LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 245 users in the forums

Now that the 2nd Seed is With It's Rightful Owner What Team Would You Rather Us Face?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Now that the 2nd Seed is With It's Rightful Owner What Team Would You Rather Us Face?

Anyone but the seahawks, they're the dark horse team no one wants to face.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
FAIL, No GB option....
I was referring to the Divisional match up. We won't see the Packers in that round. We are gonna see the winner of the Seahawks vs. Cowgirls/Washington game.
We will most likely see the packers so this poll is not accurate should be locked down
It would be great to stomp the Seahawks at the stick.

Its gonna be a challenge no matter who shows up because of key injuries....

9ers really need Akers to get back on track...........
Jeez, let's face facts. The Seahawks are a scary good team. I know the Niners CAN beat them, but of those three teams, the Seahawks look like the toughest to me. I don't like them. They're cheap shot artists and some of their players have no class. Sherman and Baldwin are just b***hes. Their coach is very sleazy with his "good call" on the "fail mary." But give them their rightful due - they are good.
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
Want to beat Packers, then Seahawks, then Broncos.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
FAIL, No GB option....
I was referring to the Divisional match up. We won't see the Packers in that round. We are gonna see the winner of the Seahawks vs. Cowgirls/Washington game.
We will most likely see the packers so this poll is not accurate should be locked down
Well, that's your opinion. But I put the poll forward without GB for a reason. I honestly do not think the Packers are gonna beat the Vikings, even at home. Of the NFC playoff teams the Packers are perhaps the least equipped to stop AP. I think ultimately the Vikings will be playing the Falcons. Now that the Cowgirls has lost in disgrace I think its more likely we see the Seahawks or Skins.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Dec 31, 2012 at 9:55 AM ]
I'd prefer GB.

Reason I don't want Seattle is the "injury" factor. I feel we get too beat up when we play them. Even when we win, we come out weakened for the nest game.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I want the seahawks blood on our hands.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
FAIL, No GB option....
Not much chance of the Vikings winning in Lambeau and we have to face the highest remaining seed. We only get the Sea-Wash winner if Packers lose.
[ Edited by BobS on Dec 31, 2012 at 10:52 AM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Jeez, let's face facts. The Seahawks are a scary good team. I know the Niners CAN beat them, but of those three teams, the Seahawks look like the toughest to me. I don't like them. They're cheap shot artists and some of their players have no class. Sherman and Baldwin are just b***hes. Their coach is very sleazy with his "good call" on the "fail mary." But give them their rightful due - they are good.
While they got hot late you cannot ignore their 3-5 road record. They beat the Bears, Bills and Panthers on the road. The only quality team there is the Bears and look where they ended up, 7-1 start and didn't make the play-offs.

Every possible matchup is exciting
Originally posted by Lifer:
Want to beat Packers, then Seahawks, then Broncos.
Not getting ahead of ourselves but ..worried about Denver...their offense is better than Seattle's and their defense is almost comparable if not equal..
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Dec 31, 2012 at 11:10 AM ]
Originally posted by kemp_j:
It would be great to stomp the Seahawks at the stick.

Its gonna be a challenge no matter who shows up because of key injuries....

9ers really need Akers to get back on track...........
I am sure Jimbo will carefully analyse the kicking game before giving Ackers his walking papers. Ackers makes me nervous even on the point after kicks. There has to be some kicker who is vegetating on the couch who could do better.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Well, that's your opinion. But I put the poll forward without GB for a reason. I honestly do not think the Packers are gonna beat the Vikings, even at home. Of the NFC playoff teams the Packers are perhaps the least equipped to stop AP. I think ultimately the Vikings will be playing the Falcons. Now that the Cowgirls has lost in disgrace I think its more likely we see the Seahawks or Skins.

Well, the poll is invalid if we cant give the opinion we want to give, which we cant because not all the options are there. In fact the most likely option is not there. poll is useless.

Originally posted by RogerCraig:
I am sure Jimbo will carefully analyse the kicking game before giving Ackers his walking papers. Ackers makes me nervous even on the point after kicks. There has to be some kicker who is vegetating on the couch who could do better.

Akers. no c
[ Edited by THEB on Dec 31, 2012 at 10:54 PM ]
I think we see the Packers first. I think we can successfully run on them and beat them. I think the Seahawks will beat the Redskins and then their season will end in Atlanta. I think we go to Atlanta for the title game and sweet revenge for the last time we did that when Hearst was injured on the first play and the Niners had to play the rest of a title game without a running attack.

Then, I think Kaepernick shocks the NFL by outplaying Peyton Manning and the Niners get their sixth championship.

Actually, I think "hope" is a better word here than "think."
Share 49ersWebzone