There are 165 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Cowboy Has Partially Torn Tricep

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
The team should not play him again this season. All we need it to do more damage and have him not come back the same for next season. I know we want him for the playoffs, but they should not rush this. I know Cowboy will want to play if he feels he can, but the team needs to be smart about this.

Time to experiment against the cards with Aldon on the line at DE, either in a 4-3, shifting bowman to OLB, or in a 3-4 with either bahktiari, or Johnson playing OLB. Maybe shift soap to DE, and have RJF play nose. Not sure, but they should attempt to get it figured out against the cards.

I agree, can you imagine if we put him in, he's only at 50 or 60%, AND he reinjures himself in a playoff game?
That commitment is what legends are made of.

HOLEEEEE
SH*T.
They say he has to have surgery anyway so I'm sure he insisted on playing

Just another example that this guy is a beast

The brace may cover up the Budweiser tattoo :)
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Con huevos!

Grandes y llenos de acero!!!!
to bull rush somebody you dont need to use your tris the whole time, dont you just ram your f**kin shoulder into them and push like hell
I wish the team would sit him. IR him for the remainder of the season and come back strong next year. I'd hate to see his career cut shorter than it has to on a re-injury
tape his arm behind his back, like i said, he dont need it
Originally posted by carioca49er:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
The team should not play him again this season. All we need it to do more damage and have him not come back the same for next season. I know we want him for the playoffs, but they should not rush this. I know Cowboy will want to play if he feels he can, but the team needs to be smart about this.

Time to experiment against the cards with Aldon on the line at DE, either in a 4-3, shifting bowman to OLB, or in a 3-4 with either bahktiari, or Johnson playing OLB. Maybe shift soap to DE, and have RJF play nose. Not sure, but they should attempt to get it figured out against the cards.

I agree, can you imagine if we put him in, he's only at 50 or 60%, AND he reinjures himself in a playoff game?

I'm sure they've weighed the costs and benefits. He's going to have to have surgery anyway, so the worst that could happen is that he simply cannot finish the playoffs. Either way he'll be back next year.
Originally posted by WINiner:
I wish the team would sit him. IR him for the remainder of the season and come back strong next year. I'd hate to see his career cut shorter than it has to on a re-injury

Ridiculous idea. I trust Cowboy knows what he is doing.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Con huevos!

si mon
Originally posted by 49amane:
to bull rush somebody you dont need to use your tris the whole time, dont you just ram your f**kin shoulder into them and push like hell

This is awkward. Ummm.. In order to "push", a player would be engaging in a tricep extension movement...where the primary muscle being used is the.... Well... Tricep muscle

Now I'm actually more depressed. Let's pray that he's more of an animal than we think
[ Edited by Imfasterthanur on Jan 4, 2013 at 12:50 AM ]
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
This is awkward. Ummm.. In order to "push", a player would be engaging in a tricep extension movement...where the primary muscle being used is the.... Well... Tricep muscle

Now I'm actually more depressed. Let's pray that he's more of an animal than we think

Totally agree. But the hope is he continues attracting doubles and can be somewhat of a plug in the hole his abstinence has created in the running game. Remember Giants complaining Justin is always pulling blockers down with him

Bottomline: I'd set the over/under at 2 playoff games (SB winning scenario) for Justin to play in. The higher the stakes the more ruthless the play and eventually Justin will be taken out if he is effective enough for us.

The sad truth is our current path looks like
vs Packers
@ Falcons

Those are two TOP5 Quarterbacks. The exact opponents that Justins up the middle pressure is so effective against.
[ Edited by KEGster on Jan 4, 2013 at 2:17 AM ]
Justin is gonna play like an animal and he will inspire everyone in a 49er uniform. He just doesn't give a damn about s*** except winning. I just know that he is gonna play until that arm falls off and that is enough for me. He will bring out our best
Cowboy is going to pull a Willis Reed. The opposing team will stop when they see him come on the field and after a few plays will say, " What A Man! ".
I still say start RJF and bring JS in to give guys a rest.