LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Now that the 2nd Seed is With It's Rightful Owner What Team Would You Rather Us Face?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Now that the 2nd Seed is With It's Rightful Owner What Team Would You Rather Us Face?

Originally posted by RussellWilson:
You guys are getting Green Bay. No way the Vikings win back to back games against the Pack.. even if Adrian Peterson is not human.

I agree.

We'll have to beat Rogers, who is still the most valuable player in the league.
Originally posted by Youngb:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Agreed, especially about seattle.

If the two best teams end up in the NFC championship, it will be Sea @ SF IMHO.

You really think that Seattle would win in Lambeau??

That game could never happen in my scenario.

But yes I think Seattle COULD win in Lambeau. I think Seattle is better top to bottom than Green Bay.
I would love nothing more than to play a tired and drained Seattle team in the Divisional. A flip of the coin of sorts, after we had to play them after playing 6 quarters worth of football against the Pats. But I have a feeling Washington is gonna take care of business.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Is it known if we play on Saturday or Sunday? My bday is that Sunday so that would be f**king awesome Bday!!! Last year the Saints game was the day after and that was a fantastic present.

Bumpin my own s**t.
I want the Seattle Seawhores and their cheater of a coach.

I don't care what they did last weekend. That was then and this is now. Give Harbaugh and company two weeks to get ready and there's not a team in the playoffs we can't take.

Especially those cocky so-and-sos from Latte Land. Bring 'em on!
Bumpin my own s**t.

It's on Saturday at 5:00 PM PST. http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2012/POST
Originally posted by TlSSER:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
FAIL, No GB option....
I was referring to the Divisional match up. We won't see the Packers in that round. We are gonna see the winner of the Seahawks vs. Cowgirls/Washington game.

Actually if GB wins we are guaranteed to play them.

We get the highest seed of next weeks winners.

Not sure what your talking about. Green Bay is the higher seed so if they win then we play them. I think you meant if Seattle wins and Green Bay loses...

[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Dec 30, 2012 at 11:10 PM ]
  • Jiks
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Bumpin my own s**t.

It's on Saturday at 5:00 PM PST. http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2012/POST

Thanks
Originally posted by Ohio49er:

I don't care what they did last weekend. That was then and this is now. Give Harbaugh and company two weeks to get ready and there's not a team in the playoffs we can't take.

The fact is, seattle matches up extremely well with us. I dont care about egos, or getting revenge. I care about getting to the superbowl. I dont know why anyone would want seattle simple for the sake of proving a point. They are a division opponent, that plays us extremely well, and quite frankly, they would probably be the toughest team for us to match up against. The first game in SF was not an easy game.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

The fact is, seattle matches up extremely well with us. I dont care about egos, or getting revenge. I care about getting to the superbowl. I dont know why anyone would want seattle simple for the sake of proving a point. They are a division opponent, that plays us extremely well, and quite frankly, they would probably be the toughest team for us to match up against. The first game in SF was not an easy game.

I guess shoving 6 Vince Lombardi Trophies in their faces will have to do, as far as revenge goes.

Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

I guess shoving 6 Vince Lombardi Trophies in their faces will have to do, as far as revenge goes.

Thats plenty good for me. In the playoffs, if its between choosing the hard road to prove a point, or the easy road to walk into the superbol, i choose the easy road every time. The superbowl is hat counts. Very few people remember (except for us crazy fans) the road to a superbowl victory, what they remember is the superbowl champs. Nothing else matters.
I want to play the seahawks so we can lamenate and troll Russelll Wilson's wife all over the Stick!

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RussellWilson:
You guys are getting Green Bay. No way the Vikings win back to back games against the Pack.. even if Adrian Peterson is not human.

Don't count it out. If it's snowing up there...AD is going to go for over 200 yards on them and Rodgers will have a tougher time throwing perfect deep balls. I can see it happen.

I'm also hoping it happens. I want Seattle to come to San Fran on Jan. 12
Looks like it will be the packers. At the stick, Saturday January 12th at 5:00
I was going to answer but then being superstitious I will pass. Be careful what you wish for; I remember being really happy not having to go to GB and getting the Giants here and look how that turned out. Obviously, we should have beat the Giants but we might have had a better shot in GB.
Share 49ersWebzone