy Reid ends up in az and roman leaves, forget Cryst.. And bring Trestman, I'm ready to see that High Octane WC offense. With Kaep arm strength I wouldn't be surprise if he throws for 5000 lol.
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
If Andy Reid ends up in az and roman leaves, forget Cryst.. And bring Trestman, I'm ready to see that High Octane WC offense. With Kaep arm strength I wouldn't be surprise if he throws for 5000 lol.

I don't want chryst as oc :(
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Well, I was looking at ESPN and it was reported that Mike Holmgren (who lives in Arizona) is entertaining all calls.

LOL.

"Hello"

"Hey Mike, how's it going?"

"Who's this?"

"It's Andy."

"Andy, how the heck are you?"

"Still got some skid burns from having my ass tossed out of Phila--......well I'm about to be a lot better, as you may have heard, I'm getting ready to be coaching the Cardinals."

"Yes, I did hear, congratulations, that's terrific!"

"Well, the reason I wanted to give you a call is to see what you've got going on for the next few seasons, see I've got Morhinweg following me around like a lost puppy and truthfully I need an offensive coordinator who knows what the hell he's doing."

".................I'm pretty much done with coaching Andy, as much as I'd like to----"

"PLEASE........this is very importa......oh f**k, its Morhinweg calling again, can you hold please Mike?"

"Sure"

*CLICK*

"Okay, as I was saying Mike, I could really use your expertise he--.........hello....Mike?......helllloooooooooo?"
Originally posted by 60sfan:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
With this many openings, I'm afraid I have to agree with you. Especially if Roman takes the team deep into the playoffs.

If the Niners win the Super Bowl you can say goodbye to half the coaching staff. Tomsula deserves to get a shot at DC.

But this happened routinely under Bill Walsh. The only coordinator who didn't get hired away was Seifert, and that's because DeBartolo paid him so damn well it just wasn't worth it to leave. Plus, he was going to succeed Walsh anyway, which he did, and he took us to two more Super Bowls.

But, take a look someday at the offensive coordinators who served under Bill Walsh. It was a damn revolving door. A lot of great coaches went on to a lot of great careers as head coaches, including Mike Shanahan for one. There were others. It didn't hurt us. Like Harbaugh, Walsh was the true offensive mind. He would teach coordinators the basics of the WCO, and they would up and leave after a season or two.

McKittrick stuck around as well. Probably because Eddie D. paid him so damn well. If you played well for the 49ers and Eddie D., you got paid $$$ by Eddie D. That's why so many ex-coaches and players still love the guy.

This is why, they hired an offensive mind like Harbaugh as the Head Coach. You typically lose your offensive coordinator when you have success. I never want to see a niner head coach that is defensive minded, again. Defensive Coordinators are easier to replace.

Agreed. When York hired Nolan, I wasn't excited. The man couldn't call two consecutive running plays to save his life. And from Nolan we went to Dingleberry, another underwhelming hire.
Originally posted by PTulini:
I don't want to lose Jim Tomsula most of all.

I'd hate to lose:

1. D-Line: Jim Tomsula
2. DC: Vic Fangio
3. ST Coach: Brad Seely
4. RB coach: Tom Rathman

Pretty much this.

It ill be interesting to see if Tomsula even wants a HC job, since i think i recall him saying that he didnt feel prepared for one in an interview. I could definately see him wanting a DC position though, and then moving up from there.

I personally love Tomsula. He is my favorite positions coach in as long as i can remember
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I wouldn't mind seeing Geep Cryst run the offensive play-calling at all. I think there would be more cohesiveness in the passing game. Tomsula is obviously going to get a look at head coaching jobs because he's got charisma, lots of personality and it's clear that players love him. The coach I would be most worried about losing is Fangio.

Based on what?
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I wouldn't mind seeing Geep Cryst run the offensive play-calling at all. I think there would be more cohesiveness in the passing game. Tomsula is obviously going to get a look at head coaching jobs because he's got charisma, lots of personality and it's clear that players love him. The coach I would be most worried about losing is Fangio.

Based on what?
Based on stupidity. Since I made that remark, I've been schooled on some of his background that I didn't know about.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Well, I was looking at ESPN and it was reported that Mike Holmgren (who lives in Arizona) is entertaining all calls.

LOL.

"Hello"

"Hey Mike, how's it going?"

"Who's this?"

"It's Andy."

"Andy, how the heck are you?"

"Still got some skid burns from having my ass tossed out of Phila--......well I'm about to be a lot better, as you may have heard, I'm getting ready to be coaching the Cardinals."

"Yes, I did hear, congratulations, that's terrific!"

"Well, the reason I wanted to give you a call is to see what you've got going on for the next few seasons, see I've got Morhinweg following me around like a lost puppy and truthfully I need an offensive coordinator who knows what the hell he's doing."

".................I'm pretty much done with coaching Andy, as much as I'd like to----"

"PLEASE........this is very importa......oh f**k, its Morhinweg calling again, can you hold please Mike?"

"Sure"

*CLICK*

"Okay, as I was saying Mike, I could really use your expertise he--.........hello....Mike?......helllloooooooooo?"
You feel better? Because I'd hate to see this thread get out of hand I'll hold my opinion about children and their inability of forethought.
You feel better? Because I'd hate to see this thread get out of hand I'll hold my opinion about children and their inability of forethought.

I was just having some fun, chill out already, you can go back to resorting your stamp collection now, geez.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I was just having some fun, chill out already, you can go back to resorting your stamp collection now, geez.
Stamp collection. . . . I have to admit that's funny. But my life isn't that dry.
I don't really want to lose anyone, but I have ALOT of faith in Harbaughs ability to attract assistants.

1) He got a pretty good one to come work for him in the first place.
2) If we lose a number of assitants this team will be viewed as a hotbet of HC talent so assistants will flock to Harbaugh. He'll fend them off with a stick.
3) There are a number of high quality assistants already with the team that could backfill....Ed Donatell, Geep Chryst, Tim Drevno, Jim Leavitt...all are really good coaches outside of the OC, DC and STC. I don't think Rathman would go anywhere. I'd hate to lose Tomsula, but when you hire really good coaches you are going to lose really good coaches. The trick is replacing them with more really good coaches and I trust Harbaugh in finding them.

He, for example, would not have hired Jimmy Raye because nobody would hire him away.
Wait. So I have been going through the posts and we're saying we aren't going to bring in Jimmy Raye?
Originally posted by VA49er:
Wait. So I have been going through the posts and we're saying we aren't going to bring in Jimmy Raye?

Too late, he's working for Tampa Bay as an offensive "consultant."
This comes from left field but what about bringing in Chris Ault? I'm sure he would love to work with Kaep again and could definitely add a wrinkle to the offense.
Originally posted by shaneblonien:
This comes from left field but what about bringing in Chris Ault? I'm sure he would love to work with Kaep again and could definitely add a wrinkle to the offense.

As an offensive consultant yes, coordinator....meh.