There are 127 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anyone else worried about retaining the current Niners coaching staff?

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The only ones the 49ers HAVE to allow to be interviewed are those going for head coaching positions. All this talk about guys going for a DC or OC position is just pointless speculation at this point.
Dude, I know that. See the topic of this thread. And by the way, at this point any talk about HC positions are but speculation as well, at least until someone is actually hired. So, , this is a fans forum. And as fans speculation is what we do.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Jan 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Dude, I know that. And by the way, at this point any talk about HC positions are but speculation as well, at least until someone is actually hired. So, , this is a fans forum. And as fans speculation is what we do.

Yes, but head coaching candidates can get interviewed right now. Assistant coaching positions will have to wait until after the 49ers win the Super-bowl.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
btw, i don't fangio isn't going anywhere. I don't think he wants to be a head coach. Plus, isn't he hella old?

Will only be 55 at the start of 2013 season
How about Mike Holmgren as OC? he is a SF native and coached Montana.
Dude, I know that. And by the way, at this point any talk about HC positions are but speculation as well, at least until someone is actually hired. So, , this is a fans forum. And as fans speculation is what we do.

Yes, but head coaching candidates can get interviewed right now. Assistant coaching positions will have to wait until after the 49ers win the Super-bowl.
Again, I know that. And I'm sure everyone else do to. but that don't stop people from wonder (speculating) about the season to come. Besides, is fun. we all know that mock drafts are pure speculation but that don't stop people from partaking in the fun of it either.
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
Holmgren won't come back for anything else but a HC job.
If Roman leaves and Harbaugh promotes Chryst because he's the easy option......I'm going to lose a lot of my current optimism about the future of this organization under him.

Not sure why. Harbaugh can always call the plays if he doesn't approve of Chryst.
Originally posted by SFrush:
If Roman leaves and Harbaugh promotes Chryst because he's the easy option......I'm going to lose a lot of my current optimism about the future of this organization under him.

Not sure why. Harbaugh can always call the plays if he doesn't approve of Chryst.

Have you seen him lately? He looks older than John! He needs someone to take off the stress of the rigors of being the head honcho.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Have you seen him lately? He looks older than John! He needs someone to take off the stress of the rigors of being the head honcho.

Stress comes with the job regardless.
  • fip24
  • Veteran
I hope Fangio sticks around but I'm not sold that Roman is the star that some believe. I wouldn't be too mad if Roman leaves and Norv comes back!

'
I think Jim Tomsula may be gone
pretty sure he's over coaching in general
Originally posted by Ballistic:
Well, I was looking at ESPN and it was reported that Mike Holmgren (who lives in Arizona) is entertaining all calls.
Originally posted by Ballistic:
Well, I was looking at ESPN and it was reported that Mike Holmgren (who lives in Arizona) is entertaining all calls.
along with Gruden, he's been entertaining calls since leaving GB
I'm not. They won't all leave. They are not marque names on the national stage. I wouldn't want most of the jobs out there. The only teams worth coaching are the bears and chiefs. they probably don't want a defensive guy like Fangio and I don't know if Roman is a fit for them. I don't think Roman is going to get a ton of looks as we run a pretty specific offense and nobody will trust him to build it. KC might be a tempting opportunity for Roman who likely wants and offensive guy and A smith. We shall see. I love our coaches but Roman hasn't exactly wowed and won't get the interest we might think he would. I don't see Fangio walking away from this group of players so easily. Mostly I'm worried about winning in the playoffs RIGHT NOW and I am sure that is #1 on their minds. I wouldn't even interview this week. Making a run and winning playoff games will be a better interview than any meet and greet. If they are desperate to coach there will be opportunities if they are brave.