There are 30 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Does anyone still believe that we will win the SB this season?

Does anyone still believe that we will win the SB this season?

Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
He must be talking about Smith. That's the only clutch performance I remember against a Saints team.

Back to Smith...What a shock.
Kaepernick played well and the 49ers beat the Saints. It was a good game, no?

Hey, I was talking about a "clutch performance" I didn't say he didn't play good enough to win. Did I?
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Back to Smith...What a shock.
Kaepernick played well and the 49ers beat the Saints. It was a good game, no?

That was also the only game where the Saints defense didnt give up at least 400 yards of offense.
If you remember we also needed two defensive scores to get it done
Probably not. Worried about Kaep developing in time and worried about Justin Smith's injury.
With Alex Smith at QB, we were a Super Bowl contender
With Kaepernick at QB, we are at best a playoff contender (at this point in time)
Originally posted by solidg2000:
With Kaepernick at QB, we are at best a playoff contender (at this point in time)
Nonsense. They've both got high ratings, similar statistics. They both move the offense.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I still have faith but it's hard to see us going all the way AND winning.

If it doesn't happen...this will be a completely wasted season. But of course...it's all good because "it's a learning experience."

So you saw us going to the Superbowl before the QB switch? I guess you're far more optimistic than I am.

Yeah actually I did. I still see us going but not as likely.

Also...the defense was playing better earlier in the year and the run game was better as well. The QB switch would be #3 or #4 in terms of what I think has been detrimental to the team.

1) Defense not playing well this late in the year
2) Run game has declined
3) Play calling has been "simplified" and/or changed for the worst
4) QB switch (which may have led to 3 and 2).
5) Injuries

I agree with this except I'd move the Justin Smith injury up to the number one spot.

IDK u have to have at least 1 CB who doesn't get embarassed every other game.

a playoff contender is pretty good to me (at this point in time)

I dont think Harbaugh thinks AS is a SB qb
NFLguy, 5 pages back you mentioned kap isn;t a rook. Yeah, he was on the team last yr, and yeah he played a few wildcats this yr. But quality wise and #of play wise, the kid is a rook. Sorry
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
NFLguy, 5 pages back you mentioned kap isn;t a rook. Yeah, he was on the team last yr, and yeah he played a few wildcats this yr. But quality wise and #of play wise, the kid is a rook. Sorry

This doesn't make sense. So the QBs in the league that don't look like rookies aren't rookies? Kaep is playing like Kaep and hes not a rookie.
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
If you remember we also needed two defensive scores to get it done

How about the 5 turnovers in the playoff game? kaep more than held his own in that game.
With Kaepernick at QB, we are a Super Bowl contender
With Alex Smith at QB, we were at best a playoff contender (at this point in time)

Fixed.

Wow, look what I did. I just pulled a Harbaugh.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Dec 28, 2012 at 5:02 AM ]