LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 247 users in the forums

Anyone else worried about retaining the current Niners coaching staff?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The Patriots have overcome this for a decade. As long as the head coach and GM are in place, they should be able to bring the right people in. Anyone questioning the legacy of Belichick needs to realize what he's done with quite a bit of turnover on his staff
I'm not worried that much. Plus, you guys are forgetting that there are plenty of other good teams in the NFL (see: the other 11 that made the playoffs), and their staffs are just as likely to be raided as ours. Oh, and you can already guarantee that Mike Nolan will be a HC somewhere next year, so that knocks out one vacancy.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
As much as I'd love to see Trestman or Turner as the 49ers OC once roman leave, I believe our OC will be Geep Cryst, I just don't think Harb is going out of his coaching tree to find a replacement.

Probably agree. Why hire a guy externally when you can promote a guy within and still keep your offensive playbook intact.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Probably agree. Why hire a guy externally when you can promote a guy within and still keep your offensive playbook intact.

That's exactly what Mike Nolan said about Jim Hostler. Promoting within is only valid if you have someone exceptionally talented waiting to move up.

If you've already got a set playbook and you go and hire a new OC, you tell them to utilize what is already there. That is what the 49ers did with Marc Trestman in the first place. Seifert said "here you go, call this stuff", and he went through videotape of Walsh, Holmgren and Shanahan, learned the general playbook and off he went.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 1, 2013 at 7:46 AM ]
Im sure we could find agl good replacement ala andy reid or turner
Hopefully we go deep and all the vacancies are filled before our season 'ends'.
Our guys can interview for jobs but can't be hired...I think....
Originally posted by Genius1310:
Hopefully we go deep and all the vacancies are filled before our season 'ends'.
Our guys can interview for jobs but can't be hired...I think....

They cant be hired until the team is done or wins the SB.
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman #49ers DL coach Jim Tomsula is a candidate for head-coach openings, CBS Sports reports
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman #49ers DL coach Jim Tomsula is a candidate for head-coach openings, CBS Sports reports

Noooooooooooooooooooooo
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Noooooooooooooooooooooo

This. Apparently out of all the 49ers assistant coaches, Tomsula is generating the most amount of interest to fill a head-coaching vacancy.

Uggh that would really suck if he left. They can take Roman for all I care but not Tomsula. Our D-Line needs him to stay here!
I wouldn't mind seeing Geep Cryst run the offensive play-calling at all. I think there would be more cohesiveness in the passing game. Tomsula is obviously going to get a look at head coaching jobs because he's got charisma, lots of personality and it's clear that players love him. The coach I would be most worried about losing is Fangio.
Originally posted by KaepernickFan:

Uggh that would really suck if he left. They can take Roman for all I care but not Tomsula. Our D-Line needs him to stay here!
That would suck. He's a great dline coach, I'm sure alot of guys are going to get calls hopefully andy read and lovie get jobs even mike nolan... Really like to keep Tomsula, hopefully doesn't leave for a dc job either.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Noooooooooooooooooooooo

This. Apparently out of all the 49ers assistant coaches, Tomsula is generating the most amount of interest to fill a head-coaching vacancy.

Interesting. Didn't really expect him to get looks at HC>
Walsh lost guys all the time. Belichek has lost a lot of guys. It's not necessarily a big problem if you have a strong HC.
Share 49ersWebzone