There are 119 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Refs at Seattle game

sometimes i feel refs can favor the home team so they dont upset the crowd... seemed like the seattle game was a pefect example of this.. they seemed intimidated..like the niners lol
Originally posted by SportsFan:
No homers here. I was at game so didn't have as great a view as those who watched on TV.

Were the refs really that bad? Was Seattle getting away with lots of penalties?

The one I clearly saw was the hold on Whitner on Lynch's first TD. Also heard RJF was held as well.

There were 3 holds on that play. They pretty much held every play or did PI every play.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for pahlerbj.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
No homers here. I was at game so didn't have as great a view as those who watched on TV.

Were the refs really that bad? Was Seattle getting away with lots of penalties?

The one I clearly saw was the hold on Whitner on Lynch's first TD. Also heard RJF was held as well.

There were 3 holds on that play. They pretty much held every play or did PI every play.

when u can see Aldons last name on the front side.....thats a hold..... fyi lol
Originally posted by forty9ers:
sometimes i feel refs can favor the home team so they dont upset the crowd... seemed like the seattle game was a pefect example of this.. they seemed intimidated..like the niners lol

They were definitely intimidated at first and then it just looked like they enjoyed hearing the roar of the crowd and got caught up in the moment. IMO Sherman's play is ridiculous, earlier in the day I saw multiple CBs get flagged constantly for far less... But he flagrantly pulls down forearms and biceps to force the WR to catch one handed. Unfortunately if you get away with it then its legal, regardless f*ck Sherman.
Originally posted by 5280High:
They were definitely intimidated at first and then it just looked like they enjoyed hearing the roar of the crowd and got caught up in the moment. IMO Sherman's play is ridiculous, earlier in the day I saw multiple CBs get flagged constantly for far less... But he flagrantly pulls down forearms and biceps to force the WR to catch one handed. Unfortunately if you get away with it then its legal, regardless f*ck Sherman.

I'm sure you would feel differently if he played for your team.
Originally posted by NavyHawk:
Originally posted by 5280High:
They were definitely intimidated at first and then it just looked like they enjoyed hearing the roar of the crowd and got caught up in the moment. IMO Sherman's play is ridiculous, earlier in the day I saw multiple CBs get flagged constantly for far less... But he flagrantly pulls down forearms and biceps to force the WR to catch one handed. Unfortunately if you get away with it then its legal, regardless f*ck Sherman.

I'm sure you would feel differently if he played for your team.

But he doesn't Navycawk, so he can suck it. I was more pissed about the refs not being consistent from the earlier games, then Sherman's PI. It's like last week when DW fumbled, the game right before a Denver bronco fumbled in the same situation and it was correctly ruled incomplete pass. The human element has been taken to the extreme in terms of officiating this season and its tainting the game.
[ Edited by 5280High on Dec 25, 2012 at 10:08 PM ]
Said this earlier in the year when we played them, they got away with murder.
It's only human nature to get caught up in the moment and the refs kinda like the spotlight too, I think.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
still would have lost with fair officiating. lots of holds an DPI not called.

. 1 or even 2 holding calls on the olinemen would have made a difference for the 9ers defense. The refs swallowed their whistles on all the contact down the field. If they continue to allow Seattle to play that way, they are on their way to the SB............

The blocked field goal attempt and the loss of mario and vernon sealed the fate of the 9ers Sunday night........
Originally posted by forty9ers:
sometimes i feel refs can favor the home team so they dont upset the crowd... seemed like the seattle game was a pefect example of this.. they seemed intimidated..like the niners lol

Does nothing to explain the lack of pass interference calls in the earlier game. Meanwhile Brown gets his feet tangled up with a WR and instantly gets hit with a PI...or a BS holding call in the endzone, meanwhile Moss gets mugged and notasinglecallwasmadethatday.jpg.

The refs weren't the reason that the 49ers lost, but their lack of officiating competency made the gameplan that much easier for Seattle. Its far easier to beat a team when your offensive linemen hold all over the place and the the defensive backs are grabbing and holding WR's all the way down the field.
The officiating was obviously terrible! And while I can't point to that being like THE reason we lost. I really feel they gave them a lot of momentum, by not calling the many blatant holds on them. The equaled in TDs for them and our receivers not being able to catch the ball on many plays! If you really think about it, if they had started throwing flags on those, they may not have been able to extend so many of they're drives. And some of the flags they threw on us, were just total bs(like the assist tackle by culliver)!But what ever. It just seems like the refs call the game very awkwardly, when calling seac0(k home games!
The Defensive PI on our deep throws that weren't called is what did it for me ...
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by forty9ers:
sometimes i feel refs can favor the home team so they dont upset the crowd... seemed like the seattle game was a pefect example of this.. they seemed intimidated..like the niners lol

They were definitely intimidated at first and then it just looked like they enjoyed hearing the roar of the crowd and got caught up in the moment. IMO Sherman's play is ridiculous, earlier in the day I saw multiple CBs get flagged constantly for far less... But he flagrantly pulls down forearms and biceps to force the WR to catch one handed. Unfortunately if you get away with it then its legal, regardless f*ck Sherman.

If he can get away with taking PED's than he along with with his organization were set to get away with whatever the hell they wanted.
[b]
Originally posted by 5280High:
But he doesn't Navycawk, so he can suck it. I was more pissed about the refs not being consistent from the earlier games, then Sherman's PI. It's like last week when DW fumbled, the game right before a Denver bronco fumbled in the same situation and it was correctly ruled incomplete pass. The human element has been taken to the extreme in terms of officiating this season and its tainting the game.

Cawk? Suck it?

Hmm. Freud was right.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,411
Originally posted by NavyHawk:
[b]
Cawk? Suck it?

Hmm. Freud was right.

lol