There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

what went so wrong in Seattle?

Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
Karma, Harbaugh's college players did us dirty like he did them. They probably told Alex not to trust him after the game.

I think Alex has figured this out on his own. But, yeah, Sherman probably affirmed that point.
very little pass rush and Rogers and Kaep had bad games
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Kapow, that's what happened. Come on guys. Our primary issue in the game was our inability to have an offense that could win a shoot out, or come from behind. Our primary issue in the game was Kapow, the leader of the offense. If he could have engineered some points, then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Hopefully he'll rebound for the AZ game.

First time we got to see him play from behind - discounting the 3 to 0 Miami lead and coming in for Smith against the Rams.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

I can't believe Rogers is an alternate for the Pro Bowl. Guy lived up to his billing one year (last year) in his career. Seems to have brain farts too often.
  • HIMYM
  • Veteran
It's a game of momentum. I think we would've recovered if the field goal isn't blocked we'd have been down by 11 instead of being down by 21. And the no calls on their players killed any momentum we would've had.
[ Edited by HIMYM on Dec 28, 2012 at 7:33 AM ]
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
We got beat. It happens. Its the reason the 72 Dolphins were the last undefeated team to win it all. Teams occasionally lose, teams occasionally look like crap.

You guys need to get over it. One game does not make a season.

If we get over it, there would be nothing left for us to talk about and you to moderate.
Everything.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Everything.

This! Kap did not play well, the offense did not play well, ST and defense were horrendous. 11 of 12 third down conversions?????? (excluding the kneel down). If Kap had played well, the game would have been closer, but I don't see us winning that game with the team that showed up.

Coaches think to much of Kaps passing game, they need to bring him on slowly, not lean on his arm.
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
The Pats game took a lot out of our team. We really got up for that game. Had to travel across the country then play in Seattle which is the toughest place to play. I think we'll bounce back.

If you told me we'd go 1-1 playing at Gillette and Qwest in December I'd be content.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about it.
Originally posted by UKNiners:

I can't believe Rogers is an alternate for the Pro Bowl. Guy lived up to his billing one year (last year) in his career. Seems to have brain farts too often.

yeah he is dead average, if we let Goldson go b/c we wont give hime 7/8 mill but pay Rogers 7.5 that BS
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
everything, forget it, move on. if the team is pouting as much as we fans are on the eve of a big game, then we will have a problem sunday.i am used to our team getting out coached in games we lose and i am used to s**tty pass protection, inability to get plays off on time and penalties up the ass,,,,, but I did not like to see our team get bullied, get intimidated and look clueless on defense grabbing instead of tackling.
err would say alot , i think seattle was really gunning to beat us, we didn't really match that intensity since nothing was really on the line. Also if a big play early by kaep connects, barley off on a few long balls, who knows what could have happened, tough breaks. blocked FG was huge, refs not calling all the blatent holdings once again. i don't know what else.
#1. This defense was not ready for Russel Wilson. This guy made the Niners D look bad. Real bad.

#2. Kap had a bad game. The offense in the redzone was awful.

#3. Our pass coverage. Why in the hell were all those Seahawks receivers open when Wilson was extending plays? Why don't our receivers get open like that when Kap extends plays??!!!

#4. Maybe I should've put this as one. But how many 3rd down conversations did Seattle have?

I will say this. I'm happy we played against Seattle. As bad as this butt-whoopin looked, it couldn't have happened at a better time. You DO NOT want to see these Seahawks in the playoffs and get surprised by how great they're playing now.

I saw a couple of things in this game that showed me how the defense can contain Wilson. (Sorry, nothing can be done about Lynch lol) And fortunately for us, that slithering snake Fisher is going to game plan well against that Seattle offense so he will give us a minor blueprint on how to beat this team or at least try to. And I'm not too concerned about Kap going up against this defense again. As bad as he played, he made some throws in that game that showed me that on a good day, he can beat this Seattle D even if they are the best secondary in the NFL.
Bad start and a horrible finish